As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa 2017

• Options
    CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
    HO HO HO

ALL PMs ARE (read: "should be") OUT!

Please let me know if you do not have one and are expecting one. Let me know if there are any questions/issues and I will work to resolve them quickly.

HO HO HO

santasig.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif
    Santa moves fast!
    Ho ho ho, ArcSyn,
    Gift early, gift often. That's what Santa says. And, after talking in the third person, keeping his word is what Santa likes best.

So, here's a bunch of Iron Kingdom RPG books in digital form from Santa's Humble workshop. Also, the WarMachine Tactics game which is a pretty fun way to stomp a magic and steam powered robot around and stab things with pointy things, also a coupon for the High Command Card Rapid Engagement game. Sadly, shipping isn't included for the card game, but Santa's warming up a spot near the top of the Naughty List for whoever made that decision in the Humble department.
    There may be some other coupons in there as well. Santa doesn't read the fine print too closely anymore. An extended diet high in milk and cookies has left Santa a little diabetic in his left eye.

But that's not all.
    Oh no, Santa's not done with you.
    We've got an adventure ahead of us, but you need to choose which adventure we take.
    Should we fight to survive a zombie apocalypse? (The zombies, surprisingly, made it onto the Nice List this year. Santa's going to have to double check with the elves on this one.)
    Make a desperate last stand against terrifying alien insects, while defending the last survivors of their sneak attack? (Oh, you better believe they're going on the Naughty List. No, not the bugs. Santa loves the bugs.)
    Do we hire on with the undermanned constabulary to sell our strength to the cause? (So many for the Naughty List here, it's almost impressive...)
    Maybe we could avoid the plots and storylines, and instead just board our giant robots and trade barrages of plasma fire and missiles? (Giant robots are always on the Nice List, naturally.)

Choose the form of the Destructor...err... adventure. Santa meant to say adventure.

You can reply to the email, or in the thread.
    Santa's watching.
    Santa is always watching.
    ho
    Ho
    HO

..now, where did I put that hippo?

I now own so many books! I need to plug in the ol' Kindle and start downloading!
    S5prFZg.png

Also the WarMachine Tactics game, which looks neat and fun and perhaps a good way to learn WarMachine?
    header.jpg?t=1484598361

I ordered the free High Command Card game, was less than $4 shipping, so no big deal. Would have been nice if they allowed it to combine with another order in case I go ahead and use those other coupons to pick up an army though and have it all qualify for free shipping. Not going to lose sleep over it, and it will be fun to play.
    Rapid_Engagement-3D_Left.png

THANK YOU!

But now to the question at hand...
    Zombies?
    Aliens?
    Mercenary?
    Robots?

Hmm. I'm not a huge zombie fan, so that is out. Sorry if that's a bit disappointing Santa, I know it seems like they're a standard thing everyone is into.

Aliens are fun, and who doesn't love a good bug squish?

Mercenary sounds like it could be neat?

Robots are amazing, and sounds most like MechWarrior or Battletech, which I have enjoyed in the past, but I do enjoy plots and storylines though.

I think I'm going to go with Aliens, but robots would be the runner up choice.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Damn we're off to a strong start this year!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I'll have to send mine early this year since I'll be gone sporadically after Thanksgiving!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      High Command has arrived! Reading up the rules now.

Also, I have started reading Instruments of War which seemed to be the first chronologically of what I now own based on what I can find online. So unless there's a better place to start, Santa, it's good stuff so far!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Usually I like to build up - send small presents early then the bigger ones later. Due to my time constraints, I had to brute force this!

Santee, expect between 4 and 6 boxes Monday!

• Options
        see317see317 Registered User regular
        Santee, I went to my candy guy yesterday, they still haven't got my stuff in stock.
        Yeah, I have a candy guy. What? You don't? Everyone should have a candy guy.

Anyway, I've got most of the present sorted. I just need a box to put it in and the taffy.

• Options
        MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
        Gifts have arrived. But I can't open them yet. I will keep the thread posted. I am not sure yet if they are G&T gifts or CF gifts!

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
        Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
      • Options
        TimFiji wrote: »
        Usually I like to build up - send small presents early then the bigger ones later. Due to my time constraints, I had to brute force this!

MagicPrime wrote: »
        Gifts have arrived. But I can't open them yet. I will keep the thread posted. I am not sure yet if they are G&T gifts or CF gifts!

I think I forgot to sign it - two years in a row, buddy!

• Options

I think I forgot to sign it - two years in a row, buddy!

8060y78t4vp7.png
          jxdpadt8sgv3.png

My daughter has been playing Kirby Superstar on my computer via emulator. She spotted Kirby on the back of the box and was shocked.

My youngest is in bed, but I will give her the two new StarWars plushies tomorrow. She still has the ones from last year. And BB-8 is floating around the house somewhere (I think he's being used as a beanbag when my daughter plays WiiU.)

• Options
          Was there dice in there too?! Didn't see em in the pic

• Options

Yes! I just found them. They had jammed themselves into a corner of the box. These are some heavy metal dice, literally.

• Options

Yes! I just found them. They had jammed themselves into a corner of the box. These are some heavy metal dice, literally.

Whew! Hope you like everything. Sorry about it being so early!

• Options
              MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
              Damn @TimFiji that is some seriously classy gifting!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
              Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
              Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
              Steam ID
              Twitch Page
            • Options
              Nice!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
            • Options
              ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
            • Options
              Gift launched!

Steam ID
              Twitch Page
            • Options
              valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
              Pneumonia has reared its ugly head for the 4th time in my life. My presents will have to be pushed back a little bit.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
            • Options
              edited November 2017
              Pneumonia has reared its ugly head for the 4th time in my life. My presents will have to be pushed back a little bit.

Damn dude. Get well soon!

:bro:

webguy20 on
            • Options

Not all of us can get Papa Nurgle for a Santa, didn't even think he was a registered user in these parts.

• Options
              He has made a special project of me. Lol

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
            • Options
              DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
              When I arrived home tonight, there was a mysterious package waiting for me by the door. I knew what this meant: My future-self (twisted by the pain and loss he has seen) has finally tracked me down and sent a chronnihilation device to take me out and prevent himself from being. Knowing that there is no way to avoid nega-time, I sighed and opened the package.

It turned out I was wrong, and the package was from my Santa!
              9ILT0bD.jpg?1
              Let's tear into it and see what's inside.
              GqQUx47.jpg?1

It's Mystic Vale! A game that I've been wanting to try for a while now due to the pretty unique mechanic of assembling cards out of transparent card sections. Here, let me show you:
              WsO2CcJ.jpg?1
              C1v78mG.jpg?1

My favorite is when a game does something weird and different (honestly, it doesn't even need to be good, just weird), and Mystic Vale hits all the spots. My Santa has done a great job, but - unfortunately! - didn't identify themselves. I know their meat-name from the return label on the box (and certainly this will be useful when I eventually evolve into my evil future-self), but I don't know their forum-name, which means I don't know whom to direct my gratitude towards. Step forth, dear Santa!

• Options
              It was I, MNC Dover that gifted you @Delduwath! I'm glad to see your gift has arrived safe and sound. Sorry there wasn't a lot of cool and fun stuff alongside it. Here's an extra cute picture of my doggo to hopefully make up for it.
              nbpd909k8vso.jpg

Steam ID
              Twitch Page
            • Options
              @MNC Dover! Dude, don't apologize, this is a great gift and I'm very happy to receive it! Toys are cool, but the reason I love our forum Secret Santas is because when you get a gift, it means someone in our community thought about you and wanted to do something nice for you. That's the best part, and you made that happen. So, thank you and hi5!

• Options
              MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
              Santee- bogies are inbound!

steam:maguano2
              gamertag:Maguano71
              Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
            • Options
              Delduwath wrote: »
              @MNC Dover! Dude, don't apologize, this is a great gift and I'm very happy to receive it! Toys are cool, but the reason I love our forum Secret Santas is because when you get a gift, it means someone in our community thought about you and wanted to do something nice for you. That's the best part, and you made that happen. So, thank you and hi5!

I forgot to mention this is only part 1. There will be more...

Steam ID
              Twitch Page
            • Options
              This is all the more reason not to apologize for there not being more cool and fun stuff in there.

• Options
              ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
              GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

IMG_4984-960.jpg
              IMG_4985-960.jpg
              IMG_4986-960.jpg

Thank you friendly Neighborhood Secret Santa! This is great because I probably would not have bought an epic ship for myself. But I love me some Scyks!

IWBRLjC.png
            • Options
              Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
              Ah, the elves have just informed me that part 1 of operation festive gifts has been dispatched, a parcel should be showing up at someone's door within 2-5 working days.

Part 2 still needs a little, erm, preparation, but I will try and get that sorted as soon as possible and sent on its way too.

• Options
              edited November 2017
              A Rogue Trader has been retained to deliver materiel to a certain Santee. His astropath foretells the warp is currently stable and travel should go smoothly.

valhalla130 on
              asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
            • Options
              AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
              Reports of a space conflict should be reaching my Santee, along with the spoils of space warfare, at some point soon.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
              Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
              I'm completely unfamiliar with the Thing my Santee wanted so I can't say anything clever except that it's on the way.

Currently Playing:
              The Division, Warframe (XB1)
              GT: Tanith 6227
            • Options
              Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
              Ah, the elves have just informed me that part 1 of operation festive gifts has been dispatched, a parcel should be showing up at someone's door within 2-5 working days.

Part 2 still needs a little, erm, preparation, but I will try and get that sorted as soon as possible and sent on its way too.

To expand on this, I have just sent Phase 2 off into the unknowable aether, but it does have an ocean to cross before arrival, so it may take a little longer to show up.

• Options
              I have been gifted, but there was no note or indication of my Santa's identity.
              So, time to get the Christmas Tribble off of his mantle perch and put him to work.

Seems especially apt this year.
              7kbu3iu632wm.jpg

Thank you, Mystery Santa. Step forth and accept your promotion to honorary designated sacrificial redshirt.

• Options
              I didn't know there was a Star trek rpg!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
            • Options
              edited December 2017
              ArcSyn wrote: »

I only heard about it recently, from the SE++ tabletop thread, but it's gotten a lot of love over there. I'm looking forward to cracking this one open.
              Shortly before SecretSanta signups started up.

see317 on
            • Options
              edited December 2017
              Yea that StarTrek RPG is something I never new I wanted. It looks so awesome though.

webguy20 on
            • Options
              MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
              santee, my elves have informed me that the partridge should be in the pear tree by now. please confirm before i have to declare figgy pudding. shapeimage_10.png

steam:maguano2
              gamertag:Maguano71
              Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
            • Options
              see317 wrote: »
              ArcSyn wrote: »

I only heard about it recently, from the SE++ tabletop thread, but it's gotten a lot of love over there. I'm looking forward to cracking this one open.
              Shortly before SecretSanta signups started up.

There's a SE++ tabletop thread? Man this thread is full of gifts from everyone!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
            • Options
              webguy20 wrote: »
              Yea that StarTrek RPG is something I never knew I wanted. It looks so awesome though.

This sounds awesome!