As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    And I have two more unbuilt tank models, three sentinels and another 10 Valhallans unassembled.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    After the jokes from Warhammer Space Marine with the Chapter creator. I kinda want one dumb legion to become canon. The Imperium Needs the Angry Marines. Always Angry!

Favorite dumb lore thing for that was they were sent to save a hive from the mistakes of their dumb governor. He was at the top of the hive. The company captain exited the ship and began screaming "Fuuuuuuuuuu" as he ran through cultists murdering all in sight. Upon reaching the governor he finished with a "uuuuck YOU!" as he kicked the governor in the dick out the top floor of the hive.

Considering we got guys with guitars that literally melt faces I don't think the Angry Marines take much to make cannon

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So how does Robooty feel about the Imperial Cult? Was he stasis'd before or after it became the state religion and completely ousted the Imperial Truth?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do like the idea of player campaigns changing the lore, but apparently GW still has "preferred" outcomes which is kinda stupid.

When I last played when they were doing a large push into the cadian system with chaos they basically let chaos win.
    The next year? in Warhammer it was called the afternoon sprinkle of chaos after they pushed the story forward to let chaos "win?" at the end

I feel these are what they looked to when they pushed the story forward into what we have now which is a good thing as it needed it

SharpyVII wrote: »
    There's some nice new box sets being released.

The Tau one contains:

An XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit, accompanied by 2 MV5 stealth drone field projectors;
    - 6 XV25 Stealth Battlesuits, accompanied by 2 Markerlight drones;
    - An XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team, comprising 3 Battlesuits (1 of which can be assembled as the experimental XV8-02) and 6 drones;
    - A Commander, who can be built piloting either the XV85 Enforcer Armour Crisis Battlesuit or the XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit variant, with an included drone.

This is £100 which by my reckoning is about a £50 saving.

I know but I would like to know more about this?
    7cejxbgb93a8.png
    I can only say what some of those minis are I have no idea what she is riding or what the large things are

The Tau I don't know can you play them with a lot of battlesuits or do you still have to take Inf?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    That could be Warhammer? Or a non-GW game.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is Ahriman still out there? Also is Magnus dead or just got his ass kicked?

Weaver wrote: »
    Is Ahriman still out there? Also is Magnus dead or just got his ass kicked?

Yes and yes

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    There's some nice new box sets being released.

The Tau one contains:

An XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit, accompanied by 2 MV5 stealth drone field projectors;
    - 6 XV25 Stealth Battlesuits, accompanied by 2 Markerlight drones;
    - An XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team, comprising 3 Battlesuits (1 of which can be assembled as the experimental XV8-02) and 6 drones;
    - A Commander, who can be built piloting either the XV85 Enforcer Armour Crisis Battlesuit or the XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit variant, with an included drone.

This is £100 which by my reckoning is about a £50 saving.

I know but I would like to know more about this?
    7cejxbgb93a8.png
    I can only say what some of those minis are I have no idea what she is riding or what the large things are

The Tau I don't know can you play them with a lot of battlesuits or do you still have to take Inf?

When Nagash came back during the end times of the Warhammer world he was on a quest to attain godhood. On part of that was going into the khemri underworld to kill their gods. The big guys in the back are khemrian angels he killed and turned undead.

But she is riding something that looks like it's built for the necrons

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Ahriman and Magnus kissed and made up, the Thousand Sons are a full legion again and recently beat up all the Space Wolves.

FC: 1435-5383-0883

Nagash couldn't let his commanders not ride around in style so he took a bunch of skulls, parts of dead monsters and stuff and made three of those "horses", as far as I remember

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I enjoyed making my inoerial guard army. Mostly just for cutting the models up and reposibg them tried to extensively convert every single guard member so they weren't just standing around in the same pose.

Crossed some leman russes with predators, and made a neat imperial truck from a blog by dave taylor

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    What's Ghazghkull up to these days anyway?

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    went to look up my old threads on dakkadakka, but all the photobucket links are dead or something. Might look into that at some point, and see what's still on my old account, and if the photos still exist. I made some cool stuff.

Really enjoyed making most of an empire and ogre army as well. Mostly the modeling part, and converting and reposing stuff, but I got good enough at painting to make things look pretty nice.

edit: looks like my photobucket account got deleted a while back or something. ah well.

Lalabox on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    After the jokes from Warhammer Space Marine with the Chapter creator. I kinda want one dumb legion to become canon. The Imperium Needs the Angry Marines. Always Angry!

Favorite dumb lore thing for that was they were sent to save a hive from the mistakes of their dumb governor. He was at the top of the hive. The company captain exited the ship and began screaming "Fuuuuuuuuuu" as he ran through cultists murdering all in sight. Upon reaching the governor he finished with a "uuuuck YOU!" as he kicked the governor in the dick out the top floor of the hive.

Considering we got guys with guitars that literally melt faces I don't think the Angry Marines take much to make cannon

Commissar Dan is canon now. It's getting closer.

Dancanon.png

Commissar Dan FYI is a loyal Imperial Subject with an intense desire to use Basiliks in close quarters combat against Chaos Dreadnauts.

manwiththemachinegun on
    Or in other words:
    Drive_me_closer_i_want_to_hit_them_with_my_sword.png
    A classic.

Last I heard, Ghaz left Armageddon to go join the Octarius battlezone and take part in the biggest meat grinder in the universe.

He fought Hive Fleet Leviathan and tore a Mawloc apart from the inside, the little scamp.

I felt how they wrapped up the Octarius warzone in the tyranid codex was kind of a let down

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    THE PRIMARCHS ARE BACK WTF?

. . . Is Leman Russ back? Because if not Gamesworkshop and everyone in this entire thread, including me, but especially me, can go straight to hell.

Magnus is back so people assume Russ will come eventually.
    oh SHIT

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So who's gonna win, the bugs or what

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Long story short, Leviathan got stomped. At least the main force did. The orks held their ground, so did the Blood Angels (Dante killed the Swarmlord), and G's relief Crusade and Khorne mopped up the rest.

Of course, other Hive fleets are on route to Terra, the threat is still grave, yada yada.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Imperial Guard basilisk "Ruptor Lubricosus"

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Long story short, Leviathan got stomped. At least the main force did. The orks held their ground, so did the Blood Angels (Dante killed the Swarmlord), and G's relief Crusade and Khorne mopped up the rest.

Of course, other Hive fleets are on route to Terra, the threat is still grave, yada yada.

Well how the non robot painted one of the fleets was well easier than it looked?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZDnj1peY8

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Nagash couldn't let his commanders not ride around in style so he took a bunch of skulls, parts of dead monsters and stuff and made three of those "horses", as far as I remember

I am gonna be so disappointed when Arkhan inevitably does not get one as a mount in Total Warhammer. I know he won't since he'll be a pure Tomb King LL and there has been no signs they'll do anything from the End Times, but I want my big dumb necromount.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    I kinda wish the Tyranids had some big threatening issue to make them a little more interesting. Even the Necrons, one of the other Super Duper Biggest Threats Ever, have their flaws and idiosyncrasies that make them unique and not as faceless as they used to be. Tyranids are just portrayed as this perfect force that can evolve past any problem. Well...give them a problem then! Maybe the rest of their big endless fleet gets cut off from the galaxy and they only have what’s available. Put a hook in there. There’s an infinite amount of bugs in the galaxy already, more isn’t going to change things much.

Iblis wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

I am gonna be so disappointed when Arkhan inevitably does not get one as a mount in Total Warhammer. I know he won't since he'll be a pure Tomb King LL and there has been no signs they'll do anything from the End Times, but I want my big dumb necromount.

I found other things for the undead I missed now I question why do I get that for my commander when I can have a pile of beetles!
    7y8mq2gp9scw.png

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Oh, god... edge highlighting every beetle's carapace...

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Oh, god... edge highlighting every beetle's carapace...

Well it's worth the effort on the leaders and large things in your army to take your time

edited November 2017
    Badablack wrote: »
    I kinda wish the Tyranids had some big threatening issue to make them a little more interesting. Even the Necrons, one of the other Super Duper Biggest Threats Ever, have their flaws and idiosyncrasies that make them unique and not as faceless as they used to be. Tyranids are just portrayed as this perfect force that can evolve past any problem. Well...give them a problem then! Maybe the rest of their big endless fleet gets cut off from the galaxy and they only have what’s available. Put a hook in there. There’s an infinite amount of bugs in the galaxy already, more isn’t going to change things much.

Nid fans are doomed to be disappointed, as since they don't have any real compelling characters, they'll be inflated in the fluff to an absurd degree, and then curbstomped just as quickly because they're ultimately dumb space bugs there as cannon fodder. They certainly aren't going to take down the Imperium by themselves.

I think the part I lol'ed the most at, is that Nid's magically recycle 100% of their biomass from battles given the chance. Meaning if a gaunt is killed, it will be reabsorbed and replaced 1:1 ideally. And anyone who knows the slightest bit about biology knows it'd be easier to hold the sun in your hands and play basketball with it.

In fact, all of the races in their fluff have "broken" aspects to their reinforcements. Daemons almost never die for good, Eldar and Necrons can make replacement bodies/wraiths, and the Imperium and Orks have such large populations they might as well be infinite, as it only takes a generation for all those losses to be wiped away. And that's not including things like Krieg's clone troopers.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    The inherent flaw of the Nids is that that the Orks are going to beat them along with everyone else, because nothing can ever defeat the Orks.

It's canon.

Maybe, in the 41st millenium, there is only eternal war. No side can ever truly win.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Maybe, in the 41st millenium, there is only eternal war. No side can ever truly win.

Hello Kitty
    6ipyf0xa9jzi.png

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

eternal war is a win win situation for the orcs

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular

The Golden Throne is breaking in a way that no one knows how to fix (I think that's still happening)?

So the Imperium is pretty fucked, unless big Rob the super ultramarine pulls his finger out and gets it sorted

• MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    yo are kroot still cool (the answer is yes)

l3icwZV.png
    Machwing wrote: »
    yo are kroot still cool (the answer is yes)

They really could use a release like the Harlequins got.

edited November 2017
    Karl wrote: »

The Golden Throne is breaking in a way that no one knows how to fix (I think that's still happening)?

So the Imperium is pretty fucked, unless big Rob the super ultramarine pulls his finger out and gets it sorted
    It's a bit like Schrodinger's Hypercube. At any moment, all factions can potentially catastrophically lose and also maybe win. Maybe the Emperor dies, and humanity dies with him. Maybe the Emperor ascends and kicks the Chaos God's asses.

My money is still on the Tyranids, because they don't really have a lose condition1 and they're a complete unknown so far as how big they are. The current fleets are considered only the vanguard of a potential larger force. My personal theory is that the Tyranids ate another galaxy and have crossed intergalactic space with a galaxy sized fleet. Making them the only intergalactic threat. (All other threats are from the Milky Way, even the Chaos Gods & the Eldar etc as ancient as they may be, come from the Milky Way2. And as far as space goes, the Milky Way is just one galaxy in billions)

1they don't really have a instant win condition either.

2though it'd be reasonable to assume that Rage, Lust, Plague etc are universal constants. Who knows? But it isn't Chaos invading the Milky Way. The Chaos Gods were born there.

Gvzbgul on
This discussion has been closed.