As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Investigators Needed: Call of Cthulhu @ PAX Unplugged

a_clever_witticisma_clever_witticism Registered User regular
azapjvqp3qfh.jpg
Looking for More: Call Of Cthulhu RPG (1920's)
Saturday, the 18th (11:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Sunday, the 19th (11:00 AM - 2:00 PM)

Hey folks!

I'll be running two separate sessions of Call of Cthulhu at PAX Unplugged and wanted to get the word out early. Each game is a one-shot scenario, designed to be finished in 3 hours. I'll have plenty of pre-generated investigators, dice, and everything else necessary to play - all you have to do is show up! Each of these two sessions are their own complete storylines, so you can choose to attend one or the other, or both!
No experience required. Those who are new to Call of Cthulhu (or RPGs in general) are welcome to join.

We have room enough for 5 investigators at each sessions, but there's already some people interested, so if you want a spot at the table, let me know!

• Options
    davethebabedavethebabe Registered User regular
    Count me in for Saturday! I might have 2-3 more people interested, I'll have them reach out to you if they are. I've been dying to play call of Cthulhu...or even just a rpg in general :)

• Options
    Mercyd1403Mercyd1403 Registered User regular
    I've wanted to play this for so long. I'm game Saturday or Sunday, wherever you have a spot.

• Options
    Mercyd1403 wrote: »
    I've wanted to play this for so long. I'm game Saturday or Sunday, wherever you have a spot.

Awesome!
    I'll reserve a spot for you at the Saturday session.

• Options
    nolnacsnolnacs Registered User new member
    I'd like to play Sunday if you have an opening.

• Options
    jbkjbk Registered User regular
    I've wanted to play this game for years. In for either day.

• Options
    Mercyd1403 wrote: »

Awesome!
    I'll reserve a spot for you at the Saturday session.

Thanks a lot I can't wait!

• Options
    craeoscraeos Registered User new member
    edited November 2017
    7 year CoC veteran here. Haven't dabbled in the mythos since our Keeper got married. Sign me up for Sunday Saturday (sorry, but I'm not missing the C Team live).

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

P.S. Do you run d20 or Chaosium?

craeos on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    craeos wrote: »
    7 year CoC veteran here. Haven't dabbled in the mythos since our Keeper got married. Sign me up for Sunday.

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

P.S. Do you run d20 or Chaosium?

Woot! Glad to have you aboard.
    This event will be Chaosium's (Basic Roleplaying) 6th Edition. I haven't bothered with making the jump to 7th Ed., but maybe the folks at the Chaosium booth will talk me into it. Hahah

So here's who I've got down so far:
    Saturday: @davethebabe, @Mercyd1403, @jbk, @craeos, (1 Slot Reserved)
    Sunday: @nolnacs, (3 Slots Open), (1 Slot Reserved)

a_clever_witticism on
  • Options
    craeos wrote: »
    Sign me up for Sunday Saturday (sorry, but I'm not missing the C Team live).

No worries, dude -- I've moved you to Saturday's session.

To anyone else who wants to play on Saturday, note that I have 1 spot reserved for a buddy as of right now, but it could open up! I'll gladly keep a list of folks who I could contact if anyone cancels.
    Still plenty of room at Sunday's session.

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    If the Saturday slot opens up I would be interested but in the same situation as craeos not missing the c team live game

• Options
    HGBlobHGBlob Registered User new member
    I would like to get in on the Sunday session if there is still room. Thanks.

• Options
    If the Saturday slot opens up I would be interested but in the same situation as craeos not missing the c team live game

Okay -- you're top of the waiting list. I'll let you know for sure by next weekend whether the slot is open. (My buddy is on the fence about attending Saturday, so your odds are good)
    HGBlob wrote: »

Still plenty of room for Sunday. You're in!

• Options
    HGBlob wrote: »

Still plenty of room for Sunday. You're in!

Thank you.

• Options
    @nevermore13 -- The Saturday slot opened up. You've got a spot at the table!

Saturday (FULL): @davethebabe, @Mercyd1403, @jbk, @craeos, @nevermore13
    Sunday: @nolnacs, @HGBlob, (2 Slots Open), (1 Slot Reserved)

I imagine we might get another one or two walk-ons for Sunday's game, but even if we don't, 2 or 3 investigators is still plenty.

If I have any news / updates regarding the game, I'll post them here. See you all next weekend!

• Options
    davethebabedavethebabe Registered User regular
    As of now, this is what I'm looking forward to the most! Can't wait!

• Options
    wHavelinwHavelin Registered User new member
    I'd like to play on sunday, if there is still room.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    wHavelin wrote: »
    I'd like to play on sunday, if there is still room.

Yep - there's still one spot. Welcome aboard!
    And with that, we're full up, folks!

As I mentioned before, I'll have all the materials we need - but if you'd like to bring your own dice, Call of Cthulhu uses a full set of polyhedrals (d4, d6, d8, d10(x2), d12, d20).

The plan is to meet in the RPG area. I'll have a nice big sign that says "Call of Cthulhu - 6th Ed" at the table as well.

a_clever_witticism on
  • Options
    @a_clever_witticism thanks for putting this together I was hoping to get a chance to play a longer form RPG in a setting like this!

• Options
    Unless guidebook is steering me wrong there are 3 rpg areas which should we meet at?

• Options
    Unless guidebook is steering me wrong there are 3 rpg areas which should we meet at?

Yup -- they have them separated to keep the volume level manageable, I think. They're all in the same hallway -- look for signs for Dragon Theater and Dire Rat Theater. I'll look to set up a table at any of the 3 rooms, in this order:
    ajznl26cj7v3.jpg

I'll post up my sign at said table:
    8ia59iei3dwn.jpg

If any of you need to contact me tomorrow the best method is probably via facebook.

• Options
    Today's session is in room 2 (see above), table 4. See yall in a bit!!!

• Options
    Sunday Team: @nolnacs, @HGBlob, @wHavelin

We're in room two, table 3. First one when you walk in. Can't miss it.

Hope to see you all soon!

• Options
    This was fun. Thank you for running this.

• Options
    EdwardFEdwardF Registered User new member
    My thanks to a_clever_witticism for running this game, TWICE!

Glad your voice held up, and it was a treat to see the genuine terror on everyone's faces, as things quickly fell apart.

As they will.

• Options
    Thanks again for a fantastic game. A bomb to the face while being strangled by a giant monster from another dimension will be a fond memory.