As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @MrBody I don't have my new secret objective...

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... and can I shoot? :D

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Spend 8TG and claim Erect a Monument (Spend 8 resources. 1 VP)

It's a monument of a benevolent Fish-queen in its diamond bowl, in orbit around Jol. The scale has caused some tidal problems.

Going into the agenda phase, does anybody have commodities left to trade? I've got four gathering dust. High quality science dust.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Going into the agenda phase, does anybody have commodities left to trade? I've got four gathering dust. High quality science dust

Don't do it, we are giving he way too many options with all these trade goods.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I messed up, and now I'm way behind. Not sure if I've got any good chances to catch up. Claim no objectives.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2017
    Claim no objectives this round.

In case I can shoot, so we don't actually have to wait for me to do this later ...

Geth, roll 1d10t5

EDIT: So, it doesn't matter anyway.

1d10t5 0 [1d10t5=3]

Elvenshae on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I feel your pain, MrBlarney. I also screwed up badly this round.

Score no objectives.

For my racial power, place an infantry on Quann.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    @MrBody to deal out action cards.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Oh wow. I was positive Hedgethorn and Elvenshae were both going to turn over secret objectives this round given some slightly strange actions

I think the opening of hostilities put a couple of people on their back foot.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Well, things went significantly more pear-shaped than I'd thought they would, and there were these jerk fish out there extorting me for everything they could get, so ... :D

@MrBody Press can't claim Public objectives, meaning we move to the agenda phase?

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Reveal Objective

Stage II
    Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP

action cards dealt

Command Tokens

Everyone gain 2 (or 3 with metabolism tech) CCs and allocate them. Redistribute if you wish.

1 strategy, 1 tactics

I need to start spending my Action Cards, geez. Discarding "Morale Boost" and "Ancient Burial Sites".
    Morale Boost
    At the start of a combat round: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat round.

Ancient Burial Sites
    At the start of the agenda phase: Choose 1 player. Exhaust each cultural planet owned by that player.

(Oh, and for full disclosure, I discarded "Morale Boost" and "Maneuvering Jets" following the play of the Politics Strategy Card.)
    Morale Boost
    At the start of a combat round: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat round.

Maneuvering Jets
    Before you assign hits produced by another player's Space Cannon roll: Cancel 1 hit.

As for my allocations, Allocate one token to each of Strategy Pool and Tactic Pool. (TP 1 --> 2, SP 0 --> 1)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Discarding a Flank Speed
    Flank Speed- +1 movement to all ships during an a tactical action.

Two tokens in tactics, one in strategy
    (Should take me to 2/4/2 T/F/S)

MrBlarney, you must be sitting on some absolute dynamite if you're discarding those things. Then again, the 4th edition action card deck is more or less all great.

edited November 2017
    No Objective. 2 strategy. 3T/6F/3S

Preda on
    1 Strawberry, 1 Tactics

2/4/1

edited November 2017
    1 Strategy, 1 Tactics.

Also ...
    Brody wrote: »
    MrBody Press can't claim Public objectives, meaning we move to the agenda phase?
    1 Strawberry, 1 Tactics

Hey, uh ... Brody? I think your universal translator's on the fritz ...

Elvenshae on
    I do a lot of my posting via phone. Especially since my work computer has a hard time with the "Post Reply" button. And forget about "Save edit".

I also would like some strawberry tokens

edited November 2017
    @MrBody to reveal the first agenda

Preda 8 votes
    MrBlarney 10 votes
    Elvenshae 9 votes
    Mojo Trade 14 votes
    Hedgethorn 14 votes
    Brody 14 votes

(Somebody double check those numbers)

Mojo_Jojo on
    I have 8, all the others are ok.

I'll never be a countologist :(

@Mojo_Jojo , I'm willing to excange 2 TG and a Commodity for your 4 commodities.

@preda done. Whoever votes first can finalise it

edited December 2017
    Agenda Phase

millerDune5.jpg

1st agenda
    Archived Secret- Elect Player. That player draws 1 secret objective.

voting order

Creuss (Elvenshae): 9
    Jol-Nar (Mojo_jojo): 14
    Arborec (Hedgethorn): 14
    Letnev (Brody): 14
    Winnu (Preda): 8
    L1z1x (MrBlarney): 10

24 hours of negotiation or action card playing before votes actually begin.

MrBody on
    I would like to be considered. I have only the one no longer secret objective.

I have 9 votes, not 5, @MrBody.

edited December 2017
    Hmm those numbers don't line up with my own counting. I think you've missed Preda's homeworld still being Elvenshae's
    I would like to be
    considered. I have only the one no longer secret objective.

I think you're now in the lead so you'll have to pay quite steeply

Generally I'm happy to let people buy my votes here. Make an offer if you want them.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Winnu (the planet) being under Creuss control means that Preda only has 8 votes available. Hedgethorn also has the chance to use his "Committee Formation" ability to automatically take the Agenda if he likes. But if that's not the case, I'd be interested in calling in favors to take the Agenda for myself. I replaced it to the top of the deck, after all.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited December 2017
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Winnu (the planet) being under Creuss control means that Preda only has 8 votes available. Hedgethorn also has the chance to use his "Committee Formation" ability to automatically take the Agenda if he likes. But if that's not the case, I'd be interested in calling in favors to take the Agenda for myself. I replaced it to the top of the deck, after all.

Winnu/Creuss votes fixed

We'll do 24 hours of negotiation or action card playing before votes actually begin.

MrBody on
    @Mrbody I've checked and Hedgethorn has 14 votes rather than 13
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'd be interested in calling in favors to take the Agenda for myself. I replaced it to the top of the deck, after all.
    Always happy to have your racial note. I'd give you up to ten votes for it. I'd do my best to avoid it depriving you of a token in the coming round too.

edited December 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    @Mrbody I've checked and Hedgethorn has 14 votes rather than 13
    fixed

MrBody on
    I do not intend to claim this agenda for myself. If @Brody or @MrBlarney want to make me an offer to use Committee Formation on their behalf, I'd listen.

I'm not interested in ths agenda, so 7 of my votes are for sale if someone is interested in them. They even can come cheap.

Hmm, if most people aren't interesting in taking the Agenda for themselves, I think I'll call in @Elvenshae from our deal last round to provide some votes to me. I'll think about other deals in case Brody tries to gather more votes to tip the balance.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Sure, @MrBlarney. I'm willing to toss in my remainder if you're interested.