As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Thanksgiving] is the best holiday.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    The kid constantly spiking the camera is making me laugh way too hard.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Thanksgiving is in THREE days!

THREE!

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    This has basically been me for the past week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLQyjpHiM5A

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I said I'd go with a work friend to her family Thanksgiving this year
    She and her husband were kind enough to invite me because they know I don't have family in town and had no other plans, but honestly I'm having some generalized anxiety going on right now and I don't think I'd be okay spending 3 days with a bunch of strangers 2 hours from home, and I would feel really bad to flake on this but I kinda wonder if staying home and not making anyone else deal with me is the better option

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    We don't celebrate Thanksgiving out of principle but I'm wondering if that extends to not going to Mori's family's huge weekend gathering.

Because... I kind of don't want to go. But I have no real reason not to go. His family are perfectly lovely and will provide good food.

• Options
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    We're doing dinner tomorrow because I work thanksgiving. Turkey, rolls, homemade mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole with fried onions, stuffing with extra onion & celery.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    She and her husband were kind enough to invite me because they know I don't have family in town and had no other plans, but honestly I'm having some generalized anxiety going on right now and I don't think I'd be okay spending 3 days with a bunch of strangers 2 hours from home, and I would feel really bad to flake on this but I kinda wonder if staying home and not making anyone else deal with me is the better option

3 days is a pretty tough lift. If you think you'd be happier at home, you can always say that an out of town friend unexpectedly called and is taking you out for Chinese food instead. I can totally serve as a phone alibi if they're the suspicious type.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I just realized Obama's not going to get to do his awkward turkey pardon with his kids and now I'm sad

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

My solution to these situations is to take good supply of weed chocolate with me and be secretly high the whole time.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I do not think I could ever be secretly high.

I get the shakes when I drink two cups of coffee, I think if I had an edible I might die.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    One of my shelvers thought she was secretly high for my entire tenure at my old library. She'd wake'n'bake, then come to work at 9 AM and straighten shelves like a motherfucker for like three hours straight.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I cant wait til turkey day! I'm going to eat until I'm full. Then I'm going to eat some more.

• Options
    Starting baked beans tonight!

Cornbread will be baked tomorrow or possibly very early on thursday!

IT'S HAPPENING!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I was slightly bummed that because all my friends are either out of town, or with family, I was going to be spending Thanksgiving alone.

But decided to look on the bright side. Planning on getting an early run, going to my favorite vegetarian place as they're having a Thanskgiving buffet (Tofu Turkey? Why not!) and then I'll watch either CoCo or Justice League.

It'll be a nice, low key ME day, and I rarely have those.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm heading over to my sister's new house and we're gonna watch Friends and eat the traditional victuals

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm heading over to my sister's new house and we're gonna watch Friends and eat the traditional victuals

Be very careful not to get those activities mixed up

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Did they ever give details on a MST3K marathon?

• Options
    Yes, happening at the official YouTube channel, starting at Noon EST

http://www.mst3k.com/2017_turkey_day_marathon?utm_campaign=turkey_day_2017

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

yeah I'll be careful not to watch the traditional victuals and eat friends

• Options

Okay, good. I've lost too many good people over the years

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

It was one time, Bagel. One. Time.
    Maybe you could let it go?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

It was one time, Bagel. One. Time.
    Maybe you could let it go?

If I'm being honest, it's the wasted food that really haunts me. It just sat there. Getting cold.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Going to my fiance's family Thanksgiving.

Neither one of us is really looking forward to it.

So, we're gonna get drunk before hand.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Made the Cranberry bread last night, cleaned while it baked, then took a break while the husband cooked dinner. Then after dinner, made the pumpkin pie.

Family arrives in roughly 8 hours!

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    I've got beans soaking and later tonight I'm making cornbread!

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Trying to find a good gravy recipe that doesn't use the drippings. Any suggestions?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Coworker brought pies to work to bring to her family tomorrow. She forgot about them, but I asked about them before we closed up shop and made the building inaccessible for two days. If I had said anything a minute or two later, the alarms would have gone off before we were able to get them.

Hooray! I am Champion Thanksgiving!

• Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Trying to find a good gravy recipe that doesn't use the drippings. Any suggestions?

Just tell a devout church lady a ribald joke

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm having some digestive system problems lately and hope dinner tomorrow won't make me too uncomfortable.

I'm looking forward to it.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

Kaplar on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    We aren't really doing Thanksgiving for the first time since I can remember, because my mom and I both have pneumonia. Mom is cooking a turkey now, but she isn't feeling well, didn't read the instructions on the bag, and thawed the turkey, then opened the bag. Neither of which she as supposed to do. We'll see, but if anyone can save it, its her.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins to give my brother and his family this year when we go over there for Thanksgiving and I hope he likes them.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I hope you and your mom feel better Valhalla!

• Options
    nooooooo

my cornbread is fucked uuuuuuupppppppp

stupid internet recipes

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

I hope you and your mom feel better Valhalla!

I'm sure we will. But this is cutting into my work and money now.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    It’s nice having a weekday off, even if I have to spend a couple hours of it with family.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    For Thanksgiving I was going to see my family, have a giant turkey, the works

But instead I'm working, because people can't just wait a goddamn day to buy their mediocre TVs or whatever

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular