As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who's the best character in [Justice League]?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Superman
    Oh.
    Maybe?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    The Flash
    yeah the parademons in the justice league movie are one hundred percent reanimated corpses

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Superman
    Well fuck it then

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, they
    turn on steppenwolf because he smells tasty, so I'm not sure if they're supposed to have intelligence beyond an animals.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Flash
    It looked like they were made from living humans in that flashback

But maybe not

Reanimated dead would be fine, but I'm still deeply troubled by Batman's use of firearms in this movie, and also Ben Affleck sucked as an actor

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Aquaman
    The flashback very explictly shows
    A still living dude being turned into a Parademon, not a dead body

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Would it be ok for Batman to kill a zombie

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The Flash
    For most interpretations of zombie, yes

Specifically, mindless and incurable

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It depends how aware the zombie is

He never tries to kill Solomon Grundy.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    It depends how aware the zombie is

He never tries to kill Solomon Grundy.

You can"t kill Solomund Grundy. That's his thing.

• Options
    Parademons are just insect moop zombies

• Options
    The Flash
    Yeah, that's why I noted it. The most notable "zombie" in DC comics is Grundy, and Grundy doesn't really operate on traditional zombie rules. And Batman is firmly established as sharing a Thanksgiving dinner with him, not trying to murder him.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Aquaman
    Batman has fought and killed vampires before.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Weirdly I'm more upset by the notion of Batman using guns than Batman killing folk.

Giving decent writing and a story that earned it, I'd be okay with Batman offing someone in a desperate situation. It would actually be harder for me to accept him blowing out someone's kneecap with a 9mm.

• Options
    The Flash
    A lot of my love for Batman is based on his grand optimism, despite being, you know, the dark knight. He's eternally hopeful, he believes that every criminal is capable of rehabilitation and performing a valuable role in society. The majority of his villains are specifically sent to a facility that is, at least nominally, focused on treating and rehabilitating criminals, as opposed to punishing them (not that prison should be considered exclusively a form of punishment, but, well, it is what it is). Literally every single person he encounters is worth the extra time and effort to try to save, with no exceptions.

Or, well, that's the message I've always taken from it. I know this isn't necessarily something that's widely believed.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    That's why I love BTAS so much.

Batman wants and hopes to see the best in people, including his villains with basically the sole exception of Joker.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    The flashback very explictly shows
    A still living dude being turned into a Parademon, not a dead body
    if I remember right, the narration says something like "they would fall under his blade, and then rise again as part of his army of parademons", which def makes it sound like people would die and then become parademons, but the dude we see turning into a parademons seems pretty alive and not dead.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm stilled annoyed in Injustice 2 that the biggest argument stemmed around whether it was ok to kill Brainiac

because like

fucking kill Braniac dude

I thought the whole point was that if they straight up kill Brainiac then all his stored cities and people and such would basically be deleted since no one could figure out the technology in time. Superman was all "no, I can totally figure this out" but it's unsurprising that no one trusted or believed him.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I'm stilled annoyed in Injustice 2 that the biggest argument stemmed around whether it was ok to kill Brainiac

because like

fucking kill Braniac dude

I thought the whole point was that if they straight up kill Brainiac then all his stored cities and people and such would basically be deleted since no one could figure out the technology in time. Superman was all "no, I can totally figure this out" but it's unsurprising that no one trusted or believed him.

It's definitely framed as at least partly ethical, and in that situation I'm honestly still very much "kill Brainiac, we'll figure it out".

They need to put Superman back in prison, but they should kill Brainiac because it's very clear from the game that he's a world-ending thread that they essentially beat through getting very lucky. He's a lot smarter than them, will escape if allowed to and will iterate and return.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Aquaman
    img_2023jpo68.jpg

come see our happy fun time movie

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Superman
    This was a weird 90s or early 2000 ass movie.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman
    If you have a Batman who uses guns and kills people, you'd kinda have to ask the question why you're even using Batman in your story and not generic violent superhero guy

• Options
    Wonder Woman
    (I know the answer is Batman sells more toys)

• Options
    Superman
    If you have a Batman who uses guns and kills people, you'd kinda have to ask the question why you're even using Batman in your story and not generic violent superhero guy

Because THIS Batman has been PUSHED TO THE EDGE

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Superman
    You know. The cgi upper-lip might have been all of the rage. But the drastic differences in facial puffiness from shot to shot of Ben Affleck caught me way more.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    The Flash
    Gustav wrote: »
    You know. The cgi upper-lip might have been all of the rage. But the drastic differences in facial puffiness from shot to shot of Ben Affleck caught me way more.

He looked like he had been decaying and building up gas the entire time between principal photography and the reshoots.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Ben "Dead Body" Affleck

• Options
    Wonder Woman
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Because THIS Batman has been PUSHED TO THE EDGE

I guess so

That's what the Robin suit stood for

"The appearance of depth mattered more than actual depth"

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Steppenwolf
    why doesn't clap emoji batman just shoot the clap emoji joker?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Superman
    Also yeah. Give Henry Cavill another Superman movie. And give as much money as it takes to get Hans Zimmer back to do the score.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    I'm interested in seeing a Superman movie starring the Superman from this movie. Ditto Batman.

• Options
    Superman
    Though. This movie totally unsold me on Aquaman I think.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

Yeah he sucked. A bad attempt to make a Drax style character. He doesn't do anything good in this movie. I mean, a big problem? No stuff in water.

Cyborg was much better than I expected. The performance really emphasised the alien qualities of the character which is a new take on it for me. I'm used to the fun loving Teen Titans type of Cyborg. He didn't get enough to do, but I'd watch a Cyborg movie.

• Options
    The Flash
    I really want a Cyborg/Flash duo movie. I think their mixed dynamic and superpowers and everything would synergize nicely.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Superman
    "Yeeeaaauuuwah"

-Arthur "Aquaman" Curry. 2017

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Glad I'm not alone in that. Granted, most of my knowledge of Aquaman was in the Justice League cartoon so I don't have much to go off of here.
    But Momoa's Aquaman didn't have the nobility that I was expecting. Far more Surf Bro than King of the Seven Seas.

I heard somewhere that there was a substantial amount of Aquaman that wound up on the cutting room floor, so maybe that would have changed the character for the better.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aquaman’s best most interesting moment was
    him inexplicably stealing a random gadget in the Batcave

• Options
    Superman
    Gus keeps talking up Zimmer's MoS score but I really only remember taking note of it during the learning to fly scene, and even now I can't actually.... hear it in my mind

• Options
    Superman
    Cards on the table. To me it's the best superhero soundtrack.

It's better than John Williams original.

aGPmIBD.jpg