As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Miss Universe National Costumes: The Cosplay of Nations 2017 (NSF56K)

CambiataCambiata Commander ShepardThe likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
edited November 2017 in Social Entropy++
Yes it's that ode to nationalistic frenzy, that pageant of patriotic posturing, the Miss Universe National costumes competition, the only holiday I still celebrate.

It actually hasn't happened yet, because for the first time I got the drop on it. It's supposed to be streamed live here in about 18 hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzji05zubSc

get your popcorn.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
Cambiata on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    sx8fe3c95vsg.jpg

Heck yeah

• Options
    edited November 2017
    n9gv33jtfpwr.jpg
    gipqh4f9chka.jpg
    8lkt2axefxqv.jpg
    ct455g3v03an.jpg
    these are so god damned good

Edit:

v3frn88cbrm8.jpg

Brolo on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    4need2rptmpm.png

kv1pa2m8o7j1.png

Why be the princess when you can be both the castle and princess in a sensible manner
    f2fv4ugsjcd4.png

f7eijul3t41h.png

qqr84jybh2m5.png

• Options
    Miss Vietnam would like to remind you this organization does not tolerate failure
    fwneqdj8gnie.png

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Miss Sri Lanka would like to remind Miss Vietnam to step off.

0nRQaoO.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Dang, that Vietnam would make a great fantasy important NPC

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Dang, that Vietnam would make a great fantasy important NPC

She looks a bit like a Gym Leader.

• Options
    They brought their own rides
    6t2z0xsl2i2n.png

hwp4rdqhdvr0.png

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Canada just looks, by and large, pretty comfortable.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    My two favorites from past years remain: Miss Peru's ode to vengeful godhood

Nq7ztmK.jpg

And Miss America's ode to giant robuts

lDa0Yzu.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Optimiss America Prime

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2017
    It's happening.gif!

Cambiata on
  • Options
    These hosts are the worst.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Albania's wearing a chainmail bikini top lol.

FbVJs0g.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    ok, Angola's bringing it with the feathers. Not bad.

zatklua.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Yo I wish the light was better on these and that the hosts were dead.

• Options
    Seriously, what's with the dark ass lighting? Hosts were you not aware this was a visual program.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Aw yeah Aruba. Glitzy ass swimsuit with a doublewide flag attached to the back.

jnL0tsY.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Austrailia opera house: ok, could have been more over the top though.

yxPJeSv.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Austria thought she was going to a funeral. (nice historical nod though)

XL0KGmN.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Wow that is dark, Austria.

yoooo bahamas

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    ba-hummus

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Bahama is like, "this show is about vaginas. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it."

q3FUysB.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Just a row of feather ladies at this point.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    The youtube video is broke for me, sadly.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Ah yeah Brazil cosplaying as River Daughter/Sexy Goldberry.

odSZkry.jpg

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Lazy Bulgaria. You can't just carry the national flag out and call it good. At least put some sequins on that shit.

WN1hHf5.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    British Virgin Islands throwing dark this year.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options

The embed doesn't work for me, I am watching on youtube.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    FUCK YES CANADA. LED SNOWFLAKE FTW.

YxaabkH.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    GOOOOOO CANADA, WHAT THE HELL THAT IS A MONSTROSITY YOU GO GIRL

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    more jrpg final boss dresses

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Cayman Islands I like the attempt, but if you're going to go parrot you have to wear the beak, not just float it over your head.

sWknQX0.png

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Chile showing you how to do a bird costume, yo.

jMiHMsB.jpg

Cambiata on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    China not even trying to lie about wearing lingerie.

C5ANufq.jpg

Cambiata on
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

The embed doesn't work for me, I am watching on youtube.

Yah, even going to youtube.com doesn't work. I'm betting I have some errant process running that is conflicting with the DRM for the live feed.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Yo I wish the light was better on these and that the hosts were dead.

Hahaha, this is horrible

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Ah, Costa Rica going for the vengeful god costume.

TTOwucF.jpg

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    This is my favorite day of the year.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Costa Rica is blinged the fuck out.