As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who's the best character in [Justice League]?

StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice,To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
edited November 2017 in Social Entropy++
This movie is out. Let's talk about it.

Straightzi on

Who's the best character in [Justice League]? 84 votes

Superman
9%
Macro9Garlic BreadbowenDJ EebsMeldingGrey GhostmanwiththemachinegunGustav 8 votes
Batman
3%
ZonugalRT800Mr Fuzzbutt 3 votes
Wonder Woman
33%
ButlerASimPersonAtheraalMegaMan001Dex DynamoWearingglassessarukunwebguy20OlivawSharpyVIISimBentheSquidRainfallshergakHeltneLuvTheMonkeyPlatyDamnItCohaagenNewblarSenorTacos 28 votes
The Flash
17%
PsychoLarry1EmperorSethNo Great NameBloods EndNeoTomarhylithStraightziSpazMuffinAndy JoeFig-DRorshach KringleBethalizHyperBalladDark Raven XPiotyr 15 votes
Cyborg
4%
existMedium DaveLordSolarMachariusTheodore Floosevelt 4 votes
Aquaman
11%
MulysaSemproniusThat Dave FellaDaebunzSweeney TomdemonfalldownZombie HeroAnzekayBlankZoeSnicketysnickGvzbgul 10 votes
Steppenwolf
19%
LegacyAtari SoulBroloMaddocPinfeldorfCristovalElaroRadiusStationaryI needed anime to post.XehalusLost SalientDeliciousTacosmilskiInvectivusRandy Butternubbs 16 votes

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Flash
    I saw this today. I liked it more than I expected.

Wonder Woman, Superman, The Flash, and Cyborg were all pretty great.

Aquaman sucked.

Steppenwolf was essentially a non-entity, but a better non-entity than most superhero movies can manage.

Batman was the absolute fucking worst thing in the world.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    I watched this on Thursday and I already forgot two thirds of it

I'm sorry! But I agree that Batman was just the worst part of the movie

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Bruce's little strongman waddle whenever he's in the suit is just the most hilarious thing

• Options
    Wonder Woman
    The worst Batman scene to me was the one where he is gunning down Parademons with his space gun

It was so undynamic and out of character

• Options
    Batman took every opportunity possible to use a gun in this movie.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Wonder Woman
    It's not only the fact that he uses a gun, but also that he stands out in the open

Isn't Batman supposed to be stealthy

I also don't know why they dedicated so much screen time to a sequence in which Affleck moves so little, in the middle of this huge action set piece

Platy on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Cyborg
    Little here was actively bad, but (outside of one or two jokes that landed for me) nothing was really exciting or interesting either. The movie just shifts back and forth between pleasant and almost-boring. Would probably be a good movie to fall asleep to.

I guess Flash and Wonder Woman were handled well, and Cyborg was a lot better than I was expecting. Batman a bit too jokey, and Superman... I guess none of the characters really had anything to do? Which hurts what you can say about them. Aquaman was a good presence (and I'm still very much looking forward to the Aquaman movie) but his scene with Mera was one of the few things that was bad.

Also poor was the way they re-introduce Superman. It's just extremely ham-fisted and terribly devoid of drama. The movie seems to think we'll be engrossed by the question of if Flash will be able to run fast and touch the thing when... was it ever in doubt? Is there going to be a single person who'll watch this and not assume it a foregone conclusion? And Flash joking about how weird and creepy the whole plan is doesn't make it not weird and creepy.

A whole bunch of "it's fine" in service of an uninteresting story. A shame too, because if you gave all these people something to actually do I think they could step up.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Larlar.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Batman
    I haven't seen the movie, but I voted in general.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Aquaman
    I thought this was fine but mostly boring.

Aquaman and Flash were fun while also nothing like their comics selves.

Wonder Woman was disappointingly uninteresting. Batman was actively boring and by far the worst part of the movie that isn't named Steppenwolf.

Superman was really good but isn't in it much.

Looked garish as hell, had some real bad pacing and most of the jokes were C+ at best but the action was fun and I didn't absolutely hate it.

Oh, Cyborg was surprisingly good. Like his CG was terrible but Ray Fisher put in a good performance and the character was probably the most fully formed of the team.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Steppenwolf
    I voted Steppenwolf but only because I thought it was a joke option

(I haven't seen the movie)

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Aquaman
    Steppenwolf is the most bland, forgettable generic world conquering villain I've seen in a comic flick and that's before you factor in that he's 100% CG and not well done CG either

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Cyborg
    I was hopeful when Steppenwolf didn't dance around calling them Motherboxes* that we'd get some crazy Jack Kirby-Fourth World language being thrown around. Sadly, he mostly talks in generic bad-guyisms. No "I am the Tiger-Force at the core of all things" or such.

*Like, the way Cyborg's dad had a different name for one, in a way that I'd expect to be carried throughout the movie. But once a character hears them called a Motherbox they just revert to that being the right thing to say.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Aquaman
    Easily the funniest moment of the movie, and the only time I actually laughed out loud
    was when Flash saved the family in the push up truck and looked all proud and then Superman flies by carrying an entire apartment building

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Flash
    I found Flash pretty consistently funny, honestly

• Options
    Aquaman
    I didn't hate him, but I think they were trying way too hard with him

Like his dialogue was roughly 90% jokes and quips

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Aquaman
    Also his run looked so stupid

Like I get they're going for him not being experienced and a goober but holy crap he might as well have been doing the Naruto run

The actual super speed effects looked good though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Did they keep Wonder Woman's theme in this film?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    Probably my favorite scene was
    Flash running to join in the fight against Superman and going bug-eyed when he saw Superman turning to him, tracking his movement.

Close second was Wonder Woman blocking all those bullets. I didn't think she can normally do something like that, but eh.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    The Flash
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I didn't hate him, but I think they were trying way too hard with him

Like his dialogue was roughly 90% jokes and quips

This was me with Aquaman

Edit: I also think Jason Momoa is a bad actor, which may factor into this

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Cyborg
    affleck shoulda got pasted halfway through and just replaced by jeremy irons

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Flash running to join in the fight against Superman and going bug-eyed when he saw Superman turning to him, tracking his movement.

Close second was Wonder Woman blocking all those bullets. I didn't think she can normally do something like that, but eh.

Question:
    Can bullets actually hurt WW?

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Also his run looked so stupid

Like I get they're going for him not being experienced and a goober but holy crap he might as well have been doing the Naruto run

The actual super speed effects looked good though

My wife made this exact same comparison immediately after they showed it.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Superman
    okay so this was 80% shit and 20% REALLY FUN
    I'm not sure what to think. I've never had a movie with that ratio before

this Superman is good! what the hell!

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Question:

depends
    if the writer keeps her sometimes weakness of "piercing weapons" and if the writer thinks bullets count for that

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    Flash’s running in a lot of this movie looks perfectly fine and then in some scenes it looks completely insane and terrible.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    Flash's run looks perfectly natural:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJMqDsurJQ8

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    The Flash
    Look. Flash I liked. But really? Just paste all the WW scenes together please. She’s the only one who matters.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    BPKickBPKick Registered User regular
    Yeah, this was okay. I certainly didn't hate it.
    I also didn't roll my eyes once, which the same can't be said of Batman vs Superman.

So overall, I'm calling it a win.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Aquaman
    Count me into the "fine" camp. Some really actually good bits in there though which is nice. Very surprised by how much I enjoyed Cyborg, though
    the fact that he's basically a plot machine is a shame, but I suppose unavoidable with the origin and story.
    As mentioned earlier, Superman is actually Superman, (he even uses freeze breath what the hell??) that block of a whole AR magazine by Wonder Woman was fantastic and Flash is pretty decent.

Big plus points for not just killing all the Amazons

Bad points for Batman still being Gunman.

Aquaman had a decent intro I think, will be checking out his solo outing for sure as I think there's a solid foundation to go somewhere.

As for the credits scenes
    can't believe that Barry didn't stipulate a foot race.

Deathstroke eh? Bar has been set quite well by Arrowverse so that's going to be tough

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Count me into the "fine" camp. Some really actually good bits in there though which is nice. Very surprised by how much I enjoyed Cyborg, though
    the fact that he's basically a plot machine is a shame, but I suppose unavoidable with the origin and story.
    As mentioned earlier, Superman is actually Superman, (he even uses freeze breath what the hell??) that block of a whole AR magazine by Wonder Woman was fantastic and Flash is pretty decent.

Big plus points for not just killing all the Amazons

Bad points for Batman still being Gunman.

Aquaman had a decent intro I think, will be checking out his solo outing for sure as I think there's a solid foundation to go somewhere.

As for the credits scenes
    can't believe that Barry didn't stipulate a foot race.

Deathstroke eh? Bar has been set quite well by Arrowverse so that's going to be tough

Credits scene
    Crap, that means he's got to die on Arrow, right? Can't have two different Deathstrokes wandering around being all confusing to the viewers.

• Options
    Cyborg
    During the flashback to the first time Steppenwolf tried to invade...
    ... does anyone know who the one woman with the bow and the lava arm was supposed to be? The guy chucking thunderbolts was obviously Zeus, but for her I was thinking maybe more like a Polynesian goddess like Pele?

(In the Simone run on Wonder Woman, when the Olympians had left Diana turned to Kāne for help. But I don't know if the rest of the Hawaiian pantheon has been used before and that character had a pretty distinct look.)

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Aquaman
    I assumed
    Athena, keeping it greek

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Aquaman
    Add me to the "fine" camp, better than BvS and SS which is all I could have hoped for.

Has anybody heard the soundtrack yet? Was interested in it since I heard Junkie XL would be involved, I loved his Fury Road work

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Steppenwolf
    Joolander wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »

Question:

depends
    if the writer keeps her sometimes weakness of "piercing weapons" and if the writer thinks bullets count for that

i mean we all have that weakness

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Cyborg
    Add me to the "fine" camp, better than BvS and SS which is all I could have hoped for.

Has anybody heard the soundtrack yet? Was interested in it since I heard Junkie XL would be involved, I loved his Fury Road work

during the movie I was pretty underwhelmed, it was very "Danny elfman being Danny elfman"

I don't know the actual division of labor/credit but i wouldn't be surprised if the entirety of junkie's stuff was like, the inclusion of the Wonder Woman theme, etc

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Superman
    Yeah it's just random orchestral noodling for most of it
    Just looking at the Spotify tracks, Junkie XL is only credited on that cover of Come Together that was used in the trailers

Did he like, co-compose the Wonder Woman theme? I thought it was a Hans Zimmer jam

• Options
    Superman
    Also I like his stuff but is there a worse "edgy" name for a composer than Junkie XL

• Options
    Aquaman
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also I like his stuff but is there a worse "edgy" name for a composer than Junkie XL

Junkie XXXL

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    I liked the movie, even if you could really tell they wanted the humour to be completely amped up. I think it'd be a much better movie if you cut Batman out of it entirely.