As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The F Word

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The F Word

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    Good second panel very atmospheric

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    “Are they touching the foot? Or... does the foot touch them.”

Yes.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The foot goes everywhere. The foot WANDERS.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Good second panel very atmospheric
    9f13f8aedfd5e3230f247cf7c1553e7c.jpg

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    @TychoCelchuuu if your new thing is simply to be ceaselessly negative in these threads, perhaps you should find a different forum to do that in.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Aaannyway back to the comic I completely approve of Orx Borx as the name for the new Microsoft console over what I cannot fathom anyone approving but they actually did X Box One X

I usually don’t CARE about such minor things but shit man that name literally mimics the usernames of the worst online gamers fucking hell

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • BehrditzBehrditz Registered User regular
    Haha! What silly mods, right? *glances over at his long list of book-related mods and sweats profusely*

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Last year when i was Christmas shopping i found out they had actual physical compilation books of the books scattered around Skyrim.

steam_sig.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Last year when i was Christmas shopping i found out they had actual physical compilation books of the books scattered around Skyrim.

Even "The Lusty Argonian Maid"?!

...asking for a friend.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Ok hopefully this doesn't seem to unrelated, but the other day, I thought it would be really cool if someone wrote a sort of adult version of choose-your-own-adventure, except not on paper but via programming, and where there are only a very few branches to that lead to say, 6 complete novels. Similar to something like a Bioware or Fable "choose your hero", except because it's text only you can actually have wildly different stories instead of minor differences. And then once you had that masterpiece of writing and programming asembled, you could also sell the individual novels as stand-alones, for collectors.

If I had any talent in either writing or programming, that's what I'd do.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Something like the telltale games but your choices actually can have vastly different story line differences?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Train DodgerTrain Dodger Registered User regular
    I actually looked up those mods Tycho named to see if they were real. I'm sad, now. :(

• AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Ok hopefully this doesn't seem to unrelated, but the other day, I thought it would be really cool if someone wrote a sort of adult version of choose-your-own-adventure, except not on paper but via programming, and where there are only a very few branches to that lead to say, 6 complete novels. Similar to something like a Bioware or Fable "choose your hero", except because it's text only you can actually have wildly different stories instead of minor differences. And then once you had that masterpiece of writing and programming asembled, you could also sell the individual novels as stand-alones, for collectors.

Are you familiar with interactive fiction? A few links:

Inform 7
    IF comp
    Twine

Here are a few I like, off the top of my head: 9:05 (short), Slouching Towards Bedlam, Vespers

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Agentflit wrote: »

Are you familiar with interactive fiction? A few links:

Inform 7
    IF comp
    Twine

Here are a few I like, off the top of my head: 9:05 (short), Slouching Towards Bedlam, Vespers

Cool!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I know @wandering is interested in IF, as well. Maybe they know some that are like that as well.

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Choice Of games (I can't remember the studio but many of their games are called Choice Of something) has some really good, detailed IF games and a relatively simple coding guide for making your own.

Choice of Robots in particular I liked a lot.

RatherDashing89 on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Aaannyway back to the comic I completely approve of Orx Borx as the name for the new Microsoft console over what I cannot fathom anyone approving but they actually did X Box One X

I usually don’t CARE about such minor things but shit man that name literally mimics the usernames of the worst online gamers fucking hell

It abbreviates to XBOX is the thing

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Technically, it abbreviates to XOX :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    cB557 wrote: »
    I know wandering is interested in IF, as well. Maybe they know some that are like that as well.
    I feel other people have already covered this pretty well, but yeah, there's a lot of cool text-based, story-focused games out there! Perhaps the one I'm most likely to push on people is Photopia, a haunting sci-fi/fantasy/slice-of-life interactive short story: http://adamcadre.ac/if/photopia.html

wandering on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

So like it saves your decision path and at the end it offers to send it to a printshop? That would be pretty cool.

steam_sig.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

It abbreviates to XBOX is the thing

Certainly a more dignified nickname than XBONE.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    xBONEx

PNk1Ml4.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    xBONESEPHIROTHCLOUDx

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    xBONESEPHIROTHCLOUD420x

• wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    I will laugh if the next one is X Box One XI

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I like how they have winter coats that still match their everyday outfits.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    everyone sees the giant dick godzilla in the background, right?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Vladimer wrote: »

I did not realize there was a monster in the background. Details like that are great.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Man, these kids nowadays grumbling about feet in games - back in my day we had Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default and we had no feet uphill both ways in the snow and we didn't complain

Donnicton on
  • wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Vladimer wrote: »

I was going to call shenanigans, but if I tilt my screen just so. Yep, giant dick godzilla. Well played Mike.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    god dammit michael

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Oh my god I did not notice that at all. I wonder if I'm dickerblind.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net