As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Happy Holidays

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Happy Holidays

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    You guys still have Crunchy Fuckers up there? They stopped selling them here years ago.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Are they both in the same grocery store?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Couples frequently split up in a store and stay in communication via phone to save time.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The old man is buying the Crunchy Fuckers cereal. Notice the divider on the belt.

Gabe's selection includes Merch(?) cereal, Fruit, Shit, and Poop.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The old man is buying the Crunchy Fuckers cereal. Notice the divider on the belt.

I believe that would be "Fruit Oh's" and "Poop Toots".

(Though "Fruit" and "Fruit Oh's" also look like they could be two different cereals.)

dennis on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I believe that would be "Fruit Oh's" and "Poop Toots".

(Though "Fruit" and "Fruit Oh's" also look like they could be two different cereals.)

I read that as 'Poop Kooks', but those could be Ts I guess.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I see Y-OOY-3

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Couples frequently split up in a store and stay in communication via phone to save time.

This is an actual thing?

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Are Tycho's hands purple in panel 3, or is he clutching a produce bag? The most logical thing to me was that he wears latex gloves in public (I liked that answer, anyway) but he doesn't have them in panel one.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

This is an actual thing?

I didn't add an extra body to my legal existence to not take advantage of the three dimensional benefits.

But yeah it's totally a thing. My wife and I don't quite split up but when there's a list I'll usually go get the next few things and bring them back to the cart. She'll pick out veggies while I grab some bread and cheese.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

This is an actual thing?

I didn't add an extra body to my legal existence to not take advantage of the three dimensional benefits.

But yeah it's totally a thing. My wife and I don't quite split up but when there's a list I'll usually go get the next few things and bring them back to the cart. She'll pick out veggies while I grab some bread and cheese.

Most stores I go to are crowded enough and the carts unwieldy enough that it's well worth it being able to send a Runabout (or, puddle jumper?) to dart in and out of aisles from which you just need one thing. On the rare occasion I have to go to a Walmart or similar place, I could definitely see the benefit of splitting into a Groceries party and a Housewares party to make the experience as quick as possible.

• Options
    My wife and I used to split up whenever we shopped for groceries, but we stopped after the TPK.

• Options
    AlecAlec Louisville, KYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I always ask for the oldest, worst model of new technology.

Also, dang. I haven't posted here for 10 years.

Alec on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Another married person here confirming that it's absolutely normal to split the party for efficiency when shopping and to call/text inside the store to coordinate

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    The fruit cereal appears to have variant collectible boxes. Those monsters! ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Another married person here confirming that it's absolutely normal to split the party for efficiency when shopping and to call/text inside the store to coordinate

I do it because my wife goes down every aisle and looks at every little damn thing whether we need it or not, so to calm the boiling rage I feel when forced to shop with her I go ahead and get the stuff we actually came to the store to buy.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    wallywest wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

I do it because my wife goes down every aisle and looks at every little damn thing whether we need it or not, so to calm the boiling rage I feel when forced to shop with her I go ahead and get the stuff we actually came to the store to buy.

This is what I used to do. Now I'm designated toddler herder, which just replaces it with a different rage.

Just today: Wife goes down cereal aisle, kid makes a run for the cookies.
    "No. No, we have cookies at home. Put them back. Come back here! Don't run out in the - Goddamnit slow down (Sorry sir) Get out of that shelf. Don't do it, I see what you're thinking, put it back (Sorry ma'am) Seriously you are going to bed. No, I'm not getting you that, you're being bad, now come here and I'll let you have a piggy back ride."

We are now in the toy department and I walk back to the other damn side of the store. Wife is coming out of the cereal aisle. "You're just standing here? I could have used your help. God why are you breathing so hard, you should tell the doctor about that shortness of breath you get carrying him."

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

This is an actual thing?

I have seen a man and wife couple with two teenagers operate more efficiently than a pit crew at Daytona.

Momma was in charge, because if Momma aint' happy, ain't nobody happy.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

This is an actual thing?

I have seen a man and wife couple with two teenagers operate more efficiently than a pit crew at Daytona.

I'm very glad I initially misread this sentence.