As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - Grand Opening

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - Grand Opening

Grand Opening

Grand Opening

http://campcomic.com/comic/484

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I have a question: are any of the covers based on real books or is it just generic book cover designs?

• Options
    SynticSyntic Registered User regular
    For a second I thought that the joke was that starting a library was a fairly tame thing, but then I see the look of terror in the last panel and I realize... starting a library could be a nearly impossible thing what with most the kids just doing what they want. "Oh hey this book's paper would do as toilet paper" or the like.

And while the library starts off as just a shelf of books we've seen that the library has a few more books than a single crate. This suggests that while the first crate might have been a lucky find, that he's been actively seeking out other books to expand the library. Getting to crates before others, making trades with the people that find the book crates before him, and in general keeping a monopoly on books.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I appreciate the accuracy of Linus straining to pull the crate of books to the cabin; I imagine this fact was reinforced during someone's recent RL move.
    There's a reason why moving cartons for books are small....

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Syntic wrote: »
    For a second I thought that the joke was that starting a library was a fairly tame thing, but then I see the look of terror in the last panel and I realize... starting a library could be a nearly impossible thing what with most the kids just doing what they want. "Oh hey this book's paper would do as toilet paper" or the like.

And while the library starts off as just a shelf of books we've seen that the library has a few more books than a single crate. This suggests that while the first crate might have been a lucky find, that he's been actively seeking out other books to expand the library. Getting to crates before others, making trades with the people that find the book crates before him, and in general keeping a monopoly on books.

Yeah.
    And this may just me be reading into it, but I have social anxiety disorder/general anxiety disorder (they’re both on my chart heh) and I wonder if Linus suffers from that? It can be absolute hell trying to do anything publicly and the idea of opening a place and actively trying to get people to come in and share and interact with them could seem scary as the Deep Woods.

• Options
    fadinginterestfadinginterest Registered User regular
    I absolutely love the detail on Linus's clothes when we get flashbacks of him. Slowly grows into his overshirt and it becomes his undershirt. Its so good.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    What's heartbreaking is Linus making his own small steps into the wider world. He had to find his own mission, which he might never have done by himself under adult pressure. One wonders how many Linuses are out there, still unable to find their feet and stand on their own.

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    It's a neat strip, because "ha ha, it's funny because he didn't really do all that much to start the library."

But it also works because all us Linuses know that he's underplaying, if anything, how brave he had to be to do that.

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    I adore Linus, even when he is hiding in his newly made library

• Options
    KempsonKempson Registered User regular
    Love it

• Options
    ZMBMNZMBMN Registered User new member
    wearing a Tshirt over a button down is sorta brave
    :P

• Options
    alvindraperalvindraper Registered User regular