As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]: The Backlog does matter? Backlog Challenge spreadsheet linked top of OP.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    ! Thanks @Feriluce for Tacoma! I loved Gone Home and have been wanting to pick this up since it was announced! Can't wait to go through it and explore the lives of all the people in the game :D:D Thanks again! <3

Gv6PW1A.png

Stabbity_Style.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    12 is better than 6 has an infinite hotline miami arena called purgatory and its fun, but makes my fingers hurt.

Uninstalling.

thanks, @an_alt

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Poker Night at the Inventory 2: after losing 120,000 imaginary dollars, I have decided I am not good at

A) Poker
    B) Reading tells
    C) Risk-taking
    D) All of the above
    It has been retired, so, another game off the eternal backlog. Doing pretty good with this . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I just played through "Little Nightmares."
    ...holy shit. What a delightfully unsettling experience. And of all the gross, disgusting, unpleasant things in that game, I think the worst had to be...
    the masturbation room
    ...especially when you consider how hideous every single character in the game is.

EDIT - oh man, there is DLC!

vamen on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/NjIJqrct5T8

Huzzah, hot pepper gaming review. Good thing for sales

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Everybody go buy Battle Chef Brigade.

The concept for that game is way too awesome to let it go under the radar

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Everybody go buy Battle Chef Brigade.

The concept for that game is way too awesome to let it go under the radar

I second this. Not only is the concept great but the game's really fun. And the art and music are super charming.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    ...holy shit. What a delightfully unsettling experience. And of all the gross, disgusting, unpleasant things in that game, I think the worst had to be...
    the masturbation room
    ...especially when you consider how hideous every single character in the game is.

So... Child appropriate?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    vamen wrote: »
    the masturbation room

So... Child appropriate?

Depends on how bad you want to mess your kid up, I guess.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I grew up with The Brave Little Toaster, Watership Down and The Neverending Story and I turned out just fine!

Karoz wrote: »
    I grew up with The Brave Little Toaster, Watership Down and The Neverending Story and I turned out just fine!

Man, I don't know how any of us who grew up on Watership Down turned out even remotely sane.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Self-delusion is a skill.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Iolo wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Iolo wrote: »
    This just went on sale today. Sleepy devs? :)

<look down>

Anyway, looks interesting. Not many reviews (although lots of references to Jagged Alliance and Fallout Tactics from the few there are), and only a couple friends have it wishlisted.

One of the original people who worked on this game (though I don't think she was still there when it was finished) is the person who first brought it to my attention. She's now working with NASA and the new Australian Space Agency making space sim VR games that look amazing.

https://youtu.be/Xy2NMSXxuHE

Her name is Jennifer Scheurle and I've found her to be a very interesting person to follow on Twitter.

Oh yeah! She's the person that asked game devs on twitter to reveal their dirty game dev secrets and got a bunch of great responses.

signature.png

C'mon and get mutated, people!

@Corsini wins! Time to build your turn-based mutant arena fighting squad!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Mikey Neumann (Movies with Mikey, Scooter from Borderlands) cut the trailer for Battle Chef Brigade. All I know about it is that they have a knockoff of Chairman Kaga. That might be all I need to know.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award: Fallout: New Vegas. Just... wow. I still want to fire this one up and keep playing it. It's fun, and engaging. Fuck cazadores and deathclaws, though.

When one of the DLCs added abilities that did nothing but make you better at fighting cazadores I and many other people were very, very thankful.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Everspace has been pretty awesome so far, if someone was interested in a roguelike sitting between FTL and Elite: Dangerous. (Mine is a GOG.com copy, but still.)

Haven't gotten the expansion but the base game seems solid and challenging.

If I am terrible with aerial combat, am I going to have a bad time? I was not very good at E: D but sometimes I have that space! itch I gotta scratch.

Everspace movement is a lot closer to Descent than E:D (or any other space sim with near-Newtonian physics). It plays pretty well on a twin-stick controller too, so there's that.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Tried 3 games, retired 2: Gyromancer and English Country Tune.

This is apparently my wake-up call that I'm not the biggest fan of puzzle games. That said HuniePop is actually a solidly built Date-Sim-Puzzle-Game-With-Upgrade-Mechanics. Which really is probably what I like so much about it. It's a solidly built (even if entirely crass) game.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Mikey Neumann (Movies with Mikey, Scooter from Borderlands) cut the trailer for Battle Chef Brigade. All I know about it is that they have a knockoff of Chairman Kaga. That might be all I need to know.

Do want. I would be all over this if I had the budget. I love Iron Chef.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Tried 3 games, retired 2: Gyromancer and English Country Tune.

This is apparently my wake-up call that I'm not the biggest fan of puzzle games. That said HuniePop is actually a solidly built Date-Sim-Puzzle-Game-With-Upgrade-Mechanics. Which really is probably what I like so much about it. It's a solidly built (even if entirely crass) game.

Gyromancer is a weird take on the genre. It's not as intuitive as the normal match 3 setup.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I picked up Darkest Dungeon on a whim.

It is pretty okay! Seems like one of those weird games where a healer is super necessary if you take a healer and super not if you don't.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Tacoma is a great game.

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    hEY4bwT.png

Well, now I do. Thanks Corr <3

76561197966849367.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Played the first two episodes Of Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy game. I'm liking it so far. It reminds me a bit of the first season of Batman they did. It starts from a kind of understood character basis. They're pretty much the characters from the first film but the story feels like it has the potential to diverge from there and not be locked into its source material to the point of not being able to tell big stories. That felt like one of the big failings of the Game of Thrones game. The tech is still the same and has some jerkiness to the scenes as it plays the different layers out.

• CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    I entered two draws from @Iolo recently.
    bnj7j9.png
    Things are getting absurd. Thanks very much Iolo! I will kill other mutants in your honour.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Assassin's Creed Liberation beat! Just Unity to go before I can delve into Origin!

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wonder if Battle Chef Brigade is going to be one of those games where the Switch version outsells the other platform(s). That's where I have it, anyway.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I wonder if Battle Chef Brigade is going to be one of those games where the Switch version outsells the other platform(s). That's where I have it, anyway.

Same. That said, I'd buy it again if I had to if it let me do a local splitscreen battle mode, no matter what the price/platform.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So check out this rad thing. It's called Songbringer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivm5l7crQZg

It's so rad.

Drake on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am getting back into my Transistor game after years of not playing and... I do not remember how to play.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I am getting back into my Transistor game after years of not playing and... I do not remember how to play.

I only started playing recently and I still don't know how to play.

Of course I am a terrible gamer so results may vary :P

EDIT: I'm only 3 levels away from beating Doom 2016! I'm so close to actually beating a game this year!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I only started playing recently and I still don't know how to play.

Of course I am a terrible gamer so results may vary :P

EDIT: I'm only 3 levels away from beating Doom 2016! I'm so close to actually beating a game this year!

I'm in a similar boat! (though I did finally play through Bastion earlier this year). Based on overviews from other sites, I'd guess I'm less than 4 hours left in Stick of Truth (I stopped to side quest and I'm about to recruit The Girls).

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I actually had time to play something this weekend with my daughter taking an extended nap - I ended up just playing Enter the Gungeon for an hour instead of something new. Still crippled by the thought of jumping into something story driven.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I bought Dream Daddy

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Key for you! This is a Frozenbyte bundle key which includes the games Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Splot, and Jack Claw:

Loading...?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Key for you! This is a Frozenbyte bundle key which includes the games Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds: Survivor, Splot, and Jack Claw:

Loading...?

The Shadowgrounds games were pretty fun!

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I think this is a Frozen Synapse Steam key, but, it might not work, I don't know. It's wasted on me since I already have the game, so someone should try it and see if it works. Great game for sure though:

Loading...?

Code for Swords & Soldiers, I found this game thoroughly enjoyable and you will too(provided you like the side scrolly cartoon strategy thing)!

Loading...?

Speaking of side scrolling, HERE YOU GO GET TO JUMPING AND SCROLLING! Canabalt:

Loading...?

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I don't even have children and I haven't beaten many games in 2017.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Last one for now, game bundle of Avadon, Cogs, Snuggle Truck, and Zen Bound 2. Snuggle Truck is especially fun:

Loading...?

This discussion has been closed.