As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Any good PS+ deals I should think about getting today?

Edit: Think I found a good one, going to Target where it's $50 (not the $40 of others I know) but that'll qualify me for 20% off my next shopping trip where I'll probably buy $100 in steam and PSN gift cards.

Edit 2: Yup that was a good deal, grabbed some oreos to boot. I have two controllers but only one recharge cable and saw the charging station at Target while I was there for $15. Probably going to grab that when I get the cards or are there other options that are better?

Oh and bought Everybody's Golf at Rebox for $10+ tax, disc looks good. I'm sure I'll never get around to playing it. :razz:

Karoz on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    No flash sale on psn this year huh

• ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    No flash sale on psn this year huh

Doesn't seem like there's going to be one. I was holding out for some deals on some vita games, but I'll just get Horizon.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Bummer, I was hoping to get Uncharted 4 digitally. It's so weird that Lost Legacy is $20 on PSN but Uncharted 4 is $28, especially since they have the same MSRP and Uncharted 4 is an older game.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Is it worth it to get the protection plan for the PS4?

I have a launch day ps4 still and have moved across the country with it and have had no issues.

Up to you though. It is a big chunk of sensitive hardware .

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Bummer, I was hoping to get Uncharted 4 digitally. It's so weird that Lost Legacy is $20 on PSN but Uncharted 4 is $28, especially since they have the same MSRP and Uncharted 4 is an older game.

Do you mean same MSRP CURRENTLY? Lost opened at $40, not $60.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

I'm surprised that the Uncharted 4 price is that high.

I got it on the UK store for the equivalent of $23.50 (£17.49) during this sale and I got Lost Legacy pretty much exactly on the $20 mark (£14.99).

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Do you mean same MSRP CURRENTLY? Lost opened at $40, not $60.

Yeah, both have a current MSRP of $40.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Uncharted 4 is $10 used at Gamestop, sold out online though

Zavian wrote: »

Sure, but that's physical instead of digital.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Sure, but that's physical instead of digital.

True, kind of weird how PSN doesn't keep up with physical for older titles

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Whenever I pick up The Old Hunters for Bloodborne, even if it's on sale, it's likely to be more expensive than what I paid for the base game ($8 used).

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Is it worth it to get the protection plan for the PS4?

I have a launch day ps4 still and have moved across the country with it and have had no issues.

Up to you though. It is a big chunk of sensitive hardware .

I was going to go for it, but the version I was trying to buy on Amazon was fading in and out of reality and ultimately the offer of protection didn't show up the one time I was actually able to make the phantom purchase tangible. I hope mine is as reliable as yours.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Well didn't see anything on the Target coupon to indicate it doesn't work on some PS4 peripheries like a recharging station. Any reason to go for that instead of just some cable? I know if it isn't right it'll throw a fit/not recharge correctly.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Picked up Watch Dogs 2 since it's $20 in the sale, and I finished Wolfenstein.

Fun game to dick around in, but my god is it cringy... Unironic "we're super elite hackerz on the last line of defense for freedom" mixed with early season Big Bang Theory "Look at all the references we know! OMG we're so nerdy!" junk. Also, and this is more on me than the game, there's a bit of a disconnect between your actions and how Marcus is portrayed in the game. I don't really want to sneak around with the taser, so I just blow everyone away with a silenced pistol... all I get from my friends is "Good job downloading that movie script from the studio computer, Marcus!"

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Most of the fun I had in the game was stealthing via drone and RC car and (almost) never putting myself in danger. It's just really fun. And yeah, the character is never painted as someone who would use guns. I swear they were added because it's a big-budget Ubisoft game.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Damn confusing store entries. I picked up the Deluxe version of HZD, but found out the DLC wasn't included as I had assumed it was. Ah well, that's what I get for assuming. Now I just have to wait to play the whole thing until I have the DLC, but at least I picked up Prey for $15 bucks at Target, last day of the sale too.

All tolled, that's a lot of game time, TBH.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Most of the fun I had in the game was stealthing via drone and RC car and (almost) never putting myself in danger. It's just really fun. And yeah, the character is never painted as someone who would use guns. I swear they were added because it's a big-budget Ubisoft game.

Plus, you have plenty of non-lethal options to work with.

But ultimately, this is just a general complaint people have with all open world games. If an open world game restricted you to only actions that reflect what the main character would actually do based on the narrative, people would be shitting on it for not having enough freedom. The only open world game that attempted to deal with the narrative/gameplay dissonance was GTA5.

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Friend helped me get Everybody's Golf for $20 physical on Friday. Been playing it to unlock all modes so we can play online... I despise golf as a sport, but I love how well it translates to video games.

Swinging a real golf club is like playing video games. Holding both instruments is unnatural and eventually causes you physical pain swinging it around long term. At least IMHO.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Ok now let's talk Black Friday.

How is Steep? I was a big fan of SSX back in the day.

@Uselesswarrior As far as I can tell, I'm one of the few people here who ever played Steep, and possibly the only one who enjoyed it. So here goes.

It will disappoint if you have to pay full price, which you don't! It's really enjoyable for me, and I don't even touch most of the "sports" in the way they're intended. Wingsuit, paragliding, base jumping, etc are fun enough, but I really just use them to get around the map. For me, pulling up the map and warping around kills some of the... immersion? I guess it's immersion. I like to start at the top of the mountains and make my own way down, doing the official events only if they're on my route. The map is huge, and there's a lot to see and explore, so I rarely opt into the races or freestyle challenges.

Snowboarding is a ton of fun, but the skiing is what I like the most about Steep. The physics and controls are geared more towards realism than SSX, so it will take some getting used to if you're used to other snowboarding games, but you can still do plenty of outrageous things. I usually compare it to Skate, but on snow.

If you take some time to really master the turning and weight shift controls, just cruising around the terrain can feel really good, so you really need to use both sticks 100% of the time to get the full experience. Over the past year Steep has been my #1 game in terms of playtime, and with the exception of a couple marathon sessions I usually just put in about half an hour every other day or so.

I'd gladly pay $60 again knowing what I know now, so you can get a deal on it I'd jump on it. The game is a very satisfying, rewarding experience if you can get into it, and there's really nothing on the market that's like it.

Lastly, multiplayer sessions are a fucking blast, so if anybody ends up grabbing Steep please hit me up on PSN to shred some fresh powpow. Username is thewheelz

PSN: thewheelz
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Vaguely interested in Star Ocean: The bad one HD, but I think I'd die if I had to play through the first planet again.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Vaguely interested in Star Ocean: The bad one HD, but I think I'd die if I had to play through the first planet again.

I wonder if they plan on changing the trophies because they were the king of RNGesus. Like 350 to 450 hours is the expected platinum time.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Reposting @Stupid 's PS Plus lineup for December as it accidentally got posted to the old thread
    Stupid wrote: »
    December’s PS Plus lineup is:

PlayStation 4
    Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
    Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends

PlayStation 3
    Syberia Collection
    Xblaze Lost: Memories

PlayStation Vita
    Forma.8 (cross buy with PS4)
    Wanted Corp

Another Bad Month(tm) for me.

Good to see Sony is in the festive spirit of giving /s

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Darksiders 2 is really good though.

Ugh, what a lame month of PS+ :<

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    At least I don;t own any of those on PS4 yet.

I mean I don;t want them either but it's nice that it;s not a month of stuff I already bought 2+ years ago.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Bah humbug!

Darksiders II is great, but I already own it...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I didn't think I'd be saying this, but can we go back to indies?

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I also own Darksiders II.

It also broke hard with the Pro patch. I can't play it anymore because it violently crashes after a few seconds now, often times requiring me to get up and physically restart the console. And I was almost finished with the game too.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    First Kung Fu Panda game on 360 was surprisingly solid. I wonder if the next one is as well.

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    We need to start getting some cheese in here at the end of each month, to go with all this wine.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Ok I've been playing the Lego Harry Potter games with my 4 year old daughter because she watched the first 3 films and now has a craving.

So in the evenings, if she has been good, we play about 30 mins; what has been nice is that there really isn't a penalty for death.

However all good things must come to an end and we've finished it; so does anyone have any recommendations for me to play with my daughter? I'm not adverse to another Lego game (it would be nice to have a break), and she has been watching the little Star Wars shorts involving all the female characters so I was thinking of the latest Star Wars game (she would probably play any Lego game as long as she could pick a girl).

PSN Fleety2009
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

It also broke hard with the Pro patch. I can't play it anymore because it violently crashes after a few seconds now, often times requiring me to get up and physically restart the console. And I was almost finished with the game too.

Wait, broke on a Pro, or a vanilla? Cuz if they patched a game to work better on the Pro and it killed the vanilla console's ability to play it...

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Wait, broke on a Pro, or a vanilla? Cuz if they patched a game to work better on the Pro and it killed the vanilla console's ability to play it...

A launch day Pro for me. There are crashing/unplayable reports going back to the launch of the game on vanilla consoles, and from what little I found the Pro patch never really fixed that issue for people having them. I never had any issues myself playing the game. But then the Pro patch hit, and the game freezes hard after 2 seconds loading in. And these are hard crashes, because sometimes it doesn't blue screen auto shut down, and a few times the graphics hitched and started showing a checkerboard pattern. And rebooting the console from that triggered a database reinitialization (nothing deleted though). Quite frankly I was getting mighty worried that I could damage the console.

It was never a great port to begin with. But there are people out there on vanilla and Pro's that aren't having a problem. And I had no problem until the Pro patch. So just... be forewarned. Maybe the fact that it's a Plus game and will have a lot more eyes on it will mean the devs actually properly fix shit.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    We need to start getting some cheese in here at the end of each month, to go with all this wine.

no one's forcing you into the thread

How dare we be disappointed in a service we fucking pay for.

• DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

How dare we be disappointed in a service we fucking pay for.

Just because someone's sick of consistent repetition of an opinion does not mean they disagree with said opinion. Those are two different things. I agree with both of them. Specifically, the disappointing service bit, and the fact that lots of posts get put up each month that could have just as easily been scripted by bots, insert MONTH here and GAME LIST there...

camo_sig2.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Can someone script that bot for me please

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    King Fu Panda looks like a smash Bros knockoff, so no thanks there. I could maybe play Darksiders 2 again sometime... Really wish it was 1 though that was a way better game.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    King Fu Panda looks like a smash Bros knockoff, so no thanks there. I could maybe play Darksiders 2 again sometime... Really wish it was 1 though that was a way better game.

or the 1/2 bundle that's come out?
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4389-CUSA05347_00-DSFURYSBUNDLE001