As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I mean, you kind of are forced to enter the place without warping or gliding in the first time, so you'd have to experience the foggy part at least once.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Ughhhhhh the lowest value garbage crop

Strawberries man

Was just making a joke - I have a full 116 crop greenhouse of ancient fruit now.

Cripes. I have 1 in there and the rest are Starfruit but my animals make so much money I don't even care. What are you using all that money for?

Subjugation of other humans (NPCs).

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the lost woods ran fine. I don't know about the actual korok village though

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the lost woods ran fine. I don't know about the actual korok village though

It was only korok villiage itself that ran bad. Lost woods was fine.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    whoops I accidentally found myself in a gamestop tonight buying a switch and mario odyssey.

this thing is surpsingly comfortable to hold.

people buying consoles by accident is a national epidemic

we must fight back

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    whoops I accidentally found myself in a gamestop tonight buying a switch and mario odyssey.

this thing is surpsingly comfortable to hold.

people buying consoles by accident is a national epidemic

we must fight back

By....buying them on purpose?

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    ...Yes.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqR58L9oEOc

Surprisingly 900p docked. There was speculation that it would be 720p docked or handheld.

The main thing portable mode does compared to docked is a worse draw distance/LOD, but it's pretty distant and not going to affect gameplay.

Frame rate rock solid, as Xbone and PS4 versions.

85 on Metacritic so far, good reviews. From one review:
    And there’s even an exclusive feature in Skyrim for Nintendo Switch. Lockpicking now uses HD Rumble, letting you feel your way through the lock to find a stronger vibration before unlocking. Thanks to this, some patience will have you unlocking Master locks on your first try, and I feel like what was previously a frustrating game of trial and error has been turned into a slightly skillful minigame, and it’s way more fun.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    That looks remarkable.

Holy shit

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    That is sweet about the lockpicking. I remember hearing that you could slowly move your lockpick across the lock and the sound effects (rattles, tumbling sounds)supposedly hinted at where the sweet spot is located. Never worked out for me.

• Options
    Also has a day one patch for video, making it the first third party game to incorporate it, so you can show everybody how you fus-ro-chicken:

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Those guards are pissed about that chicken, huh?

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I don't really care they had to cut back on the foliage, because... it's foliage. I don't really care.

But it also seems this particularly version of Skyrim may be relatively bug-free? I haven't heard any serious complaints, anyway.

• Options
    Look if I'm looking for a mammoth tusk for Ysolda and don't see a live mammoth majestically plummet from the sky when leaving Whiterun then it's just not the same.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    Fine. I will get it. As soon as I have money to buy something other than food.

It really feels like Bethesda went all out with these, really one upped the other pubs this time. The new darlings of thir party devs, alongside Ubi? I wouldn't mind, really like Beth (yes, I call it Beth, it's my bae, as the younglings say nowadays).

But aaaanyway, any cheap docks seen in stores (that won't kill your whole family in a fire)? I have the OG on my comp desk so I can play Switch on my monitor, but I would need to switch audio cord and I can't be arsed so I play handheld most of the time. Would love to have another dock next to sofa, I keep it there usually plugged in.

Actually, now that I think about it, what I really need is another loading... Thing. What's it called, the plob you put in the outlet to give you UNLIMITED POWAHHHHH! or something. Reloader? Power giver?

I got some dope medicine after hurt my knee yesterday (black ice is not as cool as it soundle like, especially under your bike tires). Hard to express myelf in my mother's language, let alone in English, the language that has so many mothers it doesn't even pronounce all of the letter out loud.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    USB cord. You just need any old 3.0 type C cord. If you have a newish Android phone it probably uses the same charging plug. Otherwise it shouldn't be hard to find one in stores.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Grebnu wrote: »
    I got some dope medicine after hurt my knee yesterday

Skyrim is the perfect game for you.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Building my black friday Switch list and I got to wonder, does Nintendo ever have black friday sales on the eShop?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Building my black friday Switch list and I got to wonder, does Nintendo ever have black friday sales on the eShop?

They did last year - nothing spectacular (I think 50% off was the max) but it definitely had a better selection of actual 1st party titles than they normally have during weekly sales.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I decided this week that I want a new Paper Mario RPG on the Switch. But... PM64/TTYD style, not Sticker Star/Color Splash style. So maybe what I'm saying is that I want a new Mario & Luigi RPG on the Switch?

Also: Night in the Woods.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    maaaaaan how big is the Doom patch? Is it only for multiplayer? Could I have skipped it?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

They did last year - nothing spectacular (I think 50% off was the max) but it definitely had a better selection of actual 1st party titles than they normally have during weekly sales.

That's good to hear. I want to pick up Splatoon 2 and Minecraft and those aren't going on sale anywhere else on Black Friday.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    maaaaaan how big is the Doom patch? Is it only for multiplayer? Could I have skipped it?

It's unskippable and it's not only for multi.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I don't really care they had to cut back on the foliage, because... it's foliage. I don't really care.

But it also seems this particularly version of Skyrim may be relatively bug-free? I haven't heard any serious complaints, anyway.

Unless this can happen then it is a flawed product.

https://youtu.be/sTgUm8VEWiU

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    That's not a flaw that's a feature.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Argh I'm buying Skyrim again aren't I

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    That's not a flaw that's a feature.

I'm guessing that was a bug that cropped up during development that the devs decided was too funny to fix.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Argh I'm buying Skyrim again aren't I

Make Todd Howard a happy boy.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Nah, it's still as buggy as the rest of em, apparently.

Still... as much as I complain about Skyrim re-releases, here I am considering the Switch version. The prospect of just fully laying back in my recliner, playing Skyrim in handheld mode with a Game Grumps playlist playing in the background on my PS4 is rather appealing.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It's funny because I think in this case when reviewers talk about it being bug-free, they mean it doesn't introduce any new and remarkable bugs resulting from being a low powered Switch port. All the classic Skyrim bugs remain, although personally I didn't find them that bad or intrusive most of the time. There are a few quest specific nasty ones that can halt you in your tracks but they are rare and often avoidable with workarounds. Good to keep multiple saves a half hour apart, that sort of thing.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    The worst I've ever experienced with Skyrim are some weird glitches. Not the crashes of New Vegas or the endless loading screens of Fallout 4.

So if Skyrim Switch is as buggy as the Skyrim I'm familiar with, I'm cool with that.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Nah, it's still as buggy as the rest of em, apparently.

Still... as much as I complain about Skyrim re-releases, here I am considering the Switch version. The prospect of just fully laying back in my recliner, playing Skyrim in handheld mode with a Game Grumps playlist playing in the background on my PS4 is rather appealing.

I find it oddly hilarious that you plan on playing your game on a tiny screen, while your (most likely) bigger and better screen is a few feet away being wasted on background noise. Why not dock the Switch and put the background noise on your phone or tablet or something?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Cuz I don't want to crane my neck at a 90 degree angle.

Edit: Also, I never lay back while playing games on the TV. My eyesight is pretty terrible. I can lay back with the Switch though, since I'm holding it close.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The worst I've ever experienced with Skyrim are some weird glitches. Not the crashes of New Vegas or the endless loading screens of Fallout 4.

So if Skyrim Switch is as buggy as the Skyrim I'm familiar with, I'm cool with that.

There are a lot of beneficial bugs that are great. For example falmer helmets can be worn simultaneously with circlets, having two headgear equipped and enchanted at the same time. Or you can buy houses for free by having enough gold to buy them, talking to the guy who sells one, buying it, and quickly exiting dialogue and opening a nearby container to put all your gold inside.

• Options
    My favorite bug/exploit is replenishing a vendor's gold by saving, punching them, then reloading. You will buy all my leather bracers.

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I don't know if I've ever completed Blood on the Ice without using console codes to unstick the quest progression.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Today is Shigeru Miyamoto's 65th birthday. Literally the first video game I ever played was his creation, it could be argued that he is the man who got me into gaming. He may be flawed, but what legendary figure isn't in some way? Happy birthday Miyamoto-san!

260px-200px-Shigeru_Miyamoto_cropped.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Today is Shigeru Miyamoto's 65th birthday. Literally the first video game I ever played was his creation, it could be argued that he is the man who got me into gaming. He may be flawed, but what legendary figure isn't in some way? Happy birthday Miyamoto-san!

1. Many of us could probably say the same thing about the first game we ever played!
    2. What flaws? The man is -- oh, right, Wii Music. We don't talk about Wii Music.
    3. Actually surprised to hear that he's only 65. He's younger than my parents (barely).

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    GMaster7 wrote: »

1. Many of us could probably say the same thing about the first game we ever played!
    2. What flaws? The man is -- oh, right, Wii Music. We don't talk about Wii Music.
    3. Actually surprised to hear that he's only 65. He's younger than my parents (barely).

He can be a bit of a cutthroat in his business practices. He can also be very demanding of his employees, perhaps overly so. Then again, such is the price of greatness.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Hey! He didn't direct Wii Music.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
This discussion has been closed.