As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cthulhu Wars - Game 3 - Tcho-Tcho victory on turn 3!

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I need my power too much to lose any right now.

jakobagger on
  • MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    +2 Power to CC

Have a think on my ES solutions.

Move: Cultist from South Pacific to live like a King in Patagonia for 1 Power.

1 -> 0

Update posted. GOOs are all in attendance. Dance around the Cathedrals! Ia! Ia!

@Daemonis is up.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Sleep. 2->2
    @Preda

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Another undead in Europe. 1->0

@jakobagger

@Daemonis , start thinking about a 3 power for 3 doom 3rd round deal...

Saurfang wrote: »
    The world is full of monsters!

Remove gate in my starting area. Claim Tablets of the Gods spellbook. Hold steady at 9 power.

@NotoriusBEN

Shouldn't he also have gained the extra High Priest through Hierophants?

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Summon ghoul in East Africa for 0 P

2 > 2 power

• SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    Saurfang wrote: »
    The world is full of monsters!

Remove gate in my starting area. Claim Tablets of the Gods spellbook. Hold steady at 9 power.

@NotoriusBEN

Shouldn't he also have gained the extra High Priest through Hierophants?

Indeed! I'll place the high priest in the Yukon.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    2) Someone with 'skillz' could make a spreadsheet with a button that draws from the first of a list of randomised hidden cells containing the ES values, deletes the top value, shifts the list up and possibly logs that one was drawn. This spreadsheet could be passed around.

It could just be a list of blank cells that pulls from a list, and you just tell it to fill in the next cell down? No moving parts, significantly easier to make.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Was going to wait on a rules clarification (can an Acolyte control a gate when an enemy monster is still in an area?) before doing this... My assumption is that an Acolyte can do so. If not, then I'll beg for a redo.

Move Ithaqua, Rhan Tegoth, three acolytes, and a Wendigo from Mountains of Madness to South Atlantic.

2->1

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    Yes, an acolyte can control a gate even if they're in an area with an enemy monster. However, without a monster from their own faction to protect them, the acolyte will be vulnerable to a capture action from the other player's monster.

edited November 2017

Build gate in my starting area and control it with a cultist. 9->6.

@NotoriusBEN

Saurfang on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    What are the current power counts at? Ive been thinking about this all morning at work, but id still like to know where everyone stands.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Did a quick run through... I *think* that it stands as such:

GC: 0
    SL: 2
    YS: 0
    BG: 2
    WW: 1
    TT: 6
    AN: 9
    CC: 3

8BFpSWC.png

edited December 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    2) Someone with 'skillz' could make a spreadsheet with a button that draws from the first of a list of randomised hidden cells containing the ES values, deletes the top value, shifts the list up and possibly logs that one was drawn. This spreadsheet could be passed around.

It could just be a list of blank cells that pulls from a list, and you just tell it to fill in the next cell down? No moving parts, significantly easier to make.
    Another option is to have all ES be completely secret until you reveal them, then you roll d3 for each one. (Or something, to get the right spread)

The below is almost correct.

Unspeakable Oath: Sacrifice High Priest for 2 Power.

Not very cool, WW.
    Did a quick run through... I *think* that it stands as such:

GC: 2
    SL: 2
    YS: 0
    BG: 2
    WW: 1
    TT: 6
    AN: 9
    CC: 3

@NotoriusBEN

Mordenthral on
    Update where my Gate is being threatened posted.

You still get 1 power even if I take it! We can be friends! I'll give it back next turn, even.

8BFpSWC.png

You still get 1 power even if I take it! We can be friends! I'll give it back next turn, even.
    I would have been open for discussion, but you just "breezed in" without a word. Were you also going to capture my cultist?

edited December 2017
    Move cultist to south atlantic

9->8

Whatever is going on between WW and GC, I'll leave to you two. The winner gets the cathedral Im building there.

Also, Hey, Crawling Chaos. If you are feeling short of power, move a cultist to Arabia and I'll kick you a power point to build a portal there. While Unholy Grounds is nasty, it only pertains to GOOs.

@Brody

also, keep in mind sleeper, if you think you are going to try and time out my power, I can and will sac my High Priest immediately after you capture one of them, so my threat remains valid even after I spend my power.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    I would have been open for discussion, but you just "breezed in" without a word. Were you also going to capture my cultist?

Eh. Wasn't planning on it, if avoidable. Figured that s/he'd devolve into a Deep One even if I tried. But really, it's just that I don't have the power to get myself a second gate, and have nowhere to go but outward. So, I am indeed open to negotiations. Unless, of course, you view the transportation of chilly folks (they just wanted to be warmer!) as an entirely hostile move.

8BFpSWC.png

We all have nuclear weapons and we are pointing them in an 8 way Mexican standoff...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Eh. Wasn't planning on it, if avoidable. Figured that s/he'd devolve into a Deep One even if I tried. But really, it's just that I don't have the power to get myself a second gate, and have nowhere to go but outward. So, I am indeed open to negotiations. Unless, of course, you view the transportation of chilly folks (they just wanted to be warmer!) as an entirely hostile move.
    Well, I need to kill some peeps to get a Spellbook or two. So I'll move in, hop off the Gate and you can hop on and start a fight. I'll get at least a Spellbook out of it, maybe 2.

Sorry, I've been digging up my front yard, I'll try and post in a bit

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

I’m around for TTS Cthulhu Wars.

im awake to play a round if you are, @Mordenthral

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Too late now. Watching Netflix’s The Punisher with the wife.

Move 1 Cultist to Arabia

3->2

@Mordenthral

Move: Cthulhu to South Atlantic for 1 Power.

2 -> 1

To ensure our deal works out, I’ll keep my Acolyte on the Gate, but will choose him for Howl when you start the Battle.

@Daemonis is up.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Sleep. 2->2
    @Preda

I'm out of power, straight to @jakobagger

Ghoul from East Africa to Arabia

2>1

edited December 2017
    Battle in South Atlantic. @Mordenthral to roll. Howl prebattle effect, presumably on the Acolyte. Devour will also target an Acolyte.
    1->0

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

edited December 2017
    wow, talk about fucking up a good thing, black goat... :P

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    wow, talk about fucking up a good thing, black goat... :P

I'm not up to any mischief! Just need to spread out to more areas for spellbook requirements.

Ghouls have a combat value of 0 and I promise I'm not capturing the cultist with it either.

Yes, Howl the Acolyte to South America East and Devour a WW Acolyte.

Let's hope I do this right. Last time I rolled on these forums we were using orokos...

geth roll 6d6 for Cthulhu
    geth roll 4d6 for Windwalker

Cthulhu:
    6d6 19 [6d6=5, 4, 2, 3, 3, 2]
    Windwalker:
    4d6 21 [4d6=6, 6, 3, 6]

edited December 2017
    Amazing roll!

My 2 units die, 2 WW units get pained and WW gets a Wendigo, if he remembers it. (We won't always remind you about your Spellbooks once you get more experience.)

I'll grab Dreams for my Spellbook.

Mordenthral on
    Oops. I get 1 more die.

geth roll 1d6 for Deep One

Deep One:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

edited December 2017
    Update is posted.
    @mindflare77 to Pain 3 Units in South Atlantic before a new Wendigo/Acolyte arrives.
    @Saurfang to choose a Spellbook then take his turn.

Mordenthral on
    Does the Devoured Acolyte go back to my units immediately? If so, Pain two Acolytes and a Wendigo to South America East. Cannibalism for that Acolyte who was Devoured, who then controls the gate.

8BFpSWC.png