As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Thanksgiving] is the best holiday.

1235»

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    I didn't know retail chains can press gang people

It's a little known bylaw

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Wearing a red sweater in Target is like wearing a large target on your chest.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    On the one hand, fuck you, no, get away.

On the other hand, man, it’s the holidays I should really pitch in and help these poor people out.

I think the vacillation between fear of working retail, anger at being asked, and genuine sympathy and desire to help out might tend me in twain.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'd just leave the store?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

they keelhaul you if you try that, retail maritime law is fucked up

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wore a blue shirt to a target and got accosted by another shopper who wanted me to get her something from the back and got mad when I refused.

It was a giant bomb shirt too. Like. No?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

And your Twitter joke would be left on the shelf

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I wore a blue shirt to a target and got accosted by another shopper who wanted me to get her something from the back and got mad when I refused.

You're fired.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

That reminds me. I miss my flight club shirt. It ripped under the armpit and not just the seam either... They must have used cheap fabric. Eh it was a size to small too since nobody makes printed tees in 4x (it sucks not being able to buy band shirts because I'm fatter than most metal fans.)

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    It pays to be the only person in your family who prefers dark meat. I ate a leg on Thanksgiving and got to take the other one home with me.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Don't go to Target wearing red, don't go to Wal-Mart wearing blue.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »

You're fired.

Good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    is there a Christmas thread yet, I need a place to tell @Lost Salient that I am watching Gremlins for the first time in decades and this movie is super terrible and she was very right

this kid is straight up torturing a screaming fuzzy animal because it looks neat when it multiplies

cabsy on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    is there a Christmas thread yet, I need a place to tell @Lost Salient that I am watching Gremlins for the first time in decades and this movie is super terrible and she was very right

this kid is straight up torturing a screaming fuzzy animal because it looks neat when it multiplies

I'll make one come December 1st!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Don't go to Target wearing red, don't go to Wal-Mart wearing blue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utkkXCF8ZVc

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    It pays to be the only person in your family who prefers dark meat. I ate a leg on Thanksgiving and got to take the other one home with me.

Who got the last one?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    day two.

final leftover wrap.

first was had with Caesar dressing.
    second with a balsamic mint sauce that i wish i could drink
    final with blue cheese dressing

verdict: balsamic mint is the way and the light.

and all my stovetop stuffing is gone and i am sad.

but the remaining leftovers get turned into chicken and mushroom udon soup for dinner.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    day two.

final leftover wrap.

first was had with Caesar dressing.
    second with a balsamic mint sauce that i wish i could drink
    final with blue cheese dressing

verdict: balsamic mint is the way and the light.

and all my stovetop stuffing is gone and i am sad.

but the remaining leftovers get turned into chicken and mushroom udon soup for dinner.

I'm going to the store tomorrow and am going to make a point to get more stuffing ingredients. I didn't have nearly as much stuffing leftovers as I wanted. Time to make a new batch.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Flan is very magic resistant.

Have you tried Flantasy Flan?
    https://youtu.be/TmMTvscRBkw

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Stuff we made for Thanksgiving:

Spiced cranberry sauce: This year I wanted to try and get a little fancy with the cranberry sauce so I found a recipe with a bunch of spices, and a little bit of rum, and my gosh I think this may be the best dang cranberry sauce I've ever had.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/11/sauced-spiced-cranberry-sauce-recipe.html

Itvu9Fk.jpg?1

Smoky orange tofu: I mainly like to make this because it is pretty. But also it is tasty. http://www.isachandra.com/2016/12/sweet-smoky-glazed-tofu-ham/

PJGLN81.jpg

Veggies:

GagaeSS.jpg

A Tofurkey ham and a Field Roast Celebration Roast - I think the ham is a brand new Tofurkey product. Both good!

G70iNmR.jpg

A vegan pumpkin pie and a bourbon pear pie: Both tasty. The date-nut crust for the pumpkin pie is so dang good. The pumpkin pie maybe doesn't hold its shape as well as your average non-vegan pie but that's OK. https://minimalistbaker.com/creamy-no-bake-pumpkin-pie/ - http://www.birdsblack.com/bourbon-pear-crumble/ (The filling for the pear pie came from that recipe... but for the crust we cheated and used two store-bought crusts, instead of making homemade crust/crumble.)

LD6fJ9y.jpg

Mulled cider - very yummy: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/mulled-cider-recipe-1943275

SMvDnxg.jpg

edit: oh and almost forgot the stuffing. I think fresh sage makes a difference: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/11/best-vegan-stuffing-thanksgiving-recipe-vegetarian.html

cWNeMXT.jpg?1

wandering on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Roast chicken miso udon was a hit tonight!

Even with the baby.

I forgot to take photos!

But chicken stock from the leftover chicken from Friday, add in fresh white mushrooms and fresh shitake. carrots, onion, celery. a bti mroe chicken stock forma carton cause I didn't make enough.
    a little bit of soy sauce, a bit of fish sauce, some of the sriracha from the bottle in the back of the fridge. No I have no idea how old it is. BUt it still has some fire to it.
    A pack of individual miso ready to eat.
    Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 20 minutes
    Chop off the florets of 1 head of broccoli
    Clean and prepare one bunch of bok choy
    clean, de-string one large handful of snow peas.
    Put on medium size pot of water to boil.

After 20 minutes simmering, add broccoli and leftover chicken into the soup. Add in some sesame oil.
    once your other water is boiling put in one serving of udon and half the bok choy and half the snow peas
    Cook for 2.5 minutes
    Strain and put into a bowl.
    Ladle over whatever you want from the soup over the noodles.

Repeat with making the other packet of udon, bok choy, and snow peas.

Enjoy