As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I really hate the BGG base sometimes.
    (Skootur)

It's Matt from Space Cats Peace Turtles. I'm messaging you today because you've been one of our consistent posters on SCPT forum threads and I needed to reach out to as many members of the team as I could.
    Last week, just before the release of TI4, BGG decided it would no longer allow us to post our discussions into the General TI4 forums. They see it too much as promotion for ourselves, and less of what we see it as: the vehicle for all the exciting conversations we've had over the past ten weeks.
    Instead, we saw no input from the influx of new users to our forums, and instead have been bogged down in threads about "is TI4 worth it?" and "I didn't get a preorder bonus from my FLGS."
    We want to keep having conversations with you all, but we have to change how we do it. The BGG admin's instructed me to start a Guild, and this is where we first need your help. I'm not extremely well versed in BGG, but I know I need 10 gold to start a guild. I can only get this through adding content to the site, but the forum posts and Podcast content provided so far does not count. We're still trying to get our podcast listed on the BGG database, and hopefully this will help this process, but in general BGG seems to be more keen to hinder our independent podcast than help it.
    This message is getting long, so I'll get succinct: If you want to keep taking part in our conversations, you'll have to join us over on reddit.com/r/twilightimperium. The moderators there have been incredibly welcoming and enjoy letting our conversations flourish. Until we can get over all of these hurdles BGG has put in our way, reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and email are the only ways to join in the conversation. We're so sorry this is the case, and we hope you'll bear with us.

Thanks,
    Space Cats Peace Turtles

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they mentioned something about that on the podcast, and it is beyond stupid.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Activity Log

Winnu plays Flank speed. Activate Winnu system. Carrier from Lodor With both Fighter and the GF moves through Zohbat and pick up another GF than goes in to Winnu. From Zhobat both Dreadnoght (1 carrying a GF the other carring a fighter) and a Cruiser move to Winnu and finally the drednought and GF from Thibah move in too.
    Creuss plays skilled retreat
    2 winnu dreads damaged. Creuss loses 4 fighters. Winnu loses 4 infantry. Creuss loses 2.
    L1z1x Activate the Bereg-Lirta IV system. (TP 1 --> 0). Exhaust Bereg (5R), Saudor (2R), Tar'Mann (1R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 1 Super-Dreadnought II (4R), 1 Cruiser (2R), 1 Destroyer (1R), 2 Fighters (1R), and 2 Infantry (1R) at Bereg.

Creuss plays Construction.
    Creuss Place 1 PDS on Creuss. Place 1 PDS on Arnor.
    Jol Nar Take the secondary and build a space dock on Sakulag
    Arborec take secondary. Place PDS on Centauri.

Jol Nar Play L1z1x promissory note: Cybernetic Enhancements- Remove 1 token from the L1z1x player's strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your strategy pool. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Activate Abyz/Fria.Move in the Dreadnaught and 1GF from Jol Naar.Land the GF on Abyz

Arborec activate Nebula. Move Carrier + 2 fighters + 1 infantry from Corneeo into Nebula.
    Move Carrier + 2 fighters + 1 infantry from Quann into Nebula.Move Dreadnought from Quann into Nebula.
    Spend 1 trade good and exhaust Qucen'n and Quann. Build two one infantry and a Dreadnought in Nebula.

Winnu plays Leadership. Exaust Torkan, Mellon and 1Tg for 5 command token, 3 Tactic, 1 Strategy, 1 Fleet (should be 4/6/3)
    Arborec exhuast Centauri, Rarron, and Corneeo and 1 TG. 2 Tactics, 1 strategy.
    Jol Nar exhaust Arinam and Meer. 1 strategy and 1 tactics
    Letnev Exhaust Mehar Kull, the 1/1(New Albion), and Vefut II. 1 Strategy, 1 Tactics.
    L1z1x exhausting Dal Bootha (2I), Lirta IV (3I), and Xxehan (1I). one counter to each of Tactic Pool and Strategy Pool.T/F/S 0/4/0 --> 1/4/1

L1z1x plays Politics. Claiming the Speaker token. One agenda card on top, other to bottom.
    Creuss plays
    Winnu plays

Jol Nar plays Trade. +3 TG. Refresh.
    Winnu free refresh
    Creuss free refresh. Jol Nar cashes their trade note in.
    Arborec free refresh. Jol Nar cashes their trade note.
    Letnev refresh (-1 S)

Arborec activate the alpha wormhole between Jol-Nar space and Cruess space. Move Cruiser and Destroyer from the empty space tile above Jol-Nar to the Alpha Wormhole.
    Give Arborec Trade Agreement to Jol-Nar.

Letnev plays ghost ship. Destroyer to Winnu wormhole.

Winnu Activate Mellon/Zohbat. Exaust Zohbat and Teq'ran to buy a dreadnought, 2 fighter and 2 GF.

edited November 2017
    Round 4 - Action Phase

Map
    pMrPbRBm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 2
    Hedgethorn - 1
    Brody - 2
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney **Speaker**
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    DUw8UYy.png

Elvenshae
    4 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    AL1wxIg.png

Mojo
    6 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    AZT2Sl5.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Committee Formation- Law- Before players vote on an agenda to elect a player, the owner of this card may choose a player to become elected instead.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    6CxR2fT.png

Brody
    6 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Coyzg0h.png

Preda
    3 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    WaLp1eq.png

Preda Leadership 1
    MrBlarney Politics 3
    Elvenshae Construction 4
    Mojo Trade 5
    Hedgethorn Technology 7
    Brody Imperial 8

MrBody on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Yeah, nothing left that I want to do this round. Pass turn.

Action is on @Elvenshae.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    You skipped on of my actions. Just before leadership, right after Nebula.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/38649776/#Comment_38649776

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I’ve already passed. Action to @Mojo_Jojo

@MrBody

My forces retreated to the wormhole on the main map, north of Sakulag, not to Creuss. Retreating to Creuss violates my fleet limit.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Activate Wellon
    Exhaust Abyz and Nar for five resources
    Build a Dreadnaught (4), two gf (1) and two fighters (free from saween tools)

@Hedgethorn is able to make a PDS shot on the original fighter in that system.

And then your action Hedgethorn

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    There should be one less gf on Zohbat and one more on Mellon.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Pass.

@Brody, your turn.

Imperial, gain 1 VP

I'd @ everyone, but it's hard from the phone.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Spend a strategy token to gain a secret objective

This feels like such a punt
    Brody wrote: »
    I'd @ everyone, but it's hard from the phone.

Pfff, I think most of my turns have been via phone (nobody point out all the mistakes)

@Hedgethorn @Elvenshae @MrBlarney @Preda

edited November 2017
    fixed Creuss fleet and Letnev move in last update (and Winnu infantry)

MrBody on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Spend a token, draw a secret objective.

@Brody you can also claim a public objective if you wish

also, @Brody there was an issue where I have you as having researched infantry II but I think you mentioned you never researched it. Did you ever get it off of Jol-Nar's research treaty?

I have never had Jol narrs agreement, and don't have the pre reqs to research it myself.

Oh, also, Preda, would you be interested in trading commodities? 2 for 2?

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm gonna need this. PLAY on the Imperial Secondary (SP 1 --> 0), drawing 1 Secret Objective card. (1 --> 2 unscored in hand)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Excange 2 commodities for 2 commodities with LetNev. Pass on taking a card I can't score.

@Preda only public objectives cannot be scored while a homeworld is occupied.

edited November 2017
    Sure, why not?

Play the Imperial secondary.

Elvenshae on
    edited November 2017
    I'll grab the Spend 5 Trade Goods objective and pass things along.

I believe at that point everyone but @Mojo_Jojo and I have passed.

Brody on

@Preda has not yet passed his tactical phases.

He can also change his mind on taking a secret objective, now knowing that you can still score them with an occupied homeworld.

OK, Let's Take the secondary instead, than preemptively pass for my turn.

MrBlarney and Elvenshae have both passed making it my action

Activate Jol Naar system
    Move the one GF from Naar to Jol
    Build two carriers (3x2), two fighters (1) and two GF (free from saween tools)
    Pay 7TG

Even with my fancy new spaceports, I just don't have the production capacity to get a fighter screen up and running

@Brody for the next action
    Also did you claim that objective as part of your imperial action? Or is that a preemptive of the status phase? I'm a bit confused about why it happened after the card play

I claimed it as part of the imperial card.

Hah hah hah ... Hahah ahahahah!

You guys. This secret objective I just got?

You don't even know. :D

Elvenshae wrote: »

Is it "Lose your home planet"?

Although I wouldn't worry too much. Mojo has to realize that he is vastly outnumbered by Arborecc and pillaging the neighbor will leave him rather exposed.

Also pass

@MrBody to do the status phase

Is it the win a battle with your flagship one? It is, isn't it?

edited November 2017
    Brody wrote: »

Is it "Lose your home planet"?

Although I wouldn't worry too much. Mojo has to realize that he is vastly outnumbered by Arborecc and pillaging the neighbor will leave him rather exposed.

Unfortunately, Mojo's got the Plant's Cease Fire, which makes it at least a 2 Tactical counter cost for them to invade. And, of course, Arborec's still cozying up to my planets. I suspect they'll end up just dividing them up between them.

Also, HEY, WAITASECOND ...
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Activate the alpha wormhole between Jol-Nar space and Cruess space.
    Move my Cruiser and Destroyer from the empty space tile above Jol-Nar to the Alpha Wormhole.
    Give Arborec Trade Agreement to Jol-Nar.

I should've been able to take a PDS shot here, since I've got a PDS2 in the Arnor-Lor system.

@MrBody / @Hedgethorn is it too late?

Elvenshae on
    @Elvenshae Sorry, Cruess; I wasn't trying to slip that one by you. I didn't see you had PDS 2.

I think it's only fair to let you take a shot, unless @MrBody objects.

Yeah, I didn't think you were. :D

So the Imperial card and Jol-Nar's 2 build actions were the only things done after the update. I don't think we need a new update to proceed but let me know.

@Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae @MrBlarney @Preda @Hedgethorn @Brody to claim objectives

edited November 2017
    Spend 8 production for the objective, exhausting Arc Prime, Wren Terra, and Starpoint

Brody on