As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    So, this has been tremendous fun, and painting it is also going to be great

DPYN37qVAAEZs7Z.jpg

Where did you get that? It's awesome!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    they had a booth at AusPax, and this is their site

it was too expensive to make an impulse purchase at PAX, but i kinda dipped into my savings because it was absolutely beautiful when I got to hold their version. It's just immaculately detailed.

Some annoying things about it, like the fact that the front ramp doesn't close properly, and it's got a few holes where there's just grating between the inside and outside rather than making sure the thing is sealed, but honestly, it's fantastic

edit: this is another company i'm obsessed with, and from whom i got the space tuk tuk

Lalabox on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Project scrib was like half a success
    There are definetly new panel lines but they are a bit rough

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Probably not going to blog the entire painting process, but I am very happy with this cockpit

DPc5OjoUMAEk3z3.jpg
    DPc5RTaUIAALb3h.jpg
    DPc5TvLUMAE-BhU.jpg

Still trying to figure out the right blue grey mix for the exterior. Haven't got it quite right yet.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    @H3Knuckles That other line that I was thinking of was Universal Unit. IIRC that was the follow on to Assault Kingdom. They seem like they are about HCM pro sized by they are less detailed, articulated pocket figures. I haven't picked any up but I may eventually because Assault Kingdom had some figures that were never made into MSIA, including from Unicorn. Bandai also made a huge Neo Zeong in that line.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    @Lalabox OK, that last batch of pictures cleared things up for me. From the other pictures it didn't look like there was anyway to get from the doorway into the seats, but with these I can see there's enough space along the side to walk past.

@NSDFRand Thanks for the heads up, but if I ever have the money to blow on stuff like that again I'd probably want a product line closer in features to HCM Pro rather than one closer in scale.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    For reference of what I was talking about in the previous post, here's the Assault Kingdom Neo Zeong. The other figures around it are ~3 inches tall I think.

43mlg3cthfva.jpg

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Good lord.

Is that a Sazabi or Sinanju riding in the middle of it?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    sinanju

the HG neo zeong kit also includes an entire HG sinanju

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    sinanju

sp2fu8etjffb.gif
    My god, they've finally found something to rival the HG (full) GP03 Dendrobium Gundam kit.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    sinanju

sp2fu8etjffb.gif
    My god, they've finally found something to rival the HG (full) GP03 Dendrobium Gundam kit.

Yeah it's also like 3 feet tall.

765875878.jpg

If I ever win some amount of money for some reason, I'm gonna buy that thing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So the Bandai A-Wing comes with a deathstar surface turret. I wish I could just buy these turrets separately as they would be perfect to use in the X-Wing Miniature game as terrain.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So the Bandai A-Wing comes with a deathstar surface turret. I wish I could just buy these turrets separately as they would be perfect to use in the X-Wing Miniature game as terrain.

Yeah.....
    ik8jn0gtq670.png

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    speaking of MSiA I still have that GM and Ball combo that I need to open and take pics of.

Brainleech wrote: »

Yeah.....
    ik8jn0gtq670.png

holy shit! I need this for my Star Wars room... badly.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Yeah.....
    ik8jn0gtq670.png

Yeah. Come on Bandai. Just let me order a five pack of these! They are on their own frames and even bagged separately. Make it happen!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    It'll be a P-Bandai release

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I decided to marathon the UC media in the background while I work on papers, starting with Unicorn because I've seen it the least times, and now I'm extremely tempted to order some gunpla on Amazon.

But at home I have the RG RX78-2 and Zaku II waiting because I never got around to building them this past summer. Still, I'm tempted to add some gunpla on Amazon to my wedding registry.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So it's my last day working at the bar, and the owners got me some going away presents. . .
    vo2ol69mr9ow.jpg

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    In my continuing love of random Zaku variants I saw that there is something called a Zaku Half Cannon that is new. I want it.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    edit: wait im an idiot

edit2: Let me fix this by giving you an Acguy:

GNcsTFO.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Also I know nothing about Blue Destiny but there is a new Unit 1 that is based on the newer GM Ground type kit and looks pretty neat. I wonder if there will be a new RX-79 Ground Type since the Unit 1 is supposed to be a modified one of those?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    In my continuing love of random Zaku variants I saw that there is something called a Zaku Half Cannon that is new. I want it.

There are a lot of really cool Zaku variants in the MSV stuff. A version of the Cannon showed up in Unicorn and there was a "special" Zaku II set released in the US and Japan in the MSIA line that included a backpack to turn the Zaku into the Half Cannon (as well as a Magella, Dopp, and Luggen). I have a handful of the backpacks from buying up lots and will be posting some more pictures while I'm home this break.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    NSDFRand wrote: »

There are a lot of really cool Zaku variants in the MSV stuff. A version of the Cannon showed up in Unicorn and there was a "special" Zaku II set released in the US and Japan in the MSIA line that included a backpack to turn the Zaku into the Half Cannon (as well as a Magella, Dopp, and Luggen). I have a handful of the backpacks from buying up lots and will be posting some more pictures while I'm home this break.

DID YOU SAY ZAKU VARIANT?!?!

drMfHyl.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A.N.I.M.E 0080 Zaku FZ revealed in teaser image for the Alex:

img)

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Those exhaust ports on the lower rear of the unit...

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Those exhaust ports on the lower rear of the unit...

The placement of those thrusters is... unfortunate

Gundam0080ep6f.jpg

edit: let me find an image thats not tiny hold on
    edit2: whatever, you get the point.

but if it didnt have them nerds would freak out about inaccuracy.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    A.N.I.M.E 0080 Zaku FZ revealed in teaser image for the Alex:

img)

merry christmas

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Slightly different angle reveals hamburger effect:

MvOzDAp.png

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Been watching 08th MS Team again. I really like the darker colors on the Gundam Ground-Type. The backpacks are cool too. Kind of want to get a gunpla of it.

I also forgot how cool Karen is and how awesome her big hair is. Also, still love Aina.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm finally getting around to detailing out my MG Full Armor Unicorn Ver Ka and my god, there are at least 500 stickers/dry transfers to apply. For example, each of the 3 shields requires 19 stickers, with 1 requiring two extra.

Also, I painted up the Grimgerde in a color scheme of dark and light purple that my wife picked, and man it looks good. I need to ask her to take a pic tomorrow when the sun is out.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Do any of you guys know where custom gunpla peeps get all those sweet decals

Need me some caution labels

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    A gundam dude I follow on yt, ZakuAurelius, swears by www.samueldecal.com

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Do any of you guys know where custom gunpla peeps get all those sweet decals

Need me some caution labels

Bandai makes 1st party Waterslide decals for many of their miniatures and have some generic decal sheets for factions. Dai Long typically called D.L. makes decals out of China that are good quality. Samuel Decal does custom work, but is pricey.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Guys if I had a people in Japan able to pick stuff up for me, what would be a good site to get bandai stuff that I could point to and say, go to this store but this and it will cost $xxx (well yen, but you know)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Blake T wrote: »
    Guys if I had a people in Japan able to pick stuff up for me, what would be a good site to get bandai stuff that I could point to and say, go to this store but this and it will cost $xxx (well yen, but you know)

Mandarake for starters.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=00&keyword=hg+gundam

I put a generic search term in there to get you started. It should have which specific store a product is being sold at listed on it's product page (keep in mind Sahra is a warehouse and not an actual retail location).

There's also a Gundam specific store called Gundam Front (or something like that).

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Basically every other store you walk into in Akihabara will have some gunpla

They even sell gunpla inside Narita airport

• Options
    edited November 2017
    pretty much yea, but mandarake has the ability to let you see the stock of each of its retail locations, so he can go to his people in Japan and say "go here and you'll be spending x amount for x item".

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I would be interested in posters/friends of posters travelling to Japan willing to check out Gundam MSIA in the stores they are already going to. The prices are much lower than they are in the US and Ebay has become very, very slim. And I still have some gaps in my UC stuff.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I would be interested in posters/friends of posters travelling to Japan willing to check out Gundam MSIA in the stores they are already going to. The prices are much lower than they are in the US and Ebay has become very, very slim. And I still have some gaps in my UC stuff.

Have you checked Amazon Japan for stuff?

• Options
    edited November 2017

They also have a good selection of MSiA stuff:

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/listPage/serchKeyWord?keyword=MS in ACTION!!/MIA

And you can order it directly to your house in the US, no proxy service needed.

edit: this is where I get all my MSiA and Fix Figuration stuff.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
This discussion has been closed.