As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'll be your 1-Up Girl! [Super Mario Odyssey]

• MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    This is a game my wife will never play, but she seems to enjoy watching it and actually looks up tips and solutions to moon locations (like the damned pictures) for me... often unprompted in any way. Like she's been browsing on her iPad finding out about the game as I've been playing. It's the darnedest thing.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am currently playing through the game with my wife as well (every now and again doing some of the more difficult jumps/sections for her).

I still think the poison island level is hot garbage. It's the only level in the game I dislike a lot. Especially because it gets in the way of getting to the best level in the game IMO, Metro City. I'm looking forward to my wife discovering the vespa!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    But... wigglers!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It's nice when you experience the hat less challenges first and then blow out the regular versions when you find them exploring previous kingdoms.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am in post game with 190 moons. Need to find more.

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I am in post game with 550 moons. Need to find more.

The whole post-game is a real joy; returning to the locations and
    meeting all the international tourists, exploring their new goals + subplots, etc.
    is fantastic and that's even before the post-gamey moons.

One tiny thing that exemplifies the craft in this game and the wonderful warm-fuzzy-nintendo-charm for me is the Globe on the odyssey.
    If you haven't yet, go interact with it.

at any time after the tutorial/getting the Odyssey
    you can jump on the globe (not hat-throw at it) to spin it repeatedly ... (go do it yourself now if you haven't, don't spoil the magic.)
    ...and play an adorable music box version of the game theme that slows down until you "re-wind" the music box by jumping on the globe again.

The odyssey is also just a playground of the kind of polish and "wouldn't it be nice if we could add this" little features.
    You can enter the main exhaust stack at the rear like a warp pipe, as well as ground-pound through the roof hatch to get inside. The lights under the globe represent kingdoms you've 100%'d.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So this is a rumor... Super Mario Cereal with Amiibo functionality

Kelloggs-_Super-_Mario-_Cereal-_Box-_Rumored.jpg

http://www.cerealously.net/rumor-mill-kelloggs-super-mario-cereal/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm gonna ask for a tip with "The Long Journey's End".
    After the (first?) warp pipe, how are you expected to climb the bit with the swinging wooden boards as a stabby bird?

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I'd buy and eat it, and I would do so enthusiastically.

And I hate amiibo.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    This had better not be a joke.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    After the (first?) warp pipe, how are you expected to climb the bit with the swinging wooden boards as a stabby bird?
    Fling yourself from one to the next? I haven't cleared that part yet, is there a specific point you mean? I assumed it was normal Stabby Bird stuff, just harder because Final Mario Level.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Don't even bother trying to make it up the clustered part that swings over the lava, the last swinging panel right before that will reach just under the destination wall, so if you position yourself at the top of that pad and jump as high as possible at the peak of its right swing, you'll just barely make it and entirely skip the hard part.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oooh! One step closer to the return of the Nintendo Cereal System!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    If real, fail for not being "Super Mari-O's."

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hey.

Hey Mario Odyssey Thread.

Guess who got that hard moon!!!!

Now I only have the last Jumprope moon, the last Volleyball moon and the last Trace Walking moon to get.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Strong choice of costume for that one exact moon.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I got 500+ moons and tried Darker Side. Yeah I think that's not going to happen. I might just be about done with Odyssey. Great game, would odyssey again.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    The wife has found all the moons (that she can) and purple coins in the first two kingdoms. The push-block challenge in the first world cost her 50+ lives. I fear she will not be able to get all the post-game moons if they are as hard as I've been hearing.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

This is going to be immediately bought up and scalped, isn't it?

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I just watched the credits. Time to start playing the game I guess.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »

Will that be before or after there being a massive demand but Nintendo only doing a limited release, then cancelling it for no apparent reason despite most people never even getting a chance to so much as see it?

MNC Dover wrote: »
    The wife has found all the moons (that she can) and purple coins in the first two kingdoms. The push-block challenge in the first world cost her 50+ lives. I fear she will not be able to get all the post-game moons if they are as hard as I've been hearing.

most of the postgame moons aren't that hard.

but the postgame KINGDOMS are.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

The cereal is real, but only for the US

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    So how many people will bring their switches to the cereal aisle, trying to scan the boxes in-store?

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I may very well get a box of Mario cereal.

So how many people will bring their switches to the cereal aisle, trying to scan the boxes in-store?

Well now I will.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular

Had me thinking about this and I think the best place for them to put it would be an inside tab with the foil back. Have to open the box to scan.

All I can think about is the Nintendo Cereal System from my childhood and how delicious that stuff was. (Or I thought was lol)

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Had me thinking about this and I think the best place for them to put it would be an inside tab with the foil back. Have to open the box to scan.

All I can think about is the Nintendo Cereal System from my childhood and how delicious that stuff was. (Or I thought was lol)

It had the wonderful taste of sugar. Of course kids thought it was tasty.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

The cereal is real, but only for the US

Even their cereal gets a limited release.

Nintendo, never change.

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Looks like I am buying Mario Cereal.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    the zone you unlock immediately post-credits is the biggest fanservice in the world and I could not possibly love it more.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    I love the low gravity on the moon.
    I wish there was an outfit you could get that let you have low gravity in the other kingdoms, too. Of course, that'd break the game wide open, so you'd have to make it a reward for 999 moons or something...

klemming wrote: »
    I wish there was an outfit you could get that let you have low gravity in the other kingdoms, too. Of course, that'd break the game wide open, so you'd have to make it a reward for 999 moons or something...

At first i thought it was just a bit of fanservice....

then i noticed it had a full 100 Purple coins......... and a ton of moons to get......

:biggrin:

Official news on the cereal:
    https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/super-mario-cereal-from-nintendo-and-kelloggs
    Of course they show unobtainable mario themed breakfast swag along with the cereal.

At first i thought it was just a bit of fanservice....

then i noticed it had a full 100 Purple coins......... and a ton of moons to get......

:biggrin:

"moons"

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I have one moon left to get.

One.

single.

moon.

and it's the worst of them all.

jumprope genius.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

One.

single.

moon.

jumprope genius.

I highly recommend looking into the talkatoo glitch that lets you hover in place while the skipping rope goes around you. I have zero shame in using it to get that moon.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Darker Side complete, finally.
    So with that and the jump rope taken care of, the rest of the 496 moons should be plain sailing, right?

Right?

One.

single.

moon.

jumprope genius.

I highly recommend looking into the talkatoo glitch that lets you hover in place while the skipping rope goes around you. I have zero shame in using it to get that moon.

I tried that but i couldn't get it to work, much to my shame.

I'd never freeze in place, but the camera would and I'd need to jump off the world to regain control of the camera.

Darker Side complete, finally.
    So with that and the jump rope taken care of, the rest of the 496 moons should be plain sailing, right?

Right?

Yes.

The Jump Rope moon in the biggest pain.