As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chickens mate using a move called a [podcast thread]

19596979899101»

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I never did anything remotely embarrassing in high school

Of course you did.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hmm, nope, nothing's coming to mind

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    when I was in middle school, I, a chubby white kid, got very into Dance Dance Revolution

to the point where I started downloading home brew emulators so I could practice, just throw the step chart on the screen, mentally approximate where the pad would be on the floor, and Dance Dance along at home

then I thought it’d be a good idea to put that on my school laptop and...perform for my schoolmates

I hav vivid memories of thirty or so people crammed into a hallway watching me do my thing to Burn the Floor, before a teacher encountered us, shook his head and went “...okay, Alex, if you think this is a good idea, fine.”

I later tried to have a dance-off at an arcade to impress a group of girls

I did not

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i definitely shoplifted a wyclef album from a borders when I was 15

• replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I never did anything remotely embarrassing in high school

You committed crimes, so obviously you were cool.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Hmm, nope, nothing's coming to mind

2011-01-13-beartato-badmemories.png

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i definitely shoplifted a wyclef album from a borders when I was 15

some steal for the bill

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Definitely never banded together with other losers and formed an Unathletic Club, in which members pledged to never sign up for any extracurricular sports

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Definitely never banded together with other losers and formed an Unathletic Club, in which members pledged to never sign up for any extracurricular sports

sports are ok but ONLY if within 6 feet of a girl

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    The only thing I can think of off hand that was embarrassing to me was after my cool astronomy teacher died of cancer I lashed out at my color guard team during practice. That was grief but I still felt bad about it afterward.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Once during gym class we were doing some weight training and I exercised too hard and I just lay down on a blue mat at the end of class and farted like crazy because my bowels really loosen up when I exercise too hard and the gym teacher came over to see if I was alright and had to endure that stink.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    In highschool a girl found my live journal, or xanga or whatever the fuck we were using, and told me she liked me writing (my writing was mostly stolen quotes from Mordheim and 40k and shit)

She asked me to write her a poem, so I wrote her a poem about computer programming and existential dread.

Oddly we didn’t talk much after that.

(Boy was I bad at reading signs back then.)

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hooooooo boy I'm glad that my high school Xanga page was purged! Now I get to spend all day reminded of how embarrassing that was.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

I've talked about this before, but I got bullied enough by jockish kids that my default position even now is to be the worst kind of "lol sportsball" asshole

Like if someone talks about how much they love a given sports team or something I feel an instant disconnect and depending how passionate about sports they are I'll feel vaguely threatened, and I fight it down because that's an absurd way to think but I was definitely trained from a young age to regard people who like sports with caution and anxiety

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    first cassette I remember buying myself was Simpsons Sing the Blues.

first cd I'm pretty sure was the salt n pepa album with Shoop on it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    in highschool I was literally anime club president

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    My first CD was also 2B A Master.

My sister still randomly sings Team Rocket's Rockin' to embarrass me.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    My favorite cassette I bought was Dr Katz's Therapy Sessions because I like that show very much

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    2B A Master still holds up and I don’t care what anyone says

I've talked about this before, but I got bullied enough by jockish kids that my default position even now is to be the worst kind of "lol sportsball" asshole

Like if someone talks about how much they love a given sports team or something I feel an instant disconnect and depending how passionate about sports they are I'll feel vaguely threatened, and I fight it down because that's an absurd way to think but I was definitely trained from a young age to regard people who like sports with caution and anxiety

We just really hated being the only kids who were always stuck in school during track days

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    2B A Master still holds up and I don’t care what anyone says

That evolution song about how everything changes has gotten me through most of my life

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Scott & Scott Approved, still sounds extremely bad

6F32U1X.png
  • kmzkmz Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I bought my first CD in 7th grade. It was Savage Garden's self-titled album.

Middle school me did not have great taste.

Savage Garden's first album was and still is good!

My first CD purchase was Savage Garden and Queen's Greatest Hits I & II and I have no regrets about either.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    My first CD was Hanson

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    God how the hell did that dude function outside of the extremely weird cult he built around himself at our school

Wait fucking hold up hang on

I thought it was like a communal thing where someone new would, ahem, "seize"

It was the same fucking guy every week?

Yuppers

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    My first CD was Hanson

I can't remember if I bought Middle of Nowhere or Baby One More Time first. Either way I didn't have a CD player until, like 2001

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Linkin Park's Meteora being my first CD is a bresh of fresh air compared to some of the other inherently cringy stuff I was perennialy guilty of

Up until I hit 21 I basically sucked, though I'd like to think the positive trend has its roots way earlier than that. Most of the dumb fuckery was very well intentioned.

Other than that new U2 album, I will stand by every album mentioned on this page so far as being legit good to this day.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    The first CD I ever owned was Joey Lawrence because I watched Blossom so my mom thought I would like the album. I did not.

I don't remember the first CD I ever bought myself, but it may have been Dookie.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    hanson's christmas album "snowed in" is the only holiday cheer I recognize

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    All my teen album purchases were largely shitty bands/artists I bought because my friends were into them

And of course that’s all my family remembers

Also I once got sent home because I farted

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My first CD was a Charlie Daniels Band Greatest Hits album

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

The Devil Went Down to Georgia, and then eleven blank tracks

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

The Devil Went Down to Georgia, and then eleven blank tracks

I made sure you were online before I made this post so I could be sure that you'd get here in time to make this response

This discussion has been closed.