As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Unplugged Swap-N-Trade

ExpendableKoboldExpendableKobold New York CityRegistered User new member
After talking with some of the authorities, I'm happy to announce that I'm going to try to organize some sort of "Swap-N-Trade" for tabletop games at PAX Unplugged. I saw that a few people have kicked around the idea of various things to do with some of their old games, and have some hopes of getting some new things. People have mentioned auctions and math trades, but PAX Officials have repeatedly stated that they will not be running any such events this year- but, in the spirit of PAX attendee participation, we were invited to make it happen- And that's what we're going to do!

This thread has 2 purposes: 1) discuss options for the nature/structure of the Swap-N-Trade (probably either a bunch of simple, pre-arranged-swaps or one glorious math trade) and 2) publicly disclose those games which you have available for the Swap-N-Trade.

PLEASE NOTE: IT IS NOT OK TO OFFER GOODS/SERVICES/CURRENCIES OTHER THAN GAMES IN EXCHANGE FOR GAMES POSTED IN THIS THREAD. This is meant to be a "Swap-N-Trade"... not a ... "Buy-N-Purchase." I think there are other websites for that kind of thing. Also, it's worth stating that this is not part of your PAX ticketed experience, so PennyArcade is definitely going to disclaim any and all liabilities in the event that a Swap and/or Trade is unsatisfying etc etc. I'm also not making any promises about your Swaps and/or Trades, and I will also disclaim liabilities etc etc. You participate in this Swap-N-Trade at your own risk and on your honor to be trustworthy so that PAX Unplugged is a positive experience for all participants.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I've only done a math trade once, but it may be the best way to organize a larger number of trades since finding direct swaps could be more difficult.

I'm all for it though.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    I'd definitely be down for a math trade. I've never tried one before because I don't like doing the shipping thing (costs too much for board games), but have a rough idea of how it works.

• Options
    godzilla614godzilla614 Sellersville, PARegistered User new member
    I'm in. I'm looking to unload the following:
    • 10 Days in Afrida (NIS)
    • Attack!
    • BatteLore (1st ed)
    • Battleship Galaxies
    • Panzer General: Allied Assault
    • Zombies!!!

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    I'd totally be in for a PAX Unplugged Math Trade.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    matth06matth06 Registered User regular
    I'm looking to sell about 50 games and was told there will be no auction/used store at this event. I don't want to break any rules. Do we have a forum for this or can I create one if not?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    matth06 wrote: »
    I'm looking to sell about 50 games and was told there will be no auction/used store at this event. I don't want to break any rules. Do we have a forum for this or can I create one if not?
    Selling one's property is not really within the remit of the pax forums. I'm not sure of where one would go to do this.

• Options
    iadenaiadena Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I'll be interested in a Swap N Trade. I have never done a Math Trade but will be down for that too. I have some games I longer play that I hope to get something different to replace. Thank you.

iadena on
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    matth06 wrote: »

There is a Virtual Flea Market for PAX Unplugged happening over on BGG, at https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/230892/item/5706566#item5706566

@zerzhul if this breaks forum rules, please remove. Or bend the rule as needed - this is a legit grassroots flea market for Unplugged.

• Options
    matth06matth06 Registered User regular
    Thank you

• Options
    PucSpifoPucSpifo Registered User regular
    In addition to the flea market there is also a trade happening through Board Game Geek: http://trade.abecorn.com/#/tradesearch and https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27200036

signature.png
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    THERE it is! Finally. Someone started a math trade. Thanks for the link Puc

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Never mind, I'm dumb!

Schmulki on
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Lackey wrote: »

There is a Virtual Flea Market for PAX Unplugged happening over on BGG, at https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/230892/item/5706566#item5706566

Thanks for posting this. Added some stuff to make room for PAX purchases :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    ExpendableKoboldExpendableKobold New York CityRegistered User new member
    Well, I think everyone is using the BoardGameGeek site for this now, but I can't be bothered to register an account there just for that.

I have several Avalon Hill tactics games from the 70s (all WWII themed) that are a little worse for wear but I think still playable- and some of their gaming magazines. I imagine they're great items for hardcore collectors of older games and/or anyone very into tactical/strategic games. However, I don't want to bring any of them along just for fun, so I will ONLY bring any of them if someone contacts me in advance to express their interest.

• Options
    So, for the math trade....I have talked to most of the people I'm supposed to trade with, but there's a couple of people who haven't responded to anything yet. Any thoughts on what to do/how worried I should be?

• Options
    Schmulki wrote: »
    So, for the math trade....I have talked to most of the people I'm supposed to trade with, but there's a couple of people who haven't responded to anything yet. Any thoughts on what to do/how worried I should be?

Have you tried contacting them on both BGG and Abecorn? I noticed a couple of people only contacted me via Abecorn, and others only via BGG.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Yes

• Options
    Schmulki wrote: »
    Yes

=/
    Well, pissfiddles. I've not got much to help you, then. My apologies.

8BFpSWC.png