As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recovering data from non-booting cell phone's internal memory

I've got an LG Optimus L90 that won't boot past the T-mobile screen. I'm pretty sure it's dead to some degree, is there any way I can access the internal memory without it fully booting? While I'm sure the photos and videos are backed up to the SD card, I'm pretty sure the text messages aren't and so I'd like to recover them if at all possible.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    After talking to recovery services and getting quotes ranging from $300 to $1300, I decided to cross my fingers and try using the dr.fone program to recover data after doing a factory reset. Unfortunately, after the factory reset the Settings app won't open, so I can't turn on debugging over USB, which means I can't use dr.fone to scour the internal memory for file remnants. The settings app just closes, no popup going "Unfortunately Settings has stopped" or anything. So unless I can figure out how to get that damn thing open, my quest to recover the data has come to an unfortunate end.

• Options
    mbannickmbannick Registered User regular
    Try looking for schematics on the net for access points you can short to bring the phone into the factory service screen. I had a dead phone that wouldnt boot and managed to access the internal memory after putting it into service mode by shorting a few contacts that were covered by the sticker in the battery compartment.