As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cats

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    We had three cats, Giblet, Zon-Zon, and Shaelyn. Then a one eyed stray kitten/young cat showed up at our back door. We took him in, payed a lot of money to get him healthy, and his name is Jack.

Then two more kittens/young cats showed up at our back door. We got them healthy and found them a home last month.

Yesterday we found and took in another very young stray, who showed up at our back door. This ones eyes are clouding over and is very possibly pregnant.

There is apparently some sort of invisible cat sign on our house that says "Suckers live here."

Update, according to the vet, the cat is not possibly pregnant, she's suuuuuper pregnant, and will probably have kittens in the next 2-3 weeks.

Anyone want a kitten?

Update update, we put the word out a few days ago on lost pet websites, and her owners just called. Her name is Gypsy, she was born with the eye defects, and is also apparently epileptic, so her owners were suuuuuuper worried about her. She's going home!

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular

Here is my sister's cat, Mr. Binx, Esq.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    my aunt's cat is gigantic and ridiculous

dptv0elhk4k5.jpg

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    I have two cats, Biggs(Black) and Spoots(Tabby).

Sometimes they fight, this time they are not.

hjqvuf5977wi.jpg

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    This is our only male cat, Luther.

He's the most lovable ball of fluff ever and we're very proud of him for losing 5 pounds over the last year (since any of these were taken).

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Here is my sister's cat, Mr. Binx, Esq.

that is the best expression my stars

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    MORE KITTIES.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    enjoying her new heated! cat bed
    (source of cat trap in previous post)
    vsJo92il.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    MORE KITTIES.

I only have one wee kitty (spoiler: he's not very "wee").

bgksisslpxwk.jpg

Yeah...that's a box for a portable air conditioner. Yes...he's almost as long as that box is tall.

That is Mr. Perry (nicknamed "Mr. Kitty Perry"). Some of his hobbies include:

kdcjgipm9fh3.jpg

Going out for walkies and

ksjn94crfw9f.jpg

napping in a box mounted on the top of a bookshelf that's right next to a window.

I took him in back in 2007...in spite of me being allergic to cats. A couple of my friends found him abandoned (he was wedged in the engine block of a display car out front of an auto shop) when he was a few weeks old, but they couldn't keep him due to shared living. When I went to visit my friend, this teeny, floofball kept snuggling with me and constantly purred while nuzzling me. Allergies be damned, I wasn't leaving my friend's place without that kitten. Ten years later, and I can't even imagine what my life would've been like without that little adorable fuzzbutt around.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I have a cat. She has good servants.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    <- This is my cat, Omen.

And here she is exhausted of trying to get me to give her supper early.

pVFxOmC.jpg

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I got me a trio of cats - Luna, Soup, and Murphy. Their respective mugshots are as follows:

The Trio:

mt6PMuo.jpg

Luna:

gpguOD9.jpg

Soup:

PS58n3X.jpg

and Murphy:

K4wlzGM.jpg

Luna is the sweetest cat ever. Soup is the living embodiment of evil and hatred. Murphy is the coolest pair of cats there ever was.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
    Yesterday we gave our cats flea medicine.

In related news, I now look like I tried to kill myself thanks to the large scabbed over gouge on my forearm running from wrist to elbow.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Nip-face
    xVWDs8d.jpg

DeliciousTacos on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Fuck I want a cat.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Fuck I want a cat.

Cats are good.

edit: not enough cat in this post. Here's my old roommate's cat, being weight conscious while creepin' on me in the shower.

bpbljjdrkpaw.jpg

Tynnan on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Yesterday we gave our cats flea medicine.

In related news, I now look like I tried to kill myself thanks to the large scabbed over gouge on my forearm running from wrist to elbow.

Pill? Powder? Liquid?

In any case, mix that in with wet food. Some medicine is strong and cats will shy away from it, but most of them are fine if you mask it in a good wet food tin. Vets will try to upsell you on medicine that is just as effective but tastes like beef or whatever so your cat has an easier time with ingesting it, but I find the cost is too high considering my cats have never had problems with the unflavoured stuff.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    My cat is too smart for that to ever work but she's also super sweet and would never scratch me.

Nah, this was the topical stuff that absorbs through their skin. You squeeze it out of a tube on the back of their neck. Easy peasy!

Y'know, once you catch them.

They love snuggles every other time, but the moment you try to hold them for non-snuggle reasons they like to remind you they come equipped with knives.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    soup is a good name for a cat

• Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    She's actually named after @S0up. We couldn't figure out what to call her for a week or so. I was surfing the hesher thread in D&D and said "what about Soup?" My wife went for it and the rest is history.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm a big fan of pet names that weird people out for reasons they can't really explain

my favorite subcategory of this is Mom Names, which is why if I ever get a kitten their name is going to be something like Debbie or Linda

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of pet names that weird people out for reasons they can't really explain

my favorite subcategory of this is Mom Names, which is why if I ever get a kitten their name is going to be something like Debbie or Linda

I had a moment sort of like this when my 20 month old niece started learning my ferrets' names.

I had to tell my mom "Perhaps we should come up with a nickname for Tucker, just in case she mispronounces..."

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Nip-face
    xVWDs8d.jpg

Nip... not even once.

Pretty much the opposite of my friend's cat Mable (rest in peace) who had a particularly good "dude.... I am like so fucking baked right now," look when partaking.

23uf0t0tvetf.jpgsctjj6on13ak.jpgclmqhm9cdvqm.jpg

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Nah, this was the topical stuff that absorbs through their skin. You squeeze it out of a tube on the back of their neck. Easy peasy!

Y'know, once you catch them.

They love snuggles every other time, but the moment you try to hold them for non-snuggle reasons they like to remind you they come equipped with knives.

We got Bramble with that stuff by luring him out from under the bed with a treat, then booping him from above

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I like the idea of giving pets human names that are really kind of a bit silly to give to humans in the first place, like calling a male dog 'Chastity' or a hyperactive cat 'Patience'.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Simon loves Ikea day.

4R7stuV.jpg

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    We have three kitties

vraxmeyy9ik5.jpg
    Sabrina and Onyx

bpdzdvwzeezu.jpg
    And Onyx' sister, Snickers.

pomeoqgsqyvl.jpg
    They love my wife's blanket

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    This is Simon and River on their 4th birthday. River is inspecting the camera. She likes pets, tuna and kibble. Simon likes being in weird places and sleeping next to my girlfriend.

*SNIP*

Aw. These look like my childhood cat Spod (my parents found her in the roof and called her "Spod from the Planet Fln-n-n-n-n" because they're weirdos).

She definitely had some Siamese in her. She was also deaf.

Her meow was fucking mournful.

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Can you guys hit me up with some cat photos? My grandfather passed and I need to look at cute, cuddly cats.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Thank you. That's a good lookin' cat.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Merry Christmas from my kitty to yours.

OqkT8yc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    k

mnXmDpc.jpg
    gkRbcgi.jpg
    qfuXmpJ.jpg
    vNT09nf.jpg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    help this thread has killed me

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    This sac has become River's favorite bed again. She used it all the time when she was a tiny kitten, then stopped for a couple years.

rFWrf2j.jpg

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Sabrina will rotate which is her "favorite" spot every few months.

o62bc41uzjoj.jpg
    Currently it's her brother

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Affirmative. Deploying cats I have known.
    s45c0n2nqhiu.png
    pa2d7kpbmzul.png
    1pd5j1jqqxu8.png
    5fferf3386ph.png
    awglixm358cp.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Our cat Missy likes watching cooking shows:

x4sj18yosqbc.jpg