As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so, i've been looking up a bunch of reference photos but still think I should pose the question here

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It needs to be a splatter of bright colors like any true tuk tuk

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    teal
    faded, chipped teal

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I think you should go full grimey cyberpunk and put grit and graffiti on it.

Maybe carve lines into panels of it so it looks like its multiple pieces stuck together

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Not gunpla but fuck it
    wxh4yeihpz7i.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Made a thing and started work on a 2nd thing.

Reversible Gundam
    m6s3ek5n3a4m.jpg

Started work on the MG Nu Gundam ver. Ka
    yoeew89wpb54.jpg

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    well, I took some of the suggestions

Do I make my ghost boi dirty

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    edited November 2017
    tumblr_ozgumiMSfO1sv6b1ko1_1280.jpg

This fucker and his paper gundams are killing me

http://xp.sg

Edit: oh what the FUCK

tumblr_owex9tZ28r1sv6b1ko1_1280.jpg

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

tumblr_owex9tZ28r1sv6b1ko1_1280.jpg

"Overcompensating"? What do you mean by that?

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Looks a bit

Ex-S-ive

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    That's the Deep Striker which is an upgrade to the S Gundam. Specifically, that's the Ace Model 1/144 kit.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Unwanted hot take time:
    I really dislike designs like that Sentinel stuff, where there's so much kibble that the mobile suit couldn't really move in ways that utilize its humanoid articulation. It sort of breaks suspension of disbelief for me; why bother with all that extra machinery instead of just building a gunship spacecraft. SEED/Destiny/Astray et al were really bad about that too.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Because it looks cool

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

the GM sniper tho holy SHIT

like i saw this on twitter last night and just sat there with my mouth hung open for a good ten seconds

more suits should utilize the hazel's angled antennae

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Also pretty much all of the suits like that are designed so they can purge the extra equipment if it's damaged/out of ammo/out of fuel etc. and still have a fully functional mobile suit left.

X22wmuF.jpg
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Unwanted hot take time:
    I really dislike designs like that Sentinel stuff, where there's so much kibble that the mobile suit couldn't really move in ways that utilize its humanoid articulation. It sort of breaks suspension of disbelief for me; why bother with all that extra machinery instead of just building a gunship spacecraft. SEED/Destiny/Astray et al were really bad about that too.

Which suits in Seed/Destiny/Astray were really bad about going over the top with armor?

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Unwanted hot take time:

Which suits in Seed/Destiny/Astray were really bad about going over the top with armor?

Having just looked through the listings on MAHQ to refresh my memory, there weren't as many as I thought there were. But the Forbidden Gundam, Abyss Gundam, and Destroy Gundam all have too much clutter and not enough mobile suit, imho.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Unwanted hot take time:

mobile armors that don't rigidly adhere to the humanoid form are much more practical TBH

BahamutZERO.gif
    Not in gundam

They all lose to tiny robots and Ball

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Unwanted hot take time:

Having just looked through the listings on MAHQ to refresh my memory, there weren't as many as I thought there were. But the Forbidden Gundam, Abyss Gundam, and Destroy Gundam all have too much clutter and not enough mobile suit, imho.

The Destroy Gundam is a mobile armor. The other two I'll concede on, but two suits out of two full series and a long running Manga adaptation isn't that bad.

Unwanted hot take time:

The Destroy Gundam is a mobile armor. The other two I'll concede on, but two suits out of two full series and a long running Manga adaptation isn't that bad.

Cool your thrusters, Kira. I was acknowledging that I had misremembered in the post you're replying to. I mean, it was ~12 years ago, cut me some slack.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    The designs in Gundam Sentinel are so massive and hilarious. I love them to pieces. That book is a fun ride.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Unwanted hot take time:

Ironically, nothing has ever bothered me more in this regard than the Guntank. But it's too beloved for criticism, apparently. :p

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I like The Origin's take on the Guntank and Guncannon

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    someone made a Gundam flavored keyboard:

RX78_WhiteFox_C2R02_w.jpg

It's $130 though.

https://hidden-lab.com/page/gundam-x-hidden-lab

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    $130 for just keycaps

wut

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Not in gundam

They all lose to tiny robots and Ball

yeah but in like, hypothetical real life

BahamutZERO.gif
    MG Nu's a tall guy.. even without the Fins and weaponry. That's next.
    7xizfg1bxaft.jpg

edited November 2017
    Interesting, it's navy blue and white. It looks sharp, but I had thought the Nu was black and white.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    The black has a navy hue to it in the light is all

It's the ver Ka if that matters, and the blue is a navy blue, I'll try and get a better picture when I have the fins on it as well as the shield and guns. Not the best lighting in this hotel room.

edited November 2017
    Is there a formal name for the traditional Gundam paintjob? I seem to recall one of the mass-production good guy suits from like f91 or Victory calling it "White Oat" or something?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Also pretty much all of the suits like that are designed so they can purge the extra equipment if it's damaged/out of ammo/out of fuel etc. and still have a fully functional mobile suit left.

Purging equipment is one of the most fun things to do in a mech game.

Not enough let you do it but man starting as a slow trundling mech with tons of firepower and shedding equipment bit by bit until you are just a nimble knife fighter fucking rules.

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Texas Gundam Club is having a "posing" contest. These look cool?

p7c5s9ytib55.jpg
    7m3uk39pqf9d.jpg
    qxh5e518cmq2.jpg

c2k73ugft69n.jpg

I made it dirty

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Next thing to be built is the Blue Destiny Unit 1, in Exam mode

x3ggnijq9atk.jpg

Wish the decals looked better. Still a fun build.

• psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

the GM sniper tho holy SHIT

like i saw this on twitter last night and just sat there with my mouth hung open for a good ten seconds

more suits should utilize the hazel's angled antennae

What is that tan headless suit? Is that a custom or could I throw money at somebody for one of those?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.