As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Thanksgiving] is the best holiday.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mmmmmm. Pie.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus I am so jealous of your stuffings. Can I get the recipe for the shrimp and oyster one?

Also doing a crawfish boil turkey is INSPIRED.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Help

I still don't have room for pie

I ate four hours ago.

There is always room for pie.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    The dinner conversation has moved to bitcoin. Help.

My dad also discussed bitcoin with a relative

I have no idea why

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    @TheRoadVirus I am so jealous of your stuffings. Can I get the recipe for the shrimp and oyster one?

Also doing a crawfish boil turkey is INSPIRED.

I'll have to poke mom for that but yeah def!

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    my mom and sister baked a total of five pies, we weren't able to even put a dent in the last two

also my dad made oyster stuffing, hellyea

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @jgeis
    From mom
    I package if Pepperidge farms seasoned stuffing mix bag
    1 lb shrimp peeled
    1 pint oysters chopped
    3 stalks chopped celery
    1 chopped onion
    1 chopped bell pepper
    1 bunch shallots chopped
    Garlic cloves pressed
    1 stick real butter
    Pepper
    1/2 pack of Tasso chopped

I sautéed onions, bell peppers, garlic, celery, Shrimp, oysters, Tasso till shrimp are cooked pink.
    Add this mixture to bag of Pepperidge farm stuffing and add shallots and liquid from cooking down shrimp and oysters and add additional liquid required from package. I use low sodium chicken broth . Drippings from turkey can be substituted if you’d like . Adds flavor .
    Add pepper and any additional seasoning you like and mix thoroughly. I add Mrs Dash garlic and herb seasoning to mine .
    Cook on 350* approximately 20-30 minutes. Covered with foil .

• Options
    Awesome, thanks so much!

I wonder where I could get some tasso in Los Angeles? There has to be a Creole/Cajun food specialty store somewhere.

• Options
    CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My Thanksgiving was called on account of illness, construction work, and confusion.
    I had a sinus headache yesterday that piled up and rolled over into today so I opted to stay home rather than probably multiply my pain and add nausea on top on account of how noisy it would inevitably be over at my aunt's. Mom and dad offered to bring some leftovers home for me so I accepted.
    Can't say I feel bad about missing out on the noise and likely also being misgendered at random by any of aunt's extended circle of friends and family.

Around 8pm I gave up waiting on them for dinner and ate this and that from what was handy - basically junk, because we currently have no kitchen in which to make a real meal.
    Mom and dad came home at 8:45. The leftovers were misplaced and did not come home with them.

I wonder if I could do what gets done to birthdays in this household and say "okay we're having Thanksgiving on a weekend instead" and get us to go to an Italian restaurant. I still want that ravioli, was looking forward to it.

Cromarty on
  • Options
    I just finished dinner and I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. The tri-tip I bought from Stater Bros and it was preseasoned with a "steakhouse seasoning." I cooked it a hair too long so it was medium well rather than my preferred medium but the flavor and texture was perfect.

Now it's time for ice cream.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

And for those of you in retail working tomorrow morning,

I feel your pain

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

And for those of you in retail working tomorrow morning,

I feel your pain

From the depths of retail hell, I laugh at your assuming I'm not at work right now

Or I would laugh, if my feelings hadn't died 6 hours ago when my shift started

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    I work tomorrow. But not retail. I need to a turkey powered nap soon to get myself ready

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oyster....stuffing?

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Hosted our first Thanksgiving today.

Protip: have a guest who likes to experiment with brining techniques who only lives four houses away bring the turkey.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's pretty common in terms of traditional stuffings.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

Huh! I guess I've only ever had oysters raw, so I can't even imagine what that'd taste like. Somehow I've never heard of it before.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    Hosted our first Thanksgiving today.

Protip: have a guest who likes to experiment with brining techniques who only lives four houses away bring the turkey.

We tried a fried turkey this year.

Going back to brined and roasted next year.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Since we had the big dinner two nights ago due to us both working today, we just had leftovers. And work wasn't that bad, except for I had to clopen from last night so halfway through the shift I started getting those huge yawns that make your eyes water.

Weaver on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cello wrote: »

Huh! I guess I've only ever had oysters raw, so I can't even imagine what that'd taste like. Somehow I've never heard of it before.

fry ye up some breaded oysters, woman. Or oysters kilpatrick.

• Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Did Thanksgiving at the girlfriend's parents house this year. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, and rolls. For dessert, pumpkin, apple, pecan, and/or lemon meringue pie. We're now outside at the fire pit and I'm fighting to stay awake. It was a good meal.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I roasted a turkey two weeks ago and then another one today. it's definitely the most direct comparison I've ever been able to make between fresh-never-frozen, unadulterated turkey and a frozen 'pre seasoned' turkey. despite pulling the preseasoned turkey at a lower temp and carving it in less of a random hack at it way, it was noticeably drier than the fresh one. SCIENCE. but the frozen turkey was free so I can't complain! it'll still make a+ leftovers

also had the rest of the cranberry sauce I made two weeks ago, box stuffing made with turkey fat and pan juices instead of butter and water, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry hard cider, ginger pear hard cider, and a custard apple pie with pecan streusel crunches on top

we went to Target because my husband has never done black Friday shopping and we're super broke still and they had a really decent tree for only $30... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm glad I wasn't any more toasted or I might have got into it with the ladies in front of us in line who kept wandering off to find more things, left random piles of cast off items, and kept running into us when they pushed past to get back to their spot

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

fry ye up some breaded oysters, woman. Or oysters kilpatrick.

Fried oysters make a damn fine sandwich

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My sister just used this peppermint/lavender hand lotion in the car and the smell is overpowering

I told her it's like a grandma farted a tree into my mouth

She is not speaking to me now

Shorty on
  • Options
    I went out to Best Buy to grab a couple of discounted Switch games and I thought going 4 hours after they opened would mean the lines would have died down, but nahhhhh. It's still a madhouse.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm never eating again

None of you can make me

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oyster....stuffing?

The real trick is finding the part of the oyster you're supposed to stuff it into.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    happy sammich day folks
    lp1o8fzyvdql.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    MY SANDWICH!?!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    we had a nice light breakfast of biscuits and gravy and I'm ready to sleep all day but we've got tickets for Coco

• Options
    MY SANDWICH!?!

SANDWICH?

SANDWICH MY NEMESIS!?

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Breakfast consisted of a sandwich of bread, swiss, crawfish turkey, swiss, baked turkey, stuffing, potato salad, mustard, and bread. So damn good.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    happy sammich day folks
    lp1o8fzyvdql.jpg

'Day After Thanksgiving' on slightly toasted bread is god-tier stuff. If a sandwich making genie appeared and offered me three choices, it's the one I'm eating while considering the other two picks.

Dark meat, thin potato layer, little bit of warmed-up gravy, maybe use the homemade cranberry chutney for spread this time . . . okay yep heading to the fridge.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am thankful for Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeting this stock image of a pie
    1odq4q9s1in6.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    MY SANDWICH!?!

MY

SANDWICH!?!?!?!?!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    MY SANDWICH(made earlier tonight): https://imgur.com/5LYYeZZ

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    God it's the night after and I am still full. Hrrggh.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I didn't know retail chains can press gang people