As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Construction

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    :D
    And we didn't even need to burn your other space dock.
    @Lykouragh

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Warfare @MrBody

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Alrighty, I'm back. The map for the start of the Strategy Phase (before exhausting planets) has been put up.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Politics

Think I'm going first, so here's my move.

Activate Starpoint/New Albion, moving in 2 carriers, 6 fighters, and 3 GF from the home system (leaving 1 GF on each planet). Land 2 GF on Starpoint and 1 on New Albion. Spend 2 TG plus Sarween to construct 2 fighters, 2 GF, and a destroyer on Starpoint. T/F/S->1/4/1

I like how, despite all the exhausted planets, no-one picked Diplomacy.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I think diplomacy is the situation where everybody wants another person to pick it because restoring two planets is usually better than restoring one system's worth

I will hear early bribe offers for the speaker token.

edited November 2017
    Round 5: Start of Action Phase

All players resolve the Against effect of "Anti-Intellectual Revolution", exhausting one planet for each technology they have already researched. Remaining, unexhausted planets include:
    The Embers of Muaat: 7 - 4 = 3: Muaat, Bereg, Lirta IV
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 7 - 7 = 0: (none)
    The Winnu: 5 - 4 = 1: Mecatol Rex
    The Emirates of Hacan: 10 - 7 = 3: Arretze, Quann, Resculon
    The Naalu Collective: 6 - 6 = 0: (none)
    Sardakk N'orr: 8 - 5 = 3: Quinarra, Torkan, Zohbat

The Embers of Muaat: Select the (7) Technology Strategy Card.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    The Winnu: Select the (8) Imperial Strategy Card.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Select the (4) Construction Strategy Card, gaining 2 Trade Goods. (TG 6 --> 8)
    The Naalu Collective: Select the (6) Warfare Strategy Card, gaining 1 Trade Good. (TG 3 --> 4)
    Sardakk N'orr: Select the (3) Politics Strategy Card.

Trade Goods are placed on the unselected Strategy Cards, (2) Diplomacy and (5) Trade.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective: (0) Warfare
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (1) Leadership
    Sardakk N'orr: (3) Politics
    The Emirates of Hacan: (4) Construction
    The Embers of Muaat: (7) Technology
    The Winnu: (8) Imperial

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    I will hear early bribe offers for the speaker token.

Make us the speaker and we won't have to use that law we were given to take your strategy card choice and give you Diplomacy or Imperial.

We kid, we kid. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Maybe.

@discrider Would you be willing to wait until your second turn to play Technology?

Actually I probably should have waited and given Ketar the chance to use his law right?

edited November 2017
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    Actually I probably should have waited and given Ketar the chance to use his law right?

Nah. I picked second, and am fine with what I got.

Also, in the interests of maintained peace with the Muaat I would have at least discussed things during strategy selection to try to work out something mutually agreeable if I was thinking of doing that.

Ketar on
    edited November 2017
    I'm not sure, @Ketar
    I may need to Tech before I move, and I have rather limited time to give the game today & tomorrow. ...That would give you 4 actions potentially before Tech ...

discrider on
    @discrider The issue for me is that I need to play Leadership before you play Tech since I didn't give myself a strat token. Having to play it now gives me much less freedom for shenanigans outside of my established space. If you can wait the one turn I can absolutely guarantee that none of my actions will be used to enter your space or space near Mecatol Rex you may wish to enter.

@Ketar Really I just need to figure out my own turn :P

I might be able to swing that, yeah.

So play leadership in your opener?

Activate Quann. Move in carrier, 1 cruiser, fighter and 1 infantry from Fria.

@jakobagger to respond

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    At this point I have no other response than 'screw you' but you may expect further reactions to this unfounded act of aggression in future.

Fair enough!

@MrBlarney to roll combat. I have Cruiser II affecting the cruiser roll. Invade with the infantry after space combat.

Round 5 - L1z1x movement into Quann

Space Combat Round 1

L1z1x has 1 Cruiser II, 1 Carrier, 1 Fighter (and 1 Infantry).
    Hacan has 1 Carrier.

Geth roll 1d10t6+1d10t9+1d10t9 for L1z1x
    Geth roll 1d10t9 for Hacan

L1z1x:
    1d10t6+1d10t9+1d10t9 2 [1d10t6=8] [1d10t9=3] [1d10t9=10]
    Hacan:
    1d10t9 0 [1d10t9=5]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    L1z1x scores 2 hits, destroying the Hacan carrier. Combat resolves in favor of L1z1x.

1 Infantry is landed on Quann. @Ketar to decide whether to take a second action using Fleet Logistics or not.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Activate Hacan. Move in cruiser and 1 infantry from Abyz. Invade Arretze.

0-3-0

@jakobagger for any response at any point in there.

Jesus, that's right you can make two moves at a time. Well I don't have any clever traps here either, sad to say.

No response

jakobagger wrote: »
    Jesus, that's right you can make two moves at a time. Well I don't have any clever traps here either, sad to say.

No response

Don't worry, your move will involve war suns!

Invade Arretze. Assimilate space dock. Produce 4 infantry for 1 TG with Sarween Tools.

@MrBody

edited November 2017
    Man, assimilation is crazy good. Especially the part where I can't even retake my own space dock, best case scenario it still gets destroyed.

jakobagger on
    So....serious question @jakobagger. If I boot him off of that planet for you, can I have it until end of round for the VP? You could stop me 100% with ceasefire and I won't do it without your consent.

I think the ceasefire actually takes effect automatically?

But either way, I think I can re-take the planets myself, and you're at enough points that I'm not very comfortable with giving you another one without getting a lot in return.

Plus, I very much want to be able to use the system again as soon as possible, so adding another round of waiting time is real unattractive.

Also worth noting that you can't claim public objectives unless you hold your entire set of home planets

Ceasefire is optional AFAIK like all non-throne notes, but technically it does require units to be present and doesn't stop activation of an empty system

I think the ceasefire actually takes effect automatically?

But either way, I think I can re-take the planets myself, and you're at enough points that I'm not very comfortable with giving you another one without getting a lot in return.

Plus, I very much want to be able to use the system again as soon as possible, so adding another round of waiting time is real unattractive.

Okay just trying to help! ;)

Good point about me losing the ability to claim my own objectives, that's an extra hard pass then.

edited November 2017
    Good point about me losing the ability to claim my own objectives, that's an extra hard pass then.

This only applies to public objectives IIRC.
    Secret Objectives can still be claimed, and possibly Imperial points (can't remember).

discrider on
    If I invade peoples' home systems, does that mean they'll go on to hand me agendas too after I vote for myself?

Play Politics. Claim speaker token.

Secondaries to everyone

@jakobagger @Phyphor @Lykouragh @keytar @discrider

MrBody wrote: »
    If I invade peoples' home systems, does that mean they'll go on to hand me agendas too after I vote for myself?

Try it and find out!

Pass

Pass on secondary.

Also, still not keytar, no matter how many times you try it.