As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

365 Days of Love

• Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok, really what I'm getting at here, is I'm getting sick of looking at all you ugly fucks.

Seriously, stop being so ugly.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • MossMoss Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nobody in this thread is ugly. What's your problem? It's obviously not a legitimate creative complaint.

Moss on
  • Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This seems like a cool idea, but I'm not a photographer. I do draw a self portrait almost every day though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Chop Logic on
    edited December 2007
    That's cool, why don't you post your drawn self portraits in here too. I mean, I'm not a photographer either. I only started thinking about photos when I started my 365.

Moss on
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    OK, I'm in. Here's Day 1, just me and the streetlights. I quit smoking today too, 27 hours since my last cigarette. 364 days of non-smoking and photographing to go..

2112632909_d78f46a32d.jpg

djFindus on
  • Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    We are all fugly. I hdred myself to demonstrate my bad pores. I also think ill do the 1 shutter release a day thing (for this comp).

002.jpg

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
    edited December 2007
    Moss wrote: »
    Nobody in this thread is ugly. What's your problem? It's obviously not a legitimate creative complaint.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited December 2007
    I really like the lighting in your day 1, Brick. I've been meaning to try out HDR for a while but I haven't got round to it yet.

Good luck on quitting, Findus.

Moss on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Forbe! wrote: »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jesus, just shut up already. You are not contributing anything to the thread, all you are doing is being a complete jackass.

Projeck on
  • biiirdmaaan!biiirdmaaan! Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Long-time lurker, but I figured I'd crawl out and give this a go. I just got myself a new camera, so this sounds like a good excuse to take it out and really play with it. It's not like I've taken anything of quality yet that I would share in the [PHOTO THREAD].

Anyway, here's my day 1 and 2 shots. I'd like some crits since I'd really like to get better at this whole photography thing.

001bm5.jpg

002vi2.jpg

EDIT: Tried the widescreen crop. I like it better.

0021fr7.jpg

biiirdmaaan! on
    edited December 2007
    I really like the second one, although it would probably benefit from a more 'widescreen' crop. Maybe.

Moss on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This was yesterday's. I had a final that I didn't feel too good about.

2112611838_5067571968.jpg

Virum on
    edited December 2007
    Projeck wrote: »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jesus, just shut up already. You are not contributing anything to the thread, all you are doing is being a complete jackass.

Cry more. I was contributing by voicing my opinion, then Moss didn't get I was joking, and like always, everyone takes everything so seriously, so why don't YOU bugger off. Sheesh.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited December 2007
    Projeck wrote: »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Cry more. I was contributing by voicing my opinion, then Moss didn't get I was joking, and like always, everyone takes everything so seriously, so why don't YOU bugger off. Sheesh.

Saying "No your idea is stupid" is not contributing.

Projeck on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Nah Moss, I don't take offense to the idea at all. I really like it, to be honest. I was just sort of musing.

Sami on
    edited December 2007
    I never said that, you simply CONJECTURED that. Listen, you wanna argue about this, message me about it. Otherwise, lighten up.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    moss i think this is a great idea, and an interesting way to get me to start taking photos!
    i will totally bite, i just need to get my camera from my ma's house.
    that's how little i use it.
    it's at my mom's.

beavotron on
  • erisian popeerisian pope Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pope 002:

IMG_1849.jpg

I dont ever shoot people. I don't have a flash or any real idea about lighting. I messed around with lighting for my first time tonight (I normally shoot nature stuff and let nature do the ligthing). I used a 3-LED flashlight thingy with a tube of printer paper taped to it towards the end and made this picture. It's generic (ooh! I'm a ninja) but overall I started to get my first feel ever for controlled lighting. This is something I'll read about for a while and then experiment with again. Already this is inspiring me to think about photography is a more "controlling the entire picture" kind of way.

erisian pope on
  • Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I think they are great. I like the Billiards one the most.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • TiniTini Slippy PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I will most definitely jump on this. If not during Christmas break then definitely as a new years resolution.

Tini on
    Do a barrel roll.
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This is an artsy growth of some original experiments of some guys who have been taking simple neutral headshots of themselves for years. The point was to see how you change over the years. Its been compressed into a manageable but still challenging goal of 365 days, and gave it the air of photographic experimentation to make it more fun than just "i shot picture" every day. Also, I suppose, you get to see artistic growth over the course of the year in addition to the physical.

NotASenator on
  • erisian popeerisian pope Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Virum - the tonal range in your pic is terrific. :^:

erisian pope on
    edited December 2007
    Day 29, still stuck inside taking boring pictures like this.

2115577222_9fed6c3283.jpg

This is my favourite tee.

Moss on
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Normally, I wake up and have a cigarette. Today, I woke up and took this:

2115649390_b85a69f74a.jpg

then I had a cigarette.. damn. but once in two days can't hurt, too bad I have now extended my period of chemicaly induced agony with another 72hrs before my body is rid of this poison.

djFindus on
  • LissachoaLissachoa Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ah, day two...

Picture058.jpg

seriously, I really need to start trying.

Lissachoa on
    why.jpg
  • CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm really liking the medium you are exploring here, Lissachoa. I think that webcam is a vastly under-rated option for artistic self-expression, and here you've used it to its utmost potential. I particularly enjoy how you've utilized the blurriness to complement the uniformity of your single skin tone, as well as make the black eye make-up really "pop." I also get a sense of depth from the bit of corner we can see off to the side! The third dimension really lashes out at me like a cornered tiger.

You also look pretty familiar. Are you on DeviantArt by chance?

CheerfulBear on
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Day 2 and 3, I'm not really content with either so hopefully something else comes up today for me to photographically exploit in the name of art.

2115161579_5f1a0da7b7_m.jpg

2115158459_743a8ba151_m.jpg

Veritas on
  • QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You've inspired me to get into this Moss, once I'm done with finals I'm going to get right into this

QuestionMarkMan on
  • LissachoaLissachoa Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm really liking the medium you are exploring here, Lissachoa. I think that webcam is a vastly under-rated option for artistic self-expression, and here you've used it to its utmost potential. I particularly enjoy how you've utilized the blurriness to complement the uniformity of your single skin tone, as well as make the black eye make-up really "pop." I also get a sense of depth from the bit of corner we can see off to the side! The third dimension really lashes out at me like a cornered tiger.

Thanks, the camra I used is very old actually, Ididn't add any effects, that's just how it came out but thank you just the same.

Also, Yes, I am Lissachoa from deviantART, I came here to get some ousider opinion on my art work.

Lissachoa on
    why.jpg
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    :lol:

Virum on
  • eithneeithne Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    this is a great idea, i'm in!

day1
    IMG_4652_2.jpg

eithne on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    started a day early since I was bored

day numero uno

day1.jpg

Prospicience on
  • CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This sounds somewhat interesting.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cool shot Pros

I like your lighting. I'm guessing its just available light or did you modify it in any way?

Veritas on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Veritas wrote: »
    Cool shot Pros

I like your lighting. I'm guessing its just available light or did you modify it in any way?

Thanks man, yeah I just used available: used a household lamp, and then a really bright light my mom uses for painting (the bright light I reflected off of a blue poster best as I could).

Prospicience on
  • saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
    edited December 2007
    saltiness wrote: »

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

it is

Projeck on
    edited December 2007
    Che?

CheerfulBear on
    edited December 2007
    Bear, please stop calling peoples work stupid.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited December 2007
    Whoa, what's with all the hostility I'm encountering here? I always try to offer something and get shot down like a BF109. I'm going back to DeviantArt where they actually have some fucking class.

CheerfulBear on