As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Also, @Brody, if you'd like to put an offer in on my remaining 4 votes, I'm interested.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'll just wait and see if someone tries to skimp on votes and nab it if I have a chance.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    You can't vote for two different options on a single Agenda, unless you're already angling for deals on the second Agenda.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I was waiting on a notice that we were supposed to start voting ... should I just cast my votes and move on?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I was waiting on a notice that we were supposed to start voting ... should I just cast my votes and move on?

Seems reasonable. I think we've all posted and nobody seems to be playing any cards.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Exhaust Arnor and Winnu to cast 5 votes for @MrBlarney.

@Mojo_Jojo to vote.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Abstain

@Hedgethorn

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Abstain.

@Brody

Abstain

@Preda

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Abstain.
    @MrBlarney

Oh hey, so I don't need to spend any of my own votes on this? Aces.

Abstain.

Voting ends in my favor. @MrBody for second Agenda of the round. Could be quite interesting considering how many votes got saved up.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    And just think - you could've spent only a single vote out of your five! That's four wasted votes!

@MrBody we miss you

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    2nd agenda

The Crown of Emphidia

Elect Player

The elected player gains this card and 1 victory point.

A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.

Creuss (Elvenshae): 4
    Jol-Nar (Mojo_jojo): 14
    Arborec (Hedgethorn): 14
    Letnev (Brody): 14
    Winnu (Preda): 8
    L1z1x (MrBlarney): 10

War Rider- Play at the start of an agenda. Predict an outcome. You cannot vote. If your prediction is correct, place 1 dreadnought from your reserves on a system with your units.

I predict Hedgethorn.

edited December 2017
    No action card plays from me

@Hedgethorn I take it you're just taking this one with your card?

Otherwise, I could have my arm twisted to sell some votes.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I may use my card. But we should see if anyone else wants to play an action card, and I'm also willing to consider offers if anyone wants to pay me handsomely for the victory point.

Ohoho. Well, I was gonna try to make a deal based on the Support for the Throne promissory note, but I also noticed that you're in the same position as me in being at the back of the pack VP-wise. So I'd have to guess that the Support for the Throne card wouldn't be enough and I don't have any more resources to give.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I may use my card. But we should see if anyone else wants to play an action card, and I'm also willing to consider offers if anyone wants to pay me handsomely for the victory point.

@Hedgethorn

What do you want for it?

I'd need something more valuable than a victory point; i.e., more than 5 trade goods (which seems to be the least expensive victory point currently on the table) in order to seriously consider giving this to somebody else.

Well then, to keep things moving...

Use Committee Formation to elect myself, taking the Crown of Emphidia.

edited December 2017
    @MrBody to start the next round.

Hedgethorn on
    Dreadnought on Zobhat.

Forgot to do this in the last agenda, so just so it's officially captured in this bit
    Preda gives me his two commodities and 1TG
    I give him 4 commodities

I'd need something more valuable than a victory point; i.e., more than 5 trade goods (which seems to be the least expensive victory point currently on the table) in order to seriously consider giving this to somebody else.

Okay, well, it seems like no biters, so ...
    Well then, to keep things moving...

Use Committee Formation to elect myself, taking the Crown of Emphidia.

:|

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Forgot to do this in the last agenda, so just so it's officially captured in this bit
    Preda gives me his two commodities and 1TG
    I give him 4 commodities

Confirm.

edited December 2017
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Activate Jol Naar system
    Move the one GF from Naar to Jol
    Build two carriers (3x2), two fighters (1) and two GF (free from saween tools)

Slight error I missed before. You can't move them because there was no capacity ships present to carry them. The carriers were built after the movement. The infantry has to stay on Naar for now.

Also the limit of carriers on the board is 4. You're currently at 3 and can only build 1 more. Do you wish to cancel and have the 3 TG refunded? Or some other change to production?

MrBody on
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Activate the alpha wormhole between Jol-Nar space and Cruess space.
    Move my Cruiser and Destroyer from the empty space tile above Jol-Nar to the Alpha Wormhole.
    Give Arborec Trade Agreement to Jol-Nar.

I should've been able to take a PDS shot here, since I've got a PDS2 in the Arnor-Lor system.

@MrBody / @Hedgethorn is it too late?

Sorry you should have been able to do this.

geth roll 1d10t5

1d10t5 1 [1d10t5=5]

@Mojo_Jojo to assign hit and make production change call

@Mrbody Two errors in one move. That's a record even for me! Can I refund the 1TG and have a cruiser instead, please.

Also Elvenshae made that PDS roll himself a while back and it missed, so there's no need to assign damage

Making changes.

Unit limits are listed underneath the map on each update for quick reference.

edited December 2017
    Round 5 - Strategy Phase

Map
    FqULHvzm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar Letnev
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP Letnev Jol-Nar
    II- Manipulate Galactic Law- Spend 16 influence. 2 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 3
    Hedgethorn - 2
    Brody - 4
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney **Speaker**
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    3JdCinC.png

Elvenshae
    4 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    hSZONN9.png

Mojo
    6 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    qEt3tFu.png

Hedgethorn
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Crown of Emphidia - Law - A player gains this card and 1 victory point if they capture a planet in the owner's home system. Then the previous owner loses 1 victory point.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    Nq8UcNW.png

Brody
    6 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    5tbEzSv.png

Preda
    3 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    HRv2yYw.png

Cards (Diplomacy: 3 bonus trade goods. Warfare: 1 bonus trade good)
    F9TgzcL.png
    2PQjpdt.png

@MrBlarney

MrBody on
    edited December 2017
    @MrBody I should have no more commodities and three more TG

And the new objective is missing from the objective list

Mojo_Jojo on
    Regardless of what updates are needed in the game status, I'll select the (1) Leadership strategy card.

@Elvenshae has the next selection.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Technology

@Mojo_Jojo for next action selection.

Diplomacy
    +3 TG

@Hedgethorn

Imperial.

@Brody

Trade

@Preda

Great, no one have choosen the ones I needed the secondary of...
    Let's go Politics than...

@MrBlarney 's action then