As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I have never used Redbox in my life before, but I look at them when I'm in the store now and then killing time.

I just looked at one and it said I could buy Everybody's Golf for $10!

So I did!

Hooray! Add me if you want to play golf!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Oh yeah I still need to check out doing that. Assuming this browse function is right, they should have Everybody's Golf for $10 down at the local Walgreens.

Hrm, but now where to find the time to actually play it...

Edit: PS+ Black Friday Early Access is live:
    Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe $89.99

Destiny 2 $38.99
    Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe Edition $74.99
    Destiny 2 - Game + Expansion Pass Bundle $67.49

FIFA 18 $35.99
    FIFA 18 ICON Edition $59.99
    FIFA 18 Ronaldo Edition $47.99

Madden NFL 18 Standard Edition $29.99
    MADDEN NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Holiday Edition $39.99

NBA 2K18 $41.99

South Park: The Fractured but Whole $41.99
    South Park: The Fractured but Whole Gold $62.99

Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition $69.99
    Assassin's Creed Origins $41.99
    Assassin's Creed Origins Deluxe Edition $48.99

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - Deluxe Edition $67.49
    Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite - Standard Edition $41.99

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition $59.99
    NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold $119.99

EA SPORTS NHL 18 Standard Edition $29.99
    EA SPORTS NHL 18 Young Stars Edition $39.99
    EA SPORTS NHL 18 Young Stars Deluxe $49.99

Overwatch Game of the Year Edition $29.99

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 $29.99
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 FC Barcelona Edition $34.99

Project CARS 2 $41.99

WWE 2K18 $35.99
    WWE 2K18 Digital Deluxe Edition $53.99

Need for Speed Payback $35.99
    Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition $47.99

Karoz on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yikes, that is not a very good sale. Hopefully a flash sale shows up and is much better.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Man, NFS being on that list cannot speak well of how its doing.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Made it to the final sequence of DR2 and fuck yeah this is everything I wanted from this series

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    DR2 ends how I wanted DR1 to. The only problem I had with 2 was that I hated pretty much everyone who made it to the final case.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

EA bogged it down with a reliance on grinding to get better car parts. Of course you can skip the grind by spending real money on loot boxes!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

EA bogged it down with a reliance on grinding to get better car parts. Of course you can skip the grind by spending real money on loot boxes!

The best way to skip this sort of grind is never buying the game in the first place

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The best way to skip this sort of grind is never buying the game in the first place

War Games 2: WOPR puts the shut down for the nuclear launch codes in a loot box.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

eh, assassin's creed origins is also on there, it's not crazy to do a slash on a recent release to drive black friday sales

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    1 year of PS+ is currently $39.99 at Amazon. I believe it's the same at Best Buy as well.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have never used Redbox in my life before, but I look at them when I'm in the store now and then killing time.

So I did!

mxmarks wrote: »

So I did!

Agents of Mayhem and Dark Souls 3 $5 also

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have joined your ranks as a PS4 owner, huzzah! My PSN is DarkMecha if you would like to add me. Mainly bought it for Monster Hunter World but also excited for Gundam Verses, Dragon Quest, DBFZ, Mahvel etc. :D

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Hand of Fate 2 is a good game! Hopefully a patch comes in and makes it a great game. There's some kind of input lag or something with combat. I've eaten unnecessary hits because the game doesn't think I'm pushing the buttons I'm pushing. Also it kinda hitches, or locks up for just a second occasionally that causes me to get hit. Also, man... sometimes it feels like the minigames just intentionally fuck you over instead of it actually being RNG...

I am weirdly good at the card games, though. I just focus on the first card and end up able to pick it like, 75% of the time. Roulette can suck my butthole though... dice games too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Guys, I don't seen another PSN thread yet... but I had to post this up. I'll post it up in the new thread when it comes around. But...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGL5EzrHm_U

Jesus Christ, Sega... this move is ballsy as FUCK after Valkyria Revolution. But if this is your apology tour for that and done properly, I'll take it!

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    The renewal date for my PS+ subscription comes up next month. The one year sub is as cheap as it's going to get right now at 40 bucks. When should I redeem it? On the renewal date? Or does activating it now just add on to my remaining days of service?

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    Armoroc wrote: »
    The renewal date for my PS+ subscription comes up next month. The one year sub is as cheap as it's going to get right now at 40 bucks. When should I redeem it? On the renewal date? Or does activating it now just add on to my remaining days of service?

Activating it now will just add to your days. You can add as many as you want and it will just keep increasing.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Hey Sega, while you're at it maybe port 2 and 3 to modern consoles as well.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GameInformer's review on Lego Marvel 2 seems to be an outlier on the game being way buggier than normal. Decided to pick it up, and am quite enjoying it! It's quickly overtaking Lego Avengers as my favorite Lego game. I know people tend to hate Avengers, but that was the one that finally made Lego games click for me so it has a special place in my heart. I just wish the post level screens were sped up some. I like seeing the characters I've unlocked, but it takes forever to show you everyone... so slow!

Also, I think the folks at Tt games are fans of the casting choice for the Captain Marvel movie. One of the first levels sees The Avengers having a party. Captain Marvel is enjoying a cheese plate and comments "The brie is fantastic!", hah!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Wolfenstein II is half off right now for the Black Friday sale.

• Options
    Awesome, I was hoping that was coming since it was on sale on XBox.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    No sale on Bloodborne. PSN, y u do dis?

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I wasn't able to take advantage of the Injustice 2 sale earlier this month, so I was hoping that would re-emerge, but I imagine there will be another one before the TMNT hit.

• Options
    Wasn't Bloodborne permanently marked down to $20 a while ago?

• Options
    Wasn't Bloodborne permanently marked down to $20 a while ago?

Yeah, but the Complete Edition is still $35.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    @Ceno

I'm seeing Injustice 2 on the black friday sale for $20.

• Options
    @Ceno

I'm seeing Injustice 2 on the black friday sale for $20.

Huh! Weird. The base game is on sale, but the ultimate edition isn't. That's why I wasn't seeing it.

• Options
    That is weird. I had to specifically search up Wolfenstein 2 standard edition, because it was only showing the deluxe on sale, but standard was still 50% off too. Odd that Injustice isnt the same.

• Options
    Hopefully they'll catch it and the ultimate edition will get a discount too. I'll pick it up, if so.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PSN Black Friday sale is up and runs from now until 11/28. Some *twitch* really significant discounts that are... maybe... going to test my willpower *twitch*... I'm *NIER AT 40% OFF* thinking that I'm *P5 AT 50% OFF* going to try to avoid *YAKUZA 0 AT 50% OFF* adding anything to my backlog *WOLFENSTEIN II AT 50% OFF* right now, but I hope that others *FFXV AT 60% OFF* can take full advantage of *twitch* all of the discounts.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I wish I could play Persona 5 again for the first time. Maybe I'll do the next best thing and fire up NG+.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    PSN Black Friday sale is up and runs from now until 11/28. Some *twitch* really significant discounts that are... maybe... going to test my willpower *twitch*... I'm *NIER AT 40% OFF* thinking that I'm *P5 AT 50% OFF* going to try to avoid *YAKUZA 0 AT 50% OFF* adding anything to my backlog *WOLFENSTEIN II AT 50% OFF* right now, but I hope that others *FFXV AT 60% OFF* can take full advantage of *twitch* all of the discounts.

You forgot Knack 2 at 50% off...

In all seriousness though, seriously tempted by quite a few of the offers available. Very tempted to christen the new hard drive once it arrives.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Where that new thread at so we can talk about this Black Friday sale?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Guess I'll ask here:

What's the difference between the various versions of Persona 5 on offer? Is any of the DLC worthwhile?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    None of the DLC in P5 matters at all.

You get some new Personas who will either be overleveled or underleveled for most of the game (but are returning from P3 and P4 so if you're attached to them for nostalgia, its cool to have them).

Or you get costume/music packs from previous Persona/Atlus games.

Which is again, cool, but the soundtrack from P5 is so great I don't want to replace any of it!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Guess I'll ask here:

What's the difference between the various versions of Persona 5 on offer? Is any of the DLC worthwhile?

Pretty sure it's all just costumes and van paint jobs.

edit: oh wait there's a bunch of personas too

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Persona 4 costumes and music were a neat curiosity but I ended up wanting P5's music back

I should get back to P5 eventually, it lost me pretty quickly

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Amazon has the deluxe version of the Life is Strange prequel Before the Storm for $5.99 (digital). I picked up a copy, we played through the first game over the summer and it was really great.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Strange-Before-Deluxe-Digital/dp/B071JSKJ9F/?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=fd2a850acf9911e78da5ee7b3f3e8d1f0INT&th=1

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    My strategy of not buying Horizon until a discount paid off this week big time

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)