As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cthulhu Wars - Game 3 - Tcho-Tcho victory on turn 3!

• MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    I may have to come up with another solution for Elder Sign distribution. I haven’t heard back from MrBody recently, for various reasons, about handing them out.

• SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    I was going to maybe pop a high priest to go first, but it seems like @Brody is going to force my hand here.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I realize its probably considered rude to snipe cultists like this, but it seemed like my most correct option.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Move acolyte from West Africa to the North Atlantic and claim spellbook: Frenzy (requirement: have units in 4 areas)

1>0

jakobagger on
    edited November 2017
    @Brody, you absolutely need to get a cultist! I harbor you no ill will. I may not have been the best target, though, given that I can sacrifice a high priest for power and summon a monster to defend my Yukon boys.

Saurfang on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Hmm... I could get a spellbook right now and save some cultists from being nabbed... but its tcho tcho, and he gets a a 0 power GOO on turn 2 and he can defend himself with a spellbook pick. also, its one of the only times taking a tcho tcho cultist is going to be worth anything other than hindering it.

Create a gate in Australia

4->1

@brody for his last action.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Oh, hang on a sec! I'm thinking about sacrificing one of these high priests.

Brody wrote: »
    Sorry, I realize its probably considered rude to snipe cultists like this, but it seemed like my most correct option.
    Not rude. Just sets you up for revenge. If you give something in return, it all works out. Really though, it’s one of your Spellbook reqs. :)

@Saurfang Am I waiting on you to decide something? Just checking before I stick my proverbial cart before my proverbial nightmare beast.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited November 2017
    Double post nightmares even.

Brody on

edited November 2017
    You know what -- you go ahead and snack on that cultist, @Brody . Hopefully I can earn some future consideration from you by throwing Cultist Fred to the proverbial wolves. (Or is it literal wolves? I don't know how you Crawling Chaos types like to do your human sacrifices)

Sorry, Fred! All for the glory of Ubbo Sathla or whatever.

Saurfang on
    As I haven’t heard from @MrBody are there any lurkers that would use random.org or a spreadsheet (I have one to share) and toss us Elder Signs as needed?

Greetings Fred, I'd like you meet our lord and ruiner, Nyarlathotep. Some people may call him Nyarly for short, but those people leave very short, although still fulfilling lives, further opening the gate for our lord and ruiner, Nyarlathotep.

Capture 1 High Priest

1->0

@NotoriusBEN

edited November 2017
    Summon a Reanimated in Indian Ocean.

1->0

I know this is showing my hand, but in the interest of speeding this along.
    If Tcho Tcho kills a high priest for power in the last seconds of this Turn 1 action phase, I'll summon an Un-man in Indian Ocean and give that power to Crawling Chaos.

If not I think we are done with this turn.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    You can’t perform an ‘Action’ when you’re out of power. Summon Monster is an ‘Action’ and requires your turn, even though it costs 0. Killing a High Priest for 2 Power isn’t an ‘Action’. Neither is Devolve, or Rhan’Tegoth’s immortal BS.

edited November 2017
    bummer... guess you're on your own, CC, I tried :P
    but again, it goes to show how broken Tcho tcho is that they can basically pull a ''lethargy'' out of their hat with zero consequences.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have the randomized list of elder signs made up. Ready to send when PM'd.

(it is 18 1s, 12 2s, and 6 3s right?)

MrBody on
    but again, it goes to show how broken Tcho tcho is that they can basically pull a ''lethargy'' out of their hat with zero consequences.
    I think all factions have one or two things that are really cool. That’s one of the TT things. But if they are using their HPs for that, then they aren’t getting Elder Signs for them from Tablet of the Gods. I think it’s balanced. You could do it with your HP too.

MrBody wrote: »
    I have the randomized list of elder signs made up. Ready to send when PM'd.

(it is 18 1s, 12 2s, and 6 3s right?)
    He lives! Thank you, sir!

Yes, that’s right.

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    @Saurfang If I go first, I'll leave the order the same (so you go second).

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    So, I think that marks end of turn? @Mordenthral for whatever goes next? #Newbie

8BFpSWC.png

I'm not pulling any shenanigans on my pal @Brody , in case that wasn't clear.

edited November 2017
    @Saurfang If I go first, I'll leave the order the same (so you go second).
    That’s very unfair! What did he give you in return?! Why are you doing this to me, @mindflare77 ? That means I’ll have to go... er, wait.. hmm. Looks like I’d be 5th either way. Carry on! :biggrin:

I’ll do tallies and map update after work.

Mordenthral on
    I get doom phase shenannigans with Dematerializing.
    and then how do the neutral beasts work?
    do they go before/after my Dematerializing can I do it at any point as long as its still doom phase?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    I’m home from work early. Sick kid. Will work on turn end soon.

You’ll do Doom phase stuff when it’s your turn in the Doom phase to declare a Ritual, including the purchase of a neutral Monster. There are a couple FAQ exceptions to this, but nothing currently in play.

Brody wrote: »
    Capture 1 High Priest

1->0
    Couple things here, you don't choose which one you Capture. You 'Capture Cultist' and the opponent decides which one.

Also, @Brody choose a Spellbook.

edited November 2017
    Oh yeah he's definitely capturing a garden variety cultist. Fred does not merit a high priest rank. Did not, I mean. RIP, Fred.

Saurfang on
    Brody to choose a Spellbook.

Gather Power:
      GC - 2 Gates (x2) + 7 Cultists (x1) = 11
      SL - 2 Gates (x2) + 6 Cultists (x1) = 10
      YS - 1 Gates (x2) + 6 Cultists (x1) + 1 Feast (x1) = 9
      BG - 2 Gate (x2) + 6 Cultists (x1) = 10
    >>WW - 2 Gates (x2) + 6 Cultists (x1) + 4 Hibernate = 14
      TT - 2 Gates (x2) + 7 Cultists (x1) = 11
      AN - 2 Gates (x2) + 6 Cultists (x1) = 10
      CC - 2 Gates (x2) + 6 Cultists (x1) + 1 Sacrifice (x1) = 11

@mindflare77 , WW is First player and needs to choose a Spellbook; direction of play was kept the same.

Doom:
      GC - 2
      SL - 2
      YS - 1
      BG - 2
    >>WW - 2
      TT - 2
      AN - 2
      CC - 2

Declare in new player order if you're doing a ritual and any other Doom shenanigans.

Fred is not dead quite yet. Wait, now he is.

Spellbook chosen is emissary of the outer gods.

edited November 2017
    Howl spellbook. Pay 2 Doom for Gnorri, place Gnorri in Antarctica. No ritual.

@Saurfang

(I'm assuming I should be waiting to Ritual until I have a GOO or two, and/or more Gates. Is this correct? #Newbie)

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

I expected the Gnorri to go quickly. You must be stopped now.

Waiting is agony. I hope I can get what I want for DOOMsmas Day.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    updating as soon as I get the kids in bed!

Howl spellbook. Pay 2 Doom for Gnorri, place Gnorri in Antarctica. No ritual.

@Saurfang

(I'm assuming I should be waiting to Ritual until I have a GOO or two, and/or more Gates. Is this correct? #Newbie)
    You don't need more Gates if you have enough Gnorri on the map, but at least one GOO is advised for the Elder Sign.

edited November 2017
    No ritual.

Pay 1 high priest: Awaken Ubbo Sathla in the Arctic, take Hierophants spellbook. Free high priests for everyone! Except @Mordenthral , who couldn't wait to open his Doomsmas present.

I'll put my free high priest right back in the Arctic; everyone else needs to place their own.

Pay 2 doom to recruit the Elder Things. Place one Elder Thing in the Arctic.

@NotoriusBEN , Merry Doomsmas!

Saurfang on
    Well, I wanted to protect myself against a turn 2 Sleeper delay. I couldn't be sure you were going to take Hierophants.

@NotoriusBEN is next.

Everyone also declare where your HP is going. I'll assume starting gates.

Your move made total sense! Gotta get ya boy Cthulhu.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    @Daemonis , could I interest you in a round 2 excange of 3 power point for 3 doom points?
    It would be a nice trade but my round 2 is quite busy unfortunately.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    My High priest goes in the only place he could go, Europe. Since I have only 1 Doom point I can't partecipate in the monster buying, so I preemptively pass on my doom phase. This set of rules is kind of hostile to YS...