As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Celebrate the holidays with [TV] friends!

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    sorry guys, i should have added better context to my tweet

clooney's producing and starring in a tv adaptation of catch-22. he's playing colonel cathcart, the hateful nemesis to yossarian who keeps raising the number of combat missions the men need to fly

edit: also interesting: david michod is slated as a writer. i liked war machine and i think he can handle the tone - veering wildly between farce and true horror

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    thanksgiving episodes are the best Friends episodes, don't @ me

While they are collectively the best episodes of the series, the best episode of the series is The One with the Embryos.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

While they are collectively the best episodes of the series, the best episode of the series is The One with the Embryos.

actually it's Miss Chenandler Bong

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

He's a transponds...transpondster!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

He's a transponds...transpondster!

THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    television

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMI3-Xg9BM0
    Rolling Stone made a short documentary on the best late-night show on television right now, The Chris Gethard Show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2017
    the other very good friends episode is "the one where nobody's ready" because it contains the comedic high point of the 21st century

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    there were actually many very good episodes of friends

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    the other very good friends episode is "the one where nobody's ready" because it contains the comedic high point of the 21st century
    That is from the 90s!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I definitely agree that this is probably the funniest thing in Friends

but personally I've always laughed harder at the time there's a surprise party and ross walks in with a cake

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That is from the 90s!

you know, you're right, and I suspected that, but imdb lied to me???

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Gustav wrote: »
    wait how much do dustin's parents hate him

how many times have they canonically tried to murder him

this is important for an urkel

More of an Urkel in theme not literal adaptation.

Fan favorite that starts to become a cartoon and threatens to sink the show.

Urkel elevates Family Matters.

Family matters without Steve is terrible. Coming from Perfect Strangers you expect Harriet to be a stern but wacky Matriarch and Carl to be more like a competent Homer Simpson but they were drained of most of their PS personalities and it was just this unfunny mess.

Steve gave everyone a chance to act wacky or react to his wackiness.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Rolling Stone made a short documentary on the best late-night show on television right now, The Chris Gethard Show

I finally watched the Dumpster Episode this week and that was something

Are there any other particularly great ones I should check out?

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cracked has a new podcast and they just discussed the best friends episode.

Its the one where everyone finds out about Monica and Chandler.

I can't disagree. It's pure distilled friends

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

I finally watched the Dumpster Episode this week and that was something

Are there any other particularly great ones I should check out?

Honestly I think anything from the most recent three seasons is pretty worthwhile. The public access archives get a bit hit or miss once you go back far enough, but I've loved pretty much all the recent stuff.

• Options
    Oh hi Young Kristen Bell what are you doing in Deadwood

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hi Young Kristen Bell what are you doing in Deadwood

oh dear.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Good Place S2 E5
    I'm glad Michael was still able to trick Eleanor and Chidi (albeit briefly). The season 1 finale reveal was magnificent, but him getting constantly foiled in 2 weeks on average and getting blackmailed, while an interesting direction, nonetheless made him less intimidating.

I saw the preview image for the next episode and I'm very excited.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Know what a bad song is to get stuck in your head and singing to yourself around a bunch of people who don't watch Bojack?

Brap brap pew pew

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Fffff

Catch-22 is one of my favourite books. I hope this miniseries is decent.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Oh hi Kristen Bell that's what you are doing on Deadwood
    GOOD GOD THAT WAS ROUGH

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Deadwood Character Power Rankings as of Season One Episode 9: By Blank
    1) Doc
    2) Swearengen
    3) Charlie
    4) Jane
    5) Sol

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    i am about to give the punisher tv show a chance

please, please let it have just been poorly advertised

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

By most accounts I've seen: nope!

Sorry, duder, I wish there Could have at least been a jet ski

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The Punisher show is already out? I had no idea. Damn.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Deadwood Character Power Rankings as of Season One Episode 9: By Blank
    1) Doc
    2) Swearengen
    3) Charlie
    4) Jane
    5) Sol

Yeah this is pretty much accurate

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

I think it vacillates between alright and real stupid and that it probably peaks with
    Tom Waits Murder Rampage

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

I think it vacillates between alright and real stupid and that it probably peaks with
    Tom Waits Murder Rampage
    Wait
    Starring or soundtracking?

• Options
    I really should have specified and express great sorrow for possibly misleading anyone so cruelly, it's just the soundtrack

Featured below

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    okay that punisher pilot had two moments that made me smile:

frank frowning like the saddest man in the world as someone stomps on his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and micro having a magical computer program that can identify people by how they walk

for the most part, it's boring - especially whenever frank isn't isn't on screen - but really beautifully shot. it is a visual treat at times.

the violence is definitely glorified in some scenes, but it is still uncomfortable to watch. the show hasn't started condemning frank at this point (which ideally it will do, but i dunno)

really if jon berenthal wasn't just so fascinating to watch, this show would be as bad as iron fist. somehow he elevates it. and i can't quite put my finger on how. the plot is dumb as hell.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited November 2017
    If Jon Berenthal wasn't in it i wouldn't have watched a second of it, he's fuckin great

Know who else is great? Clancy Brown but he's only in the dang show for like a minute! I know you got Clancy Brown money Netflix, keep Clancy Brown around!

Take me downtown with Clancy Brown!

Hobnail on

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Everyone go watch I Love You More on Amazon Prime with Bridget Everett Easily one of the most amazing pilots I've ever seen in my entire life.

I am literally begging you. I need this as a recurring series.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    7 episodes into Punisher and boy this subplot with the support group got a bit heavier than I expected.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just started watching star trek continues and I'm liking it a lot actually?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Straight up bawled a couple times watching the new Crazy Ex

Show has been on such a roll the past few weeks

Addendum: this episode convinced me it's time to go back to therapy

It's been a couple years and I've been mostly great, or at least way better than any other time in my life, but looking back at some of my behavior and thoughts over the past couple months, I think it's time
    I think I'm specifically going to seek out someone who will give me a diagnosis. I once asked my previous therapist for one, but she doesn't believe in them, thinks they do more harm than good. I disagreed, but let it go

Jimothy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm now up to date on The Good Place
    Derek was funny, but also literally just his Adrian Pimento character from B99. Can't wait to see how Shawn showing up factors into things.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The best thing about The Punisher show is that it's not even close to being about what I think everyone assumed. The plot is as cheesecake as you can imagine; it's based on a comic book series, after all, but it really talks about some shit we need to talk about as a society and I hope to fuck the fact it was in a show about a comic book character doesn't detract from the importance of the subject.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Thanksgiving, I watched the newest episode of Gotham.
    The usage of cannibalism in this show is a lot more prevalent than it probably should be.

But now I think that somehow Sofia Falcone and Pyg are in cahoots. The episode just felt a little... off.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm now up to date on The Good Place
    Derek was funny, but also literally just his Adrian Pimento character from B99. Can't wait to see how Shawn showing up factors into things.
    I think he was WAY crazier than Pimento

Pimento was paranoid and liked to do coke

Derek introduced himself to plants and had a limited grasp on existence

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.