As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Beauty and the Beast & Village Victory!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

I kept thinking I'm not really in the mood for another right away, but then I'd see the thread had updated and have a moment of "Oh crap, did signups close already?" anxiety, so I'm gonna take the batsignal as a sign and go ahead.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    With any luck we get one more soon and I can start before the kids go to bed.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ehhhhhhhh
    Don't expect me to be very active.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I'm in if there's still room

Otherwise, put me in the reserves.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    RU can have preference over me here.
    Put me in reserve instead.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Sure, what the hell.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    It doesn't look like anything to me.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I'm going to send out roles now. The day will end Tuesday 11/21/2017 at 8:00pm EST. Might be slightly less than 24 hours depending on PA spam filter and how often I set it off.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Opening Narration:

A small town, surrounded by forest and mystery. Contact with the outside world is tenuous at best. Still the people of the town are happy and perhaps idyllic. Until the day a corpse is found torn apart in the woods. The scene is ghastly and yet there were no screams or witnesses. Who or what could be responsible? The people band together to find those responsible and root them out of their fair town.

Check the OP for the order of operations and an example of the default role.

PMs are out
    IT HAS BEGUN!

As an aside, if you are confused about something in your role pm or find it vague please ask for clarification via pm.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Alright if we can get three more before tonight I can start this today. Maybe some of you lurking in the thread hitting reaction buttons? @H3Knuckles @Megafrost @Moridin889

My reaction buttons shall run free wheever they shall please!

Also I just got promoted and don't believe I could devote the time to this. Once I bend these people to my will perhaps

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    What was I thinking....

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Alright if we can get three more before tonight I can start this today. Maybe some of you lurking in the thread hitting reaction buttons? H3Knuckles Megafrost Moridin889

My reaction buttons shall run free wheever they shall please!

Also I just got promoted and don't believe I could devote the time to this. Once I bend these people to my will perhaps

Don't feel bad, cause I usually forget it as well, but always remove @ symbols when you quote someone, cause it re-pings people.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    PMs are out
    IT HAS BEGUN!

As an aside, if you are confused about something in your role pm or find it vague please ask for clarification via pm.

is this specifically asking not to ask clarifications publicly? Can I share clarifications publicly?

Edit: in retrospect I perhaps should have asked this privately OH WELL

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Kime

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Kime

Brody

Random accusations are fun!

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    PMs are out
    IT HAS BEGUN!

is this specifically asking not to ask clarifications publicly? Can I share clarifications publicly?

Edit: in retrospect I perhaps should have asked this privately OH WELL

Public clarifications are fine. It was more, sometimes I'm confusing and people assume. Please ask instead of assuming if you are confused. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Woah people! We shouldn't be so quick to jump on and accuse each other with out facts. Remember assume nothing!

Maybe the body fell apart in a pile of gore all by itself?! Spontaneous-Vivisection is a thing right?

• Options
    I'm on my phone now, so not quoting it, but take a look at the basic villager ability in the OP. I asked privately, we can vote for whatever action we want, there's no predetermined set it comes from.

I'm voting for Public Omnidimensional Seer, whereupon using the ability causes everyone's true alignments to be posted in the narration

Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Wait

Kime read the OP?

There's something wrong with that picture.

• Options
    Wait

Kime read the OP?

There's something wrong with that picture.

Us not-mafia members also got a similar role PM, mafia

Steam profile
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I wonder if there’s restrictions as to what the hunter can do.

We all learned how strong having a daily seering was.

I would suggest going with a deer and when we hit a mafia (the result is public?) we then go vig.

That’s if everything goes according to plan.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    I wonder if there’s restrictions as to what the hunter can do.

We all learned how strong having a daily seering was.

I would suggest going with a deer and when we hit a mafia (the result is public?) we then go vig.

That’s if everything goes according to plan.

Go big or go home

Anyone not voting for something game breaking is mafia in my book!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Wait

We can get a deer?

I totally vote for the deer!

It can be dinner!

• Options
    Go big or go home sure but if we vote for something the host won’t give us and then we get nothing.

Will we be told we don’t get our amazing power or will we just get a watered down version is my main concern as this is our only real power as the village.

• Options
    Go big or go home sure but if we vote for something the host won’t give us and then we get nothing.

Will we be told we don’t get our amazing power or will we just get a watered down version is my main concern as this is our only real power as the village.

You could ask?

Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So later we could vote to bring someone back to life / back in the game?

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Right so.

I have no idea what to do and vote close is a ridiculous 2pm for me.

So

I need to look at the player list.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    oh man what if we could have a village cultist? everyone could win!

• Options
    I have a burning fiery passionate hate for cultists.

Like.

Murdering them is likely too good.

If there is one role type that will ensure I don't play...

Otherwise, cythraul

For old times sake.

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    oh man what if we could have a village cultist? everyone could win!

I've tried that pitch, it never works for me :(

I have to secretly subvert everyone to get a cultist win

Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Could the power voted for be to convert the target to villager?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    also i should probably vote, because vote close is the middle of my work day.
    Grunt's Ghosts.

• Options
    Are there restrictions on what the village can vote for and if so will we be told?

• Options
    JayKaos day 1 grudge vote for being a winning mafia member last game and surviving two attempts to vig him.

Fair warning, I'm not gonna be on much today or Thursday (Thanksgiving), but I'll try to meet minimums.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I also will be at work this work for most of the day, but will be posting later, like a few hours before game and when I get some free time at work.

As for my vote, I really don't know who yet. I don't remember any grudges, since it's been a while.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Premium

I'm all for seering when the host will tell us all our crazy uberpowerfull wish will be denied. At least until we find someone worthy of killing.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    So later we could vote to bring someone back to life / back in the game?
    Clarification Denied
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Could the power voted for be to convert the target to villager?
    Clarification Denied
    Are there restrictions on what the village can vote for and if so will we be told?
    There are restrictions. I'm not going to spell out exactly what can be done, but instant solving of the game is going to fail for obvious reasons.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm guessing we're restricted from, say, "Kill all the mafia" or "get us villagers out of here!"

:D

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Guys I'm telling you the best course of action is to make one-time use powers multiple use powers.

Yes I'm claiming a one-time use power.

No I won't tell you what it is.

Yes, the reason I won't tell you what it is is because I'm mafia.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906