As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dropmix!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Apparently if you order from Gamestop, you get the transformers card, but there wasn't really a way to guarantee I didn't get a set I already had, and I don't care about the transformers theme song that much?

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Well I got the Derby pack and the discover pack.

God help me.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just checked my Amazon cart and Dropmix is at $55 so I broke

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Apparently if you order from Gamestop, you get the transformers card, but there wasn't really a way to guarantee I didn't get a set I already had, and I don't care about the transformers theme song that much?

It's just the completionist in me. I have a saved/shared playlist that shows it in all 3 dual slots, done by tricking the equipment a little. I've heard it is a good mix-ruiner. But.. as a big Transformers fan, it could be cool.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    the only card I have not been able to see the use of is the vocals for Ms Jackson

it just constantly feels off beat

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Dropmix is a lot of fun, even just in freeplay or whatever just making mixes. Everyone I've shown it to gets into it almost immediately, including my kids. We ended up buying all the extra cards we could find, but that may have been at least half due to desperately wanting my son to make mixes that don't have Shut Up and Dance With Me for all-time vocals.

YaYa wrote: »
    the only card I have not been able to see the use of is the vocals for Ms Jackson

it just constantly feels off beat

I have a similar issue with All The Small Things

• dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Amazon has this now for $49, but I noticed this weird disclaimer:

App available through December 31, 2019

As someone who never got into your Rock Bands or your Guitar Heroes, does that just mean that version 1.whatever of the app is available until that date, or is Hasbro throwing a giant OFF lever in the Dropmix factory and you won't be able to play it anymore on New Years Eve 2019?

steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Amazon has this now for $49, but I noticed this weird disclaimer:

App available through December 31, 2019

As someone who never got into your Rock Bands or your Guitar Heroes, does that just mean that version 1.whatever of the app is available until that date, or is Hasbro throwing a giant OFF lever in the Dropmix factory and you won't be able to play it anymore on New Years Eve 2019?

Nah, I don't think it has an online thing. It just checks for updates. That may just be as long as they want to pay to host it.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Amazon has this now for $49

and yet importing fees would mean I would still end up paying over $120 for it

thiiiiiiiiis blooooooooooows

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I think that date is just a guarantee of availability. Hasbro doing a CYA, basically. Once you have the app, you can pre-download everything and be good to go. And I'm more than certain someone will reverse engineer it or otherwise make it available going forward if Hasbro pulls the plug.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If the game does well enough, I am sure that Hasbro will set a new date for guaranteed availability. It's more of a foresight legal thing than anything.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    The Hasbro web store now has a 25% off code for Cyber Monday. Just ordered up 3 playlist packs and the full S2 set. I am now guaranteed to have at least one dupe playlist pack since Gamestop will only sell you random, you can't choose your order.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    What's the Gamestop deal? Is it with any of the packs you can get the Transformers card free? So even the $5 packs?

If I buy the $5 packs, they aren't random, correct - so I won't get dupes of the stuff I'm getting in the Rock and Hip Hop packs I already ordered?

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    What's the Gamestop deal? Is it with any of the packs you can get the Transformers card free? So even the $5 packs?

If I buy the $5 packs, they aren't random, correct - so I won't get dupes of the stuff I'm getting in the Rock and Hip Hop packs I already ordered?

If you go buy a pack in the store you can select ones you want/don't have yet. If you order online they send you randomly selected packs.

There are no duplicates though as long as you don't buy the same pack twice. You might get a different section of a song you already have, but that is by design.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just caved at the $50 price point. It’s onnthe way right now.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    We caved at $60. The best part is that both my son and niece have commented on it when we've seen in in stores asking if we're going to buy it (we have far too many board games). I keep telling them we'll buy it when it hits clearance.

I liked the game in addition to just fucking around which is nice.

Cards are a little bent though :/

2ohWien.png
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I ordered a pack from Gamestop just to get the promo, which created a wedge for the $50 price point to get me. I don't even have a tablet this will run on.
    Yet.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    I ordered a pack from Gamestop just to get the promo, which created a wedge for the $50 price point to get me. I don't even have a tablet this will run on.
    Yet.

App is on your phone, too.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Yet.

App is on your phone, too.

My phone is a $50 Huawei junker - I am going to try it, of course, but I have low hopes.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I liked the game in addition to just fucking around which is nice.

Cards are a little bent though :/

I sleeved mine to help with the bending issue (it helps a lot). Used the KMC Perfect Size/Barrier (that's the Amazon link) and, while difficult to get the cards in there (tight fit), it doesn't interfere with the board reading them until you get 7 or 8 deep on a single slot.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    I'm using Ultra Pro Matte sleeves, myself.

I cannot believe how good this software is

if I got enough cards and preplanned a bit I have full confidence I could play an hour long set at any club and be hailed as a talented DJ

• existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Just bought the base game, and I’m sorry to retread this topic but look: I’ve read all the posts and looked over that spread sheet and there isn’t any easy way to say this but I can’t make heads or tails of the most efficient way to obtain all the extra cards. Do I want the named packs or the booster packs or the 30 dollar booster pack set or what?

exist on
    UmPiq.png
    exist wrote: »
    Just bought the base game, and I’m sorry to retread this topic but look: I’ve read all the posts and looked over that spread sheet and there isn’t any easy way to say this but I can’t make heads or tails of the most efficient way to obtain all the extra cards. Do I want the named packs or the booster packs or the 30 dollar booster pack set or what?

you want the named playlists and the two 30 dollar seasons

That’s a lot of dough!

UmPiq.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    For the $5 discovery packs or whatever, they're selling full sets on Amazon for $25 which aside from being cheaper than buying them separately allows you to sidestep the dumb "We will send you a random pack if you order online" that it seems like every online retailer is doing.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    For the $5 discovery packs or whatever, they're selling full sets on Amazon for $25 which aside from being cheaper than buying them separately allows you to sidestep the dumb "We will send you a random pack if you order online" that it seems like every online retailer is doing.

My problem is that I did buy a few of the random packs and now that I have roughly half of them I don't want a bunch of duplicates.

Yeah, I jumped on both those a second ago. Now am just trying to resist being such a mark that I buy the four named playlists before I’ve even tried the game.

UmPiq.png
    I just realized what Dropmix needs.

An API or external connector that will allow you to control freestyle with an external device.

It wouldn't even need to be that complex - Just 5 faders to control volume of the 5 channels, a pair of pots for tempo and key, and a button to enable/disable the auto-adjusts of playing a Wild.

You could go more complex than that, but why? All those functions are the ones the freestyle menu lets you control.

exist wrote: »

Yeah, I jumped on both those a second ago. Now am just trying to resist being such a mark that I buy the four named playlists before I’ve even tried the game.

this is exactly what I did

no regrets

well, I have all the available cards except for the transformers card

this includes the doctor who card, which I hate

Is that another special card?

I'm planning on ordering one of the fifteen dollar sets from Gamestop before I get any of the others, just to get the Transformers card

Just in case they're not at PAX South or something

I'm planning on ordering one of the fifteen dollar sets from Gamestop before I get any of the others, just to get the Transformers card

yeah, the doctor who card is in the electronic playlist pack as a hidden card

that pack is...mostly not to my taste, either

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

yeah, the doctor who card is in the electronic playlist pack as a hidden card

that pack is...mostly not to my taste, either

Looks like I have to get dropmix now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I dig the electronic pack, but not the Doctor Who card.

after minutes of experimentation I can conclude that the vocals from radioactive don't work with anything

They barely work with Radioactive

2ohWien.png
    Not as bad as Bring Me to Life.

It's tricky getting the vocals to work right. In the actual modes, the dropmix/equalizer button and the between-rounds hits will go a long way to balancing out the vocals. In freestyle, well.. either start with the vocals, or dropmix button to get a better key/speed.