As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Worse For Weir

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Worse For Weir

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Yikes, you guys actually agree with Kotaku... end of days anyone?

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    "Were there are a lot of big words" ouch. Brutal leaving that in Mike.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    "Were there are..." must be drunk. I mean look how fast he pounded that beer from panel 1 to 3

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

This may be the most ironic tychpo in a while.

steam_sig.png
  • MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    What are those in his glass? Look like the foam artsy snow balls they sell at Hobby Lobby.

steam_sig.png
    Ice cream i think. Could be a beer float.

steam_sig.png
  • SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    Regardless how many typos are in this comic the fact remains ‘Artemis’ was terrible.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    SIXyt wrote: »
    Regardless how many typos are in this comic the fact remains ‘Artemis’ was terrible.

It's pretty foul.

• InkarnitInkarnit Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I'll be the oddball here, I suppose.

I just finished Artemis yesterday.

It was no literary masterpiece or anything, but I liked the book. It was an easy read, but it was enjoyable. What's the issue people had with it?

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    What's a books, Precious? Precious only knows downloaded content available on phones and maybe tablets. *gollum*gollum*

(It's only amusing because I do a fairly decent impersonation of Gollum. It's funnier in person, trust me.)

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    What's a books, Precious? Precious only knows downloaded content available on phones and maybe tablets. *gollum*gollum*

(It's only amusing because I do a fairly decent impersonation of Gollum. It's funnier in person, trust me.)

Reminds me of evil within 2 where it explains a slide projector to you because 90% of the audience probably never saw one in person before.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Disclaimer: I've read nothing by Andy Weir.
    The Amazon rating looks more "unremarkable" than "terrible". It has a 4.0 with almost no 1-stars. The star totals being 45/23/17/12/3.
    In comparison, The Martian has: 75/18/4/2/1.

I'm thinking Tycho is drinking beer, and Gabe is drinking a root beer float. The color is different, and Tycho's has a white foam on top. And root beer seems more of a Gabe drink anyway.
    9c8arj7yk0j1.jpg

YoungFrey on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Aegeri wrote: »

This may be the most ironic tychpo in a while.

Man, this confused me so much, since Mike must have done one of his rare corrections. I didn't notice the tychpo in YOUR post (thought it was the same as what was in the comic), then couldn't figure out how that was wrong and spent a few minutes finding that a lot of people on the internet isn't sure if it should be "was" or "were".

It wasn't until I was prepared to come back and ask why it was wrong that I finally noticed the original.

tl;dr: I have a cool story, bro.

Edit: And now I glance at the comic again, and the tychpo was actually there all along. What a perfect fit for this day.

dennis on
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    The Amazon rating looks more "unremarkable" than "terrible". It has a 4.0 with almost no 1-stars. The star totals being 45/23/17/12/3.

I'm thinking Tycho is drinking beer, and Gabe is drinking a root beer float. The color is different, and Tycho's has a white foam on top. And root beer seems more of a Gabe drink anyway.
    9c8arj7yk0j1.jpg

A lot of it may just be disappointment of expectations after The Martian.

steam_sig.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Kagera wrote: »

Reminds me of evil within 2 where it explains a slide projector to you because 90% of the audience probably never saw one in person before.

Man, growing up my dad had an extensive collection of slides and we would periodically all sit in the living room and watch slideshows. It would probably kill him to hear this (he's an avid railfan and has a massive amount of trainspotting slides), but the only ones I really remember are the collection from when my parents lived in Rio De Janeiro for several years*.

*The younger of my older sisters (who got engaged to my brother in law at PAX prime 2007) was born in a hospital in Ipanema.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

9c8arj7yk0j1.jpg

Yeah I’m one of the few one star reviews on Amazon. The worst part is I was looking forward to it. I loved ‘The Martian’, others criticized Mark’s constant sarcastic and joking tone in the face of death, but it was just another part I liked. Andy Weir’s new book missed the mark on so many levels as to be laughable. It was painful to finish, the foreshadowing was so heavy anytime anything was mentioned you know it was crucial to the plot. There’s heavy handed and then there’s whatever mechanized heavy object was pounding us in the head that is this book Where the first book was praised for its attention to scientific detail, this book said fuck it let’s ignore basic known high science and biology. The other main point of this book seemed to be what if a 26 year old women had the mind of a 15 year boy and was incapable of thinking two seconds into the future. When I say it was terrible, I mean I can’t think of a redeemable part or component.

• KeitrigKeitrig Registered User new member
    In support of the news post for this comic; Armada did suck pretty hard.