As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't you want a PSTriple?

IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirateAnd give me that bootyRegistered User regular
edited February 2008 in Social Entropy++
ITT we talk about the PS3 and how gay you are for having one or how gay you are for not having one.

Uncharted is pretty fucking awesome.

932984_20071015_screen004.jpg

Also ROCK BAND MOTHER FUCKERS.

938871_20071017_screen001.jpg

Folding@Home Penny Arcade Team number: 34479

Also Playstation Network IDs (PM me yours if you want it on the list)

Person - PSN ID

IpseDixit - IamTetsuo
#pipe - hashpipe
Filler - Don't need no stinkin handle
Orikaeshigitae - orikae
Bogey - Bogestrom
gazamc - Gomjabbar
TxdoHawk - TuxedoHawk
Ashcroft - IWAshcroft
Reznik - RenegadeGuardian
bsjezz - bsjezz
Wombat!! - WombatPA
The Sneak! - TheSneak
AlwaysAngryGuy - AlwaysAngryGuy
jwalk - Walk2k
Threepio - rogerwilco
Frog - kdc531
Defender - DefenderPA
Raijin Quickfoot - RaijinQ
Jmac71 - Jmac71
Johannen - Johannen
lostwords - lostwords
MistaCreepy - MistaCreepy
Jyardana - Jyardana
Areté - NinjaFrizz
Agent Vesago - AgentVesago
phekno - phekno
VulnoX - VulnoX
Oden - Jachsa
Also, in a radical reversal - like you might see in a wrestling match - the Playstation 3 version is clearly the better of the two. Clearly.

ipsesignew.jpg
Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
IpseDixit on

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    i borrowed heavenly sword from work because I wanted something short to play and I got to the part in the beginning where you use that girl's rocket launcher or whatever and I got bored and haven't played it again

Garlic Bread on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    People should stop posting in the old thread, it's old and kind of smells bad.

Also look pretty shiny pictures in the op!

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Needs more pictures

DrIanMalcolm on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    I didn't pay any attention to Uncharted until I found out it was made by Naughty Dog. They make great fucking games.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    I didn't pay any attention to Uncharted until I found out it was made by Naughty Dog. They make great fucking games.

uncharted pretty much does everything right

the story's great, the characters are great, the acting's great, the gameplay's great, the graphics are great

it's just too short

and by too short i mean i want more

Garlic Bread on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    aw shit I just found a hell of a deal on craigslist

Selling Playstation 3 60GB, 1 Controller, 4 Games

Games:
    Call of Duty 4
    Madden 08
    Madden 07 <- not opened
    Vice City <- not opened

$450

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Madden 07 isn't opened? Lord Dave would never stand for that.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    vice city

more like nice city

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh ho ho! It's funny because the things you do in the game are not nice at all

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    you can fly helicopters

I bet that's pretty nice to do.

#pipe on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    I was looking into Ratchet yeah, that was my next game. Skate was alright from what I played of it.

I'm edging towards Ninja Gaiden Sigma, as I'm a big fan of the original XBox game and never touched Black.

As long as you are not spoiled by good camera positioning (e.g. if you have played God Of War, you probably are), NGS is great. The two gripes I have with that game are that the camera, mainly during boss battles, frequently works against you, and also it is RIDICULOUSLY hard once you beat it one time and start unlocking higher difficulty levels. But if you liked the original, well, this is basically a version that looks way prettier and has more modes and more shit you can do, plus it has levels where you play as Rachel so you can see what exactly happens that causes her to be captured every fucking time you see her.

Defender on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm so gay for not having a PS3.

But I'm so awesome because I got a useful PC instead.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    aw shit I just found a hell of a deal on craigslist

Selling Playstation 3 60GB, 1 Controller, 4 Games

Games:
    Call of Duty 4
    Madden 08
    Madden 07 <- not opened
    Vice City <- not opened

$450

yesh but what if it doesn't work

Garlic Bread on
  • ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've heard from several people that the PS3 has some major issues, and breaks fairly quickly. Any truth to those rumors?

Reginald on
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Reginald wrote: »
    I've heard from several people that the PS3 has some major issues, and breaks fairly quickly. Any truth to those rumors?
    I haven't had any problems with my PS3 and I've had in since December of last year. Never had any disc read errors unlike my 360 which is getting tons now. I've never heard that many stories of people's PS3s breaking.

QuestionMarkMan on
    edited December 2007
    Reginald wrote: »

i've rarely heard of anyone having problems with their PS3. I bought mine used and I haven't had any problems.

Garlic Bread on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    What is a 'must have' PS3 title?

I am trying to come up with a reason on getting one and blueray really isn't enough. I have a 360 already so 3rd party stuff that comes out on multiple systems isn't an issue.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited December 2007
    Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank

Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Rachet and Clank and Uncharted are the closest things

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2007
    Uncharted or Ratchet probably

I only have Uncharted

QuestionMarkMan on
    edited December 2007
    I didn't really enjoy the PS2 Ratchet and Clanks.

Explain to me what Uncharted is. Never heard of it besides that screenshot up there.

Guess I'll eventually get one though because of MGS4, whenever that comes out.

SA on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    uncharted is as close as you will get to being indiana jones in a game

Nuzak on
  • ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    madden

Reginald on
    edited December 2007
    Tycho wrote:
    Assuming you haven't already defeated the game, Uncharted will very likely charm the shit out of you. The writing and characterization are as good as you're likely to see in or out of this medium. They execute the pulp hero, deliver on the perfect sidekick, and knock the salty mentor into Goddamn orbit. Flawless. I played the game in large part to see these incredibly drawn characters interact with one another. My concerns with the game may be entirely my own: I had invented a game that I thought Uncharted was going to be, and when it deviated from this imaginary template I was displeased. From demo content I had played, I'd established the Prince of Persia/Gears of War motif fairly early on, and that's not really fair. For one, there's considerably more combat than that equation would suggest - to the extent that we're even retaining the Prince/Gears form, Gears should probably be first. And the platforming isn't even remotely like the Prince, which relies on increasingly complex chains of manual precision. Uncharted very rarely asks anything like that from the player. Most platforming sequences don't really involve puzzles, and timed responses (outside of the occasional instant-death quicktime event) aren't really part of its grammar. They're almost like interactive cutscenes, in a way: beautiful in their presentation, they connect combat arenas and evoke its deep pulp adventure roots.

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    tycho writes words so I don't have to

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    But there are Indiana Jones games.

But I think they suck.

SA on
    edited December 2007
    Emperor's Tomb wasn't that bad

QuestionMarkMan on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm still pretty much madly in love with Eye of Judgment, even though I don't play it that much.

I really want to pick up Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank, but at the same time, I always want to get Eternal Sonata for the 360, and maybe even that Final Fantasy XI disc that comes with everything, so I can hate myself for a few hours each night.

The Sneak! on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    i love uncharted

pretty much at any given moment someone's playing it, either my brother or myself

Orikaeshigitae on
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    For those of you that have played it, how is Rogue Galaxy? It's down to $20 now, so I was wondering if it's worth it.

The Sneak! on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    I didn't like Uncharted.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2007
    People like you who don't like nice things are why we have nice things but nobody realizes how nice they are, and then other people complain about how we never have nice things, so the people who made the first batch of nice things stop making them and everything happened backwards but the final result is that we don't have nice things anymore and it's your fault.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    edited December 2007
    PotU wrote: »
    I didn't like Uncharted.

did you play more than the demo

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    Not really, no.

Does the gameplay change?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited December 2007
    No, but the overall feeling does

Instead of "oh I'm climbing shit and shooting guys", you have a purpose

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, I guess it's more fun if you know what's going on.

There are lots of games where I climb better shit and shoot cooler guys.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
    edited December 2007
    also the demo is actually a little bit into the game, so you're used to the controls and everything by the time you get there

Like when I played the demo, I thought it was like Tomb Raider where my pistols would never be out of ammo

whoops

also it didn't tell you about melee combat

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    Melee? No, it really didn't.

(But not knowing that your run out of ammo is silly)

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    so i have one of these ps3's now. my mom just kind of.... got it, when we all said we didn't want one yet. so i have one, now what do i do with it?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited December 2007
    buy warhawk and uncharted

QuestionMarkMan on
This discussion has been closed.