As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Three [Movies] Outside Your Local Theater

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I was really hoping the twist for that movie would be Rock turning into the giant lizard but ah well.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    He's good in the right roles. He just doesn't always pick those. In fact, he's usually more wrong than right.

At least we'll always have Pain & Gain and Moana.

Oh and he was really good in Be Cool. From what I remember, seeing as it's been like a decade since I saw it.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Three Billboards is excellent

Definitely the funniest movie I’ve seen all year, with so much character and heart, it is the best capturing of what I love about Martin McDonagh (which is that he’s Elmore Leonard as fuck)

It is such an embarassment of character actor riches and then Clarke fucking Peters shows up halfway through

I like In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths a good deal and I like this the most of all of them, one of my favorites of the year, easy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Justice League is a weird beast.

There’s a lot in it that is unearned. It honestly feels like we shifted timelines from the broodfest of Man of Steel and BvS and they’re trying to say “if’s Been this way all along!” It’s kind of a dramatic tonal shift, and diesn’t Really feel like it meshes well with Wonder Woman either. Everybody’s acting is fine I guess?

I didn’t loathe it. It’s not offensive, and I liked parts of it, but it’s about as discombobulated as you might expect from a film with the kind of production it had.

I do like the Flash kid, though, I thought he was cute.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    ps hey all you people that love The Babysitter

Samara Weaving has a small role in Three Billboards and she very nearly steals scenes despite sharing them with Frances McDormand, John Hawkes, and Peter Dinklage

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I had no idea Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri was from the director of In Bruges. That is suddenly the movie I most want to see.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Ok but is Pikachu going to be played by Danny Devito or Danny Devito

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    So do I pay attention to metacritic now that RT is shit?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    well sounds like the thing that has me curious enough to check out justice league is henry cavill's weird CGI lip

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    well sounds like the thing that has me curious enough to check out justice league is henry cavill's weird CGI lip
    I didn’t really notice it, although I wasn’t exactly looking for it.

I will say a lot of the CGI ain’t look so great.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I noticed it way too much. Like, it's not obvious straight away, but he has this constant unsettling look about him.

Even my partner who didn't even know about it kept commenting about his weird face whenever he talked or smiled.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I recently watched Baby Driver. Thought it was pretty good, though its my least favourite Edgar Wright film (that is a ridiculously high bar, though). Loved the editing, especially the sound in the gun fights. Jamie Fox basically owned the whole film, and
    Kevin Spacey's sudden altruistic sacrifice was weirdly out of left field.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Why did they cgi his lip?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    So I kinda absolutely loved justice league.
    It's fucking nuts and is unhinged from reality and it's amazing.
    Diana: so there was an invasion from a extra dimensional god world killer.
    Batman: ok
    Diana: so the Amazon's teamed up with the warriors of Atlantis...
    Batman: wait Atlantis is real
    Diana: /ignoring him. and the tribes of men to fight him. Also green lantern was there.
    Batman: green who
    Diana: oh and then the gods came down and shot freaking lightning st him and then we stole 3 mother boxes and hid them
    Batman: what the fuck are you even saying

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

during reshoots, he had a moustache for his role in the new mission impossible movie which he couldn't shave off

so they CGI'd over it

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Why didn't they just use a fake moustache like the main dude in the train murder movie?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    wandering wrote: »
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Ok but is Pikachu going to be played by Danny Devito or Danny Devito

Wasn’t it rumored the Japanese version will be Norio Wakamoto?

I’ll buy 12 tickets then.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Why didn't they just use a fake moustache like the main dude in the train murder movie?

Because for some reason "real moustache" was part of his contract with MI:Moustache and there was no expectation of the extensive volume of reshoots on JL.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If you do reshoots, that are not scheduled in and need to pull out actors out of other productions you do not get to mess around with what they look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRpsf9VhrvA

This scene here is a reshoot, Hugh Jackman was halfway through shooting Van Helsing, and had long hair, he was not allowed to cut it, so if you look at his wig, it's about half an inch higher than it should be and it looks kinda weird.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Diana: /ignoring him. and the tribes of men to fight him. Also green lantern was there.
    Diana: oh and then the gods came down and shot freaking lightning st him and then we stole 3 mother boxes and hid them

Good god what
    the Green Lanterns are in this too?

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Good god what
    During a flashback scene/explanation a few alien lanterns are helping defeat Steppenwolf the first time he tried to conquer Earth

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Turambar wrote: »

during reshoots, he had a moustache for his role in the new mission impossible movie which he couldn't shave off

so they CGI'd over it

I think I was too busy looking at his teeth in that scene.

His teeth looked kind of bizarrely f’d up.

Edit: that should probably be spoilered I guess?

sarukun on
  • Options
    Feriluce wrote: »

Good god what
    During a flashback scene/explanation a few alien lanterns are helping defeat Steppenwolf the first time he tried to conquer Earth

Yes, for like half a second.
    A bit of a deal is made of one of them looking a lot like Kilowogg dying and the ring slipping off his finger and flying off toprobably find another bearer, but it’s over in like 4 seconds.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    That actually sounds awesome. There's no way it's as cool as it should be.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Has anybody seen this two part video essay on the ethics of digital de-aging? I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing, but it's an interesting watch.

https://youtu.be/zIjvinSP2NU
    https://youtu.be/vWtUdirdg9c

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    That actually sounds awesome. There's no way it's as cool as it should be.

I liked it. It’s a nice splash of color in an otherwise pretty drab scene, anyway.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I've determined that I will see Three Billboards despite getting a ~3 second brain-cringe every time I think of the dentist drill scene hinted in the TV spot I saw. In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths are too good not to, even if it didn't have awesome people like Frances McDormand in it.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Also Aquaman is great and there's a lot of awesome moments between all the characters.
    There's an Arthur/Diana moment that is fantastic

• Options
    I'm looking forward to Aquaman's solo movie

• Options
    Aquaman stuff
    He was actually far less interesting in Justice League than I expected him to be from the trailers.

Like, he was one of the better parts of the movie, for sure. But I actually found Barry more interesting than Arthur overall.

• Options
    Ezra Miller is just such a weirdbeard and I don't think I like him that much

• Options
    Also I'm hearing JL actually is decent with regards to Superman? Like he's actually being heroic and saving people and junk
    What a bold choice

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Sounds like there's an Incredibles 2 announcement tomorrow? Probably not a trailer surely?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I don't find that very believable, personally.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Also I'm hearing JL actually is decent with regards to Superman? Like he's actually being heroic and saving people and junk
    What a bold choice
    It's incredibly brief even though they project it constantly throughout the first two acts, but it's actually a nice little bit with Clark and Barry yeah

Veldrin on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    What a bold choice

Folding Ideas guy thinks that's pretty much all Whedon's doing

https://youtu.be/paZtuMz75xc

This discussion has been closed.