As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[World of Darkness] Red Star shining at WW HQ, heads to roll

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The company that sells the second hand onyx path stuff is having a 50% off halloween sale. The original prices for the more sought after kickstarter stuff are jacked up to match ebay. With the sale some things are quite a bit more reasonable to purchase.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Which company is this?

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    So I was wondering if anyone could help with this. In Vampire the Requiem: 2nd Edition I'm confused about a rule in "The cleansing" section, page 91. It states:
    If an injury would require Vitae to heal (represented by Health levels), the vampire will unconsciously heal it during daysleep. Sometimes, this means the vampire will not have the Vitae necessary to wake. As she falls to slumber, she may spend Willpower points to “preserve” wounds through her rest, to keep herself from healing them and spending excessive Vitae. This cost is one Willpower per wound, and makes the wound permanent.

Does that mean that vampire will always have one say, lethal damage in their health box that cannot be healed, effectively lowering their permanent health by one, or just that the injury, such as a stab hole from a knife, never goes away? The former seems like a very harsh punishment to stop a wound from healing, say such as you not having enough blood to heal all of the wounds. The latter seems more like the intent from the section, especially as right after this it talks about the same thing for say, keeping tattoos so that they don't disappear. If the wording is just ambiguous I'll go with my ruling for my table. If there is an explicit rules clarification though I would love to see it. I didn't see anything when I googled it nor did I see it in their FAQ.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    So I was wondering if anyone could help with this. In Vampire the Requiem: 2nd Edition I'm confused about a rule in "The cleansing" section, page 91. It states:
    If an injury would require Vitae to heal (represented by Health levels), the vampire will unconsciously heal it during daysleep. Sometimes, this means the vampire will not have the Vitae necessary to wake. As she falls to slumber, she may spend Willpower points to “preserve” wounds through her rest, to keep herself from healing them and spending excessive Vitae. This cost is one Willpower per wound, and makes the wound permanent.

Does that mean that vampire will always have one say, lethal damage in their health box that cannot be healed, effectively lowering their permanent health by one, or just that the injury, such as a stab hole from a knife, never goes away? The former seems like a very harsh punishment to stop a wound from healing, say such as you not having enough blood to heal all of the wounds. The latter seems more like the intent from the section, especially as right after this it talks about the same thing for say, keeping tattoos so that they don't disappear. If the wording is just ambiguous I'll go with my ruling for my table. If there is an explicit rules clarification though I would love to see it. I didn't see anything when I googled it nor did I see it in their FAQ.

When all else fails, it's the ST's call. Personally I think it depends on the injury.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    The wound level heals normally, the superficial appearance of a healed injury (scarring, maiming, etc) remains.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    The wound level heals normally, the superficial appearance of a healed injury (scarring, maiming, etc) remains.

That was close to my interpretation, which was the wound remains as you spent the willpower to stop it from healing, and then say, the next night, you could use the vitae to heal it. That heals the damage in the box, but leaves the wound itself there. So say you get shot by a sniper rifle and it does enough damage to fill up your bashing damage and upgrade it to one lethal from the single shot. You then spend the vitae at night to heal the bashing, but don't have enough to heal the lethal damage. You spend the willpower and so you keep the bullet hole, which is not fully healed. The next night you would have one lethal damage still and the hole. You could spend the vitae to heal the lethal damage, but the hole would still be there (as you forced the body to not close the hole). You could then spend another willpower later (and sew up the hole) and close up the actual bullet hole in your stomach, per the rules about changing your appearance listed above. You would probably be left with a scar, but no longer have big hole in your stomach.

I do like your interpretation as well though, that once you actually heal the damage another night, it just leaves a scar similar to aggravated damage.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So I just found out from the Wraith 20th Anniversary Kickstarter that White Wolf is headquartered in Sweden now. Has it always been that way or is this a new thing?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Think that was the outfall of a company buying it up and splitting up the computer game stuff and the rpg side stuff.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Ah, yeah, Paradox Interactive. Weird that a reprint of the RPG stuff would need approval by them but oh well.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So I just found out from the Wraith 20th Anniversary Kickstarter that White Wolf is headquartered in Sweden now. Has it always been that way or is this a new thing?

White wolf was bought by CCP the makers of Eve online years ago, the plan was to make an MMO but that failed. At some point they stopped making RPGs and some old writers got together to form Onyx Path to license the setting and make RPGs including the 20th anniversary line. CCP eventually sold White World to Paradox Interactive, who have continued to license to Onyx Path but are also going to make a new edition of Vampire the Masquerade but it is not out yet. The guy in charge now is Martin Elricsson who is a big WoD larper. His picture was used for Dracula for the V20 book.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

I didn't even know Wraith 20th was a thing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular

It's a long story. The actual equivalent in terms of content production you'd be familiar with to the old White Wolf is Onyx Path.

It's a long story. The actual equivalent in terms of content production you'd be familiar with to the old White Wolf is Onyx Path.

No it's not. They were acquired by Paradox Interactive. The End.

cj iwakura wrote: »

It funded back in early 2015 and is extremely late.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

That's none of the creative staff who founded and maintained White-Wolf creative output, though. All those people who were left were let go by CPP and either moved on to other things or founded Onyx Path. This new White-Wolf is a totally new creative team who were just handed the WW ip's.

It kind of like how current Atari is just Infograms with Atari's name on them. They just have the IP's and trademarks, none of the creative force.

Wraith curse strikes again!

That's none of the creative staff who founded and maintained White-Wolf creative output, though. All those people who were left were let go by CPP and either moved on to other things or founded Onyx Path. This new White-Wolf is a totally new creative team who were just handed the WW ip's.

It kind of like how current Atari is just Infograms with Atari's name on them. They just have the IP's and trademarks, none of the creative force.

That's fine, my brief interaction with most of them years ago on RPG.net proved they were assholes anyway. I was just wondering why the headquarters were in Sweden now and that's already answered.

Nope, just laziness this time I'm afraid.

That's fine, my brief interaction with most of them years ago on RPG.net proved they were assholes anyway. I was just wondering why the headquarters were in Sweden now and that's already answered.

The lead writer had a major death in the family.

Also I'm pretty sure there was a data loss at some point.

They lost some formatting tags once. And Rich Dansky has been an absolute trooper, he only delayed stuff by maybe a month when his mother died; fuck he should have taken like six. He is in no way the reason it's taken as long as it has.

They lost some formatting tags once. And Rich Dansky has been an absolute trooper, he only delayed stuff by maybe a month when his mother died; fuck he should have taken like six. He is in no way the reason it's taken as long as it has.

If it isn't the lead writer, then who is being "lazy" here? I'm confused. Where's the breakdown occuring?

edited November 2017

If it isn't the lead writer, then who is being "lazy" here? I'm confused. Where's the breakdown occuring?

The updates are all public. You can probably just read them and make your own conclusions.

Magic Pink on

The updates are all public. You can probably just read them and make your own conclusions.

I'm a backer. I've already looked at those and I have no idea what you're referring to.

Well, let me put it this way. It's two years late while they still start and apparently have completed other projects in that time. Someone, somehow is neglecting the Wraith project. I have zero proof of anyone doing anything specific so I don't want to needlessly sass some poor bastard but it seems like laziness towards this project specifically is the most obvious excuse. I certainly have someone in mind but, at the end of the day, as long as I get my book I don't care in this particular case.

It wouldn’t be Wraith if it wasn’t cursed.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

I thought that was Mummy?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

But it comes with a free frogurt!

Werewolf: The Apocalypse is being revealed soon:

wVEsyIc.png
    Sadly it looks like there's some kind of embargo. No media coverage yet that I know of, just these pics on twitter:

DVgpPt-WAAADvbG.jpg:large
    DVgUAzOWkAASuOc.jpg

Well, there's three forms, that's all I can gather.

wVEsyIc.png
    Can I pre-order for bonus gnosis.

On the bright side, looking at the backdrop of urban pollution and such, I'm guessing(and hoping) this definitely won't be all raaaaawr crinos smash and have some social aspects too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Oh please please please don't let this game go the way of the V:tM MMO.

Well, it's definitely happening, too many big names involved.

The question is will it be GOOD.

wVEsyIc.png
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular

I've played every WoD game through multiple times even though some of those weren't very good. The setting fascinates me enough that I'm fairly confident I'll enjoy whatever they put out.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Still what it did was magic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDX6ddo5fCo

Brainleech wrote: »

Sadly the rest was a mixture of CCP mismanagement and having too many ideas for one game.

wVEsyIc.png
    Brainleech wrote: »

To illustrate the point, note how that video is old enough that youtube has downgraded the quality to 240p only.

Speaking of World of Darkness, I just got my Wraith 20th pdf, finally. Over 3 years after I backed the kickstarter :)

Speaking of World of Darkness, I just got my Wraith 20th pdf, finally. Over 3 years after I backed the kickstarter :)

the best part is it's still not finished. they sent incomplete pdfs missing a bunch of content

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Still working on content for Mage 20th. I've got the hardcover (which I'm actively annoyed by, because it's black instead of purple, because I didn't pay extra? ...k), but they're supposedly still putting out PDFs and PoDs

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    I've always been more of an Awakening guy, but I heard Ascension had some great stories.

Funny how Mage is the least likely to get an RPG since magic games are the most prolific.

wVEsyIc.png