As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Miss Universe National Costumes: The Cosplay of Nations 2017 (NSF56K)

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    hey yo maybe don't talk shit about Uruguay's national bird.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    OMG. Yesssss. SCIENCE!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Fuck yes USA, SCIENCE

TZC8yj8.jpg

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    USA is a lot more demure than in previous years.

But I'm a fan of how clean it looks.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    USA that is amaaaaaazing, what was she spraying?

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'm just gonna bring my hairspray on stage

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    birds don't form herds. they're called flocks.

Real strong, facetious.

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    birds don't form herds. they're called flocks.

Exactly. Just like cows.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    Venezuela looks like a Battlebots robot.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Venezuela: MIRROR WARRIORS, TO ME! WE TAKE THE CITY AT MIDNIGHT!

YpQeVkU.png

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Yo Vietnam's got the sickest beats.

Real strong, facetious.

Lotta "animal heads on parts of my costume other than my head" tonight.

edited November 2017
    The true villains finally step out from behind the curtain.

Gvzbgul on
    Aw, that was it? Well, I'll post Tom and Lorenzo's write-ups when they put them out.

I declare Canada and Myanmar the winners.

I was disappointed with Myanmar in that it seemed to be on wheels, and less of an outfit she was wearing and more something she was pushing.

edited November 2017
    I think Thailand is the winner. But I missed the start. Life sized puppet + secret golden axe is a killer combo.

Gvzbgul on
    Canada's costume:

LaurenHowe-MissUniverseCanada-National-Costume-16-copy-762x1024.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm gunning for Namibia. Paper-mache horns and a sheet with a stencilled home-made conservation message? Hell yeah.

Psykoma wrote: »
    I was disappointed with Myanmar in that it seemed to be on wheels, and less of an outfit she was wearing and more something she was pushing.

You're right, Canada is better. Canada is the unqualified winner.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    The true villains finally step out from behind the curtain.

Hosting's a breeze, when you're high on some Es

Don't hold your breath, we've done too much meth

Bring on the pain, we're high on cocaine

Fuck the popo, can't you see we're loco

Shank you in the eye, I'm so fucking high

My mind's all a fog, did i kill a dog

give myself up to the cops, please god make it stop

Oh god what have I done, tonight wasn't fun

Guilt and remorse, also kissed a horse

Brolo on
    edited November 2017
    While waiting for write-ups, you might check out Tom and Lorenzo's write up of Heidi Klum's (probably NSFW) Jessica Rabbit costume. Warning: Do not look at this costume if you expect it to be sexy, your dreams will be crushed.

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2015/11/heidi-klum-is-jessica-rabbit-for-halloween/

Also not a write up, but just pretty-slash-kooky art: Spanish artist Ignasi Monreal illustrated Gucci's gift catalog (also probably NSFW):

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2017/11/spanish-artist-ignasi-monreal-illustrates-2017-gucci-gift-catalogue/

Cambiata on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Heidi Klum always does fantastic halloween costumes. And by fantastic I mean insane.
    halloween-costumes-heidi-klum-33-59eef43d072ef-jpeg__700.jpg

halloween-costumes-heidi-klum-47-59eef460dba9a__700.jpg

halloween-costumes-heidi-klum-32-59eef3a8db8a3-jpeg__700.jpg

halloween-costumes-heidi-klum-59eef618f2cbc__700.jpg

halloween-costumes-heidi-klum-16-59eef3d366f25-jpeg__700.jpg

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    They all look like Arc Sys characters.

tynic wrote: »
    Heidi Klum always does fantastic halloween costumes. And by fantastic I mean insane.

yes.

OrJ0xRY.jpg
    aXEb1LJ.jpg

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    OK just watched this thing. I think Canada does have it locked up. The USA science idea was cool but felt a little disjointed.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    This thread is useless without pics.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    This thread is useless without pics.

@valhalla130 I'm adding pictures to my previous posts as I find them online.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hmm Jrpg boss or Miss universe contestant..
    zxpvy8b7w13n.png
    uffrd4hnvztd.png

a7imfzalspfe.png

Mexico comes for your heart one way or the other

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Hmm Jrpg boss or Miss universe contestant..
    zxpvy8b7w13n.png
    uffrd4hnvztd.png

WoW player decked out in latest full raid gear

Brolo wrote: »
    Hell yeah Thailand axe AND ventriloquist act in one

Well Myanmar was the puppet
    fx94pf2jeh0w.png
    uhrc5tm37xo2.png

edited November 2017
    This page has photos of all the costumes this year:

http://missosology.org/miss-universe/47305-photos-miss-universe-2017-national-costume-show/

The thing that website doesn't include is the first half of costumes that transform, and it doesn't include the back side of any costume. So here's the back of Miss Indonesia's so you don't miss the monkey head:

AqUYncF.jpg

Cambiata on
    Bat signalling for those that may have missed the thread:

@Captain Carrot @Regina Fong @Jacobkosh @lonelyahava @Elldren @surrealitycheck @Hakkekage @Hahnsoo1

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    what's with the axes this year

aRkpc.gif
    ronya wrote: »
    what's with the axes this year

Axes are the new swords.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    China not even trying to lie about wearing lingerie.

C5ANufq.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBmShaSz7k

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Does video of this intro get posted at some point? I'd love to see how some of these move

Bucketman wrote: »
    Does video of this intro get posted at some point? I'd love to see how some of these move

You can watch the youtube video I posted at the start of this thread, it's got the whole show on it.