As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chickens mate using a move called a [podcast thread]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The first album I ever owned was 2b a master.

On CD at least.

I had a cassette of weird Al in 3d.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My first cd was Dido's No Angel.

This explains everything.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    my first cd I ever bought was aerosmith's "big ones"

which was essentially a "best of" but only of their three most recent albums at the time

it's a great cd if somehow you love aerosmith, but only very specifically their late 80s/early 90s iteration

oh hey I've got a similar one

the first CD I ever bought was the Beatles Greatest Hits 1962-1966 (or the Red Album, as it was called) which was a really strange way to listen to the Beatles because it was a combination of their first extremely poppy albums and their first forays into weirder stuff. So on the one hand I listened to a lot of Nowhere Man and Yellow Submarine, but on the other hand I listened to a lot of Help!

I do remember bragging to my mother once that I remembered all the lyrics to "Love Me Do". A song that has approximately two lines repeated 47 times.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My first CD was Will Smith's Big Willie Style

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    ugh now I just remembered ICP was a thing

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I've never owned a music compact disc

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »

Was?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

"was"

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    it's good that a thread beginning with disappointing chicken sex ends on cringy teen stories

feels appropriate for some reason

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ghosted

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    The first CD I ever owned was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones The Impression That I Get

The second was the single for Notorious B.I.G.'s Mo Money Mo Problems

• Options
    no I'm pretty sure ICP no longer exists

in fact I'm not sure it ever existed

what's this ICP thing anyway?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    ICP is real and strong, but not my friend.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I knew a bunch of people who were pretty into ICP

And then most of them kind of dropped it pretty fast, and one or two went full on juggalo and who the fuck knows what they're up to now

One of them used to like to tell me all about their dark carnival or whatever themed World of Darkness games which always seemed to have a lot of sexual violence

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I never really bought any cds because this is basically me and they don't sell cds of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrfM3tXx0S4

Jars on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I think the first CD I bought was a Vertical Horizon album...? That sounds right

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I bought my first CD in 7th grade. It was Savage Garden's self-titled album.

Middle school me did not have great taste.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think my first CD miiiight have been Dookie?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My first self-purchased album was Mobile Estates by Citizen King.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I never really bought any cds because this is basically me and they don't sell cds of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrfM3tXx0S4

They totally sell them.

CDs in Japan are just insanely expensive.

My first purchased CD was: Daft Punk's Homework

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    God how the hell did that dude function outside of the extremely weird cult he built around himself at our school

Wait fucking hold up hang on

I thought it was like a communal thing where someone new would, ahem, "seize"

It was the same fucking guy every week?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I never bought a music cd. I just didn't listen to music much.

Pretty sure the first album I ever bought was Daft Punk Discovery in like 2010

Edit: I did once walk around with a Walkman that had the Interstate 76 game disc in it. Back when game soundtracks were just on the cd like that.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The first CD I bought was in high school and it was Smash Mouth's Smash Mouth.
    A couple months later I bought both Gorillaz' Gorillaz and The Black Eyed Peas Elefunk on the same day.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    In high school I was suspended for a: having a sign out at lunch, b: stating that you could pay me and I would launch into a really bad, rhythmless dance and c: drawing a crowd. The school considered this solicitation and I was taken by security to the office, where the principal found it oddly important that I knew the kids were laughing at me, not with me, as if I were somehow so ignorant that a crowd of strangers paying me a quarter a pop to bust a move - as a 300+ pound kid - may have contained bullies.

I pointed this out, pointed out that I was having a good time doing it and that bully money spent just as well.

Three day suspension and the nickname Danger Dance Boy.

The cringiest thing I did was type up long rants about society's failures, print them and tape them to random lockers, signing them Mr. E.

That was... not great.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    All of thess stories are making me thrilled that I've chosen to be a high school teacher.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The first CD I bought myself was Doolittle by the Pixies.

It was a good choice.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I think I might have mentioned this before, but I took part in a talent show for my high school where I sang one of the songs from the Final Fantasy X-2 vocal collection.

I put together a Power Point slideshow with the romanji lyrics at the top and the translation I had taken from Anime Lyrics at the bottom.

The background of said slideshow was a CG render of a keyblade that I desaturated and used a film-grain photoshop filter on.

Despite all of this most everyone I talked to was pretty impressed by my performance, which I now realize is nothing short of a minor miracle that I managed to get away with that much concentrated fucking nerdiness.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    All of thess stories are making me thrilled that I've chosen to be a high school teacher.

Oh hey also one of my friends has just got a teaching gig at grammar. He's teaching math, and is in it for the long haul after a bunch of the old guard left.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I think my first CD miiiight have been Dookie?

Mine too. High five :rotate:

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    My first album was Nirvana's Greatest Hits.

I didn't buy another one for ten years.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I’m pretty sure the first cd I purchased for myself was Sarah McLachlan, the one with Angel.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    my first album i can remember buying myself was running was scissors. thus, my saga begun

the first "real music" I can remember caring strongly about was both the air raid and the urban assault vehicular forms of rollin

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mine was a cassette of the Big Trouble in Little China soundtrack.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    my first album i can remember buying myself was running was scissors. thus, my saga begun

the first "real music" I can remember caring strongly about was both the air raid and the urban assault vehicular forms of rollin

I think that was also my first album actually.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    OK, time for the real Potter topic at hand:

Polyjuice Potion is just wizard HRT right

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    the worst harry potter revelation was that prior to the 18th century invention of bathrooms wizards would just shit their pants and magic it away

Man why stop? You could convert your bathroom to a more useful room.

But where are you magicing it to?!

Full Metal Alchemist other world. Create a poop dimension.

I feel like that'd just set us up for an eventual horrifying death at the hands of the non-Euclidean horrors that exist in the dimension we are sending our poop too

And it'd be an entirely justifiable slaughter

okay, so how did no-one come up with "teleport it to the fertilizer bins" or some such?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

specifically turning into someone else instead of yourself seems like a bad fit

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

specifically turning into someone else instead of yourself seems like a bad fit

Fair, but it probably does make some wizards realize they have dysphoria.

On that note why is Polyjuice not highly illegal if it's so easy to disguise yourself as someone else.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I never did anything remotely embarrassing in high school

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.