As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Would you eat pizza you found on the sidewalk

13»

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There is no ask a rat option
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXUG8q4jKU

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    nah
    jjheetomz95e.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    nah
    That is why I could never work retail or a restaurant in a million years.

I could never just throw out perfectly good food that just didn't sell. It's such an inhumane waste. It goes against every moral fiber I have.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I believe there are legal reasons why you shouldn’t let people eat food out of your trash. Liability etc.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    nah
    Xehalus wrote: »
    that is drunk pizza

wait, as in
    pizza go home you're drunk?

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    nah
    Tube wrote: »
    I believe there are legal reasons why you shouldn’t let people eat food out of your trash. Liability etc.

Yeah true, but if it's just say, donuts that didn't sell that day why throw them away at all just because they'll be stale tomorrow? Or the last batch of fries at a fast food place?

I can't even deal with the thought of not immediately bagging that shit up and taking it straight to the homeless shelter downtown.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Honestly my main hesitation is that it's someone else's and I wouldn't want to steal in case they came back for it.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

The real problem is this is just an urban myth and in the entire US there are laws protecting the businesses and would allow them to donate all the expired/trash food.

But most don't, because of this exact belief.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

The real problem is this is just an urban myth and in the entire US there are laws protecting the businesses and would allow them to donate all the expired/trash food.

That’s good to know, thanks!

• Options
    edited November 2017

That’s good to know, thanks!

Here's a source too
    info.nhpr.org/why-cant-restaurants-donate-unpurchased-food-those-need

edit: and a guide to the law itself
    media.law.uark.edu/arklawnotes/2013/08/08/the-legal-guide-to-the-bill-emerson-good-samaritan-food-donation-act/

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    nah
    Even if there was something against food, it doesn't explain the colossal waste of product in general. I know there's business who make it a thing to actively destroy whatever non-food product they put into their dumpsters, whether it's still good or not.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    nah
    A pizza? Potentially

THAT pizza? Not unless I was super hungry and there were a lack of other options

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Even if there was something against food, it doesn't explain the colossal waste of product in general. I know there's business who make it a thing to actively destroy whatever non-food product they put into their dumpsters, whether it's still good or not.

Ya it all comes back around to that whole myth and liability worry, what's funny is you can convince a lot of businesses ( depending how chain/corporation they are tho) to go the donation way because it saves them money to boot.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    nah
    Garthor wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I scavenged stranger's leftovers in college fairly regularly for a bit there. That's like, a half eaten thing of fries in the student union, not pizza on the sidewalk, but it's close.

Oh also I once found a Dasani water bottle full of red liquid and I drank the whole thing.

That was alien juice

Like, are we talking about juice made BY an alien, juice made FROM an alien, or juice that turns you INTO an alien?

All of those!

• Options
    man it turns out you can get an absolute ton of food at McDonald's for ten pounds. I bought two hot chocolates, a double cheeseburger, a large fries and a cookie for 8.50 and that's only because I forgot to buy an apple pie too

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    maybe a slice
    I wish I could say no, but I have been known to have really poor judgment when it comes to eating found food and also have a problem with eating things as a challenge when I'm drinking. Notably, after being gone all weekend in college, I came back and found a completely uneaten quesadilla on the kitchen counter and I can no longer recall my line of thinking that it was ok to eat this quesadilla but I did it. That night around 4am I got violently sick in a manner I've not repeated in the 13 years since. It had been sitting out on the counter all weekend, according to my roommates. So yeah, odds are nonzero I'd eat that pizza.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    man it turns out you can get an absolute ton of food at McDonald's for ten pounds. I bought two hot chocolates, a double cheeseburger, a large fries and a cookie for 8.50 and that's only because I forgot to buy an apple pie too

this post is not applicable for this thread unless you throw that all on the ground and then eat it

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    maybe a slice
    I scavenged stranger's leftovers in college fairly regularly for a bit there. That's like, a half eaten thing of fries in the student union, not pizza on the sidewalk, but it's close.

Oh also I once found a Dasani water bottle full of red liquid and I drank the whole thing.

That was alien juice

Like, are we talking about juice made BY an alien, juice made FROM an alien, or juice that turns you INTO an alien?

Or is it just some boring-ass branding, like the Monster energy drink fiasco?
    Cylinder-3.jpg

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    nah
    My plan for dinner is a Digiorno pizza that I bought just because it has cheese in the crust. I say no to sidewalk pizza, but I acknowledge that I am in no position to judge.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    yeah
    Guys, I've eaten pizza out of a goddamn bin because it was left over from some other kids' pizza party lunch.

Yeah, I would eat sidewalk pizza if it looked clean and removed from the ground by its box.
    And no ants.
    Or perhaps I pick the ants off?
    Have to only be a few ants tho.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I, on the other hand, would eat bugs but not sidewalk pizza

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    maybe a slice
    What about sidewalk bugs?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    End wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    that is drunk pizza

wait, as in
    pizza go home you're drunk?

I have told the tale of my brother and his friend to drunk to realize they ordered a pizza and someone reaching their breaking point

• Options
    Ya as a delivery driver the number of times I've had a drunk person's first reaction be " I ordered food?" is way too many

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    nah
    What about sidewalk bugs?

With them you know what you're getting into
    But a sidewalk pizza? There could be bugs in it!

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    nah
    Madican wrote: »
    It's open and I don't know how long it's been there, what's landed on it, or when it was made.

NOPE.

Not to mention it's from Little Caesars!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    yeah
    My friends and I would always hang back after Phillies and Sixers games and then walk the stands and pick up the "floor food." Fries, popcorn, uneaten chicken fingers and such. People are really wasteful and it was a good way to make up for the fact that we spent money we needed for food on sports tickets.

Edit: also yes I've eaten streetza and suffered no consequences. You gotta take what little gifts life gives you.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    nah
    H12O01Bh.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    yeah
    How many times is that now?

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular

There's a whole student club that does that very thing where I went to uni. Here's a news article about it.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    maybe a slice
    I'd probs have a slice but I have never pretended that I'm not a piece of shit

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    nah
    The awesome “fuck it, eat errthang” weekend I had has put me in real danger of going off my diet.

It’s all psychological, but Gat Damn, I just wanna eat like who gives a fuck today.