As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The totally last minute Pre-PAX Starcrawl!

RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnarRochester, NYRegistered User regular
edited November 2017 in PAX Unplugged
The totally last minute Pre-PAX Starcrawl!
The Starcrawl is the last-minute version of the Pre-PAX bar crawl which you may know as the PAX West’s Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament, PAX East’s Pokecrawl, or PAX South’s A Shot of Ice & Fire. A non-profit Star Wars/ Star Trek themed bar crawl dedicated to raising money for Child's Play Charity.

This crawl is strictly 21+ and will be held in Philly’s Center City area tonight, Thursday Nov 16th!. We’ll start at 8pm and every hour or so after that, we’ll head to a new bar. All the bars will be walking distance to each other. Since I didn’t have time to plan a real crawl this will run a very differently from any previous versions. There’s no registration, no buttons, no swag and a questionable at best theme! It’s really just an excuse to get drunk, meet fellow PAX attendees and make a few friends before the convention itself.

How to Participate
Show up to one of the bars below and say “hi”. We’ll be easily distinguishable by our (mostly) standard issue Starfleet uniforms and general drunken appearance.

Will we still collect money for Child’s Play?
Of course!

What about challenges?
As your Captain, I'll have a collection of mission available to any crew members who wish to form an away team volunteer for them.

Schedule
Bar 1 @ 08:00 – Field House
Bar 2 @ 09:15 – Bar-Ly Chinatown
Bar 3 @ 10:30 – Yakitori Boy
Bar 4 @ 11:45 – Raven Lounge
Note: All bars are tentative, I'll try to keep my twitter update with our current location should any of the bars become full or if the schedule goes off the rails.

Tips & Tricks
Don't Be a Dick: First and foremost, don't do anything that's going to embarrass yourself or anyone else. Especially since alcohol is going to be involved you're going to want to leave your asshole pants at home. Don't get punched in the face.
Know Your Limit: The only person who knows your alcohol tolerance is you. There's nothing worse than an overindulged drunk so don't be that guy. You should probably stop drinking when someone points out to you that you're peeing on a bar stool.
Leave no crew member behind: We arrive as a group and leave as a group. If someone has to be That Guy/Gal who gets so wasted that they think they're actually Chewbacca it's the responsibility of the crawl as a whole to ensure this person makes it safely back to their hotel. Use the buddy system, handcuff yourselves to each other, whatever. No one is to vomit in a bus terminal by themselves. Not on this night, at least.
Eat before you come to the crawl: Drinking on an empty stomach is a sure fire way to end up black out drunk and feeling like death in the morning. Ordering food while on the crawl is a terrible idea since you’ll likely be waiting for food while we head to the next bar.
Drink water: Drinking water as you go is the best way to ensure you have a fun night and an at least OK morning.
Bring cash: Using cash makes the bartenders' lives easier because it's faster than having to run a debit or credit card and this is, after all, a charity bar crawl!

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
Randomfool on

• Options
    AtmanbayAtmanbay Registered User new member
    Thanks for setting this up! I don't see a date anywhere and I'm not familiar with your other pre-Pax barcrawls, is this going to be taking place tonight (Thursday night)?

• Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Atmanbay wrote: »
    Thanks for setting this up! I don't see a date anywhere and I'm not familiar with your other pre-Pax barcrawls, is this going to be taking place tonight (Thursday night)?

I guess that is helpful information but yeah, it's tonight!

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    Oh jeeze I wasn't expecting to need to find my lightsaber for another month!

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Shit! I hope there is still a Halloween store open near me!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Why was this put up so late? Just curious. If it was put up like a week ago I would've thought about it.

Have fun whoever goes!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Why was this put up so late? Just curious. If it was put up like a week ago I would've thought about it.

Have fun whoever goes!

I've been super busy recently and didnt have a chance to even think about PAX until this week. I wasn't planning on doing a crawl but my friends prevailed upon me to throw this together.

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Thank you for putting something together! I will hopefully be joining this Away Team at some point tonight

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    RandomFool- what's your Twitter?

• Options

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    ItaraItara Registered User regular
    Yakitori boy is having karaoke, will you be going to that side or the dining side? I'm trying to meet you there.

• Options
    Itara wrote: »
    Yakitori boy is having karaoke, will you be going to that side or the dining side? I'm trying to meet you there.

Karaoke all the way.

B4o6XD4.png