As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The robot is not to be trusted, [chat]

BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left UnfinishedRegistered User regular
Only Narwhal can be relied upon, we've been through this before.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    thank christ i was running out of air

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Geth is a good robit, what do you mean?

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    8ueourv970zs.png

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2017
    Elki wrote: »
    vtu6a6vklsb5.jpg

About... "yea" big.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Right. Like what am I to do?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    5uhcrxduq38a.jpg

The cutest thing you'll see today.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I am stinking up the construction trailer. Someone is going to wonder who let the horse shit in here.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I did this for nanowrimo and it ended up working out so in order to try and hold myself further accountable: I have 50k words of a book written. Before december ends I will finish writing the main chunks book so that I can begin rewrites and revisions. "Finish" is not as strict of a deadline as 50k words but I have a good goal in mind. Scrivener has been incredibly useful.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    laura dern is a good egg

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Remember that someone, sometime, somewhere, said that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing but expecting a different result?

And they call me crazy, [chat].

I'm just sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Some jobs can be automated, some jobs cannot.

Pax Narwhalia!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    https://www.rferl.org/a/supporters-free-saakashvili-from-custody/28898364.html

Crazy ass video. Love that guy on top of the van.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I just picked up this new book called Twilight, I’m looking forward to reading it! Anyone have any opinions on it?

• Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I too thought about throwing a junta chat, but I thought the named starter and the back up both have 15 minutes.

Is Narwhal overthrowing the Chat-stitution?

I have become the gladiator champion in ancient egypt. The mad man from Siwa is what they call me!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I too thought about throwing a junta chat, but I thought the named starter and the back up both have 15 minutes.

last i heard it's 10 mins each

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I just picked up this new book called Twilight, I’m looking forward to reading it! Anyone have any opinions on it?

This book seems hard to read.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    thank christ i was running out of air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

i dont remember was he a good guy or bad guy

Bless your heart.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

He simply did it and dared the mods or anyone else for that matter to stop him. They have not. He is now king.

TTODewback wrote: »

who can say anymore

The rule was 10 and 5, then 10 and 10, and now you're telling me it's 15 and 15?

Gosh darn it I should have posted my original version of this thread, where yes, I made it much more abundantly clear that the robot is not welcome in this thread, this is a coup, I am declaring myself dictator-for-life, and we can either resist that whole plan OR we can realize how much easier it makes everything!

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Speaking of nano @BeNarwhal I read what you have so far

You should definitely write more! It's conversational and readable and flows nicely. I basically like the balance of anecdotes to lectures, but I think I would balance it slightly more heavily towards anecdotes. Still, the way the two are interspersed and the not strictly chronological way everything is arranged so far is good

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    like a half hour without chat wouldn't do some of us good.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Good pre afternoon Chat

D&D nonsense ahoy
    In my D&D game my character is no longer a shapeshifter thanks to the big bad guy and some die rolls, but is now just a plain old lady tiefling. Well, a crotchety old gnome male who is stuck as a female tiefling... with hooves, a forked tail, and who does not cast a shadow

The DM has had my minion (a succubus that I captured with a true name amulet, currently tasked with running a long con on a group of nobles) offer to hook me up with a devil that could turn me into my original form as a gnome

On the one hand being a lady tiefling isn't really my warlock's jam (as a succubus he could shapeshift freely to whatever so it wasn't an issue), otoh muh soul. Soul vs dick+feet, is tough choice.

We had a scene where my warlock was in the party's keep in wrapped in a blanket in his underwear staring forlornly at the hooves sobbing, spending 1100 gold (thats a lot!) to call an imp from the nine hells to go get me a cake from a bakery so I feel better, and I keep making dexterity checks whenever I dash or something since going from feet to hooves ought to be an awkward transition, leading to lots of falling over and going prone in combat.

The DM loves that I'm imposing disadvantages on my character for entirely RP reasons including wasting significant portions of my gold on coping mechanisms

override367 on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

He’s pretty bad.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I propose that actually it is only the robot that can be trusted. Geth should assume control of [chat] creation as a function of [chat] recycling.

No wait, no doubt, no resistance.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Also I pronounce Aioua's name outloud as Iowa like the state. Is this correct?

/aɪ'yaʊweɪ/

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    I do like as you progress in AC Origins people will call out "Oh shit thats you!" Like I rescued a rebel leader to help me take over a fort and he's all "Oh shit the dude who fights by himself in the arena? FUCK YEAH I'M TEAM BAYEK!"

As they should, I'm the one good Egyptian cop left. Just me and my mystical eagle solving crimes. By uhhh murdering a lot of people. I did laugh at a mission where I was looking for a singular murderer and in the course of it killed at least 10 soldiers.

"yeah uhh we have to find this singular murderer he's not keeping up his end of the murder bargain."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    @desc with Get Out, the spoilers part of the end is I guess kind of a silly idea in a vacuum but fits pretty perfectly with the movie and its themes. I can't blame you for thinking its not a great idea from reading the summary but I think that a plot synopsis does the movie a disservice.

I ate an engineer
    what if the chat thread never closed or recycled?

curse of osiris is apparently live now

to continue working from home or not to cont...

too late

Oh! Thank you, @credeiki :) Yeah, I didn't set any hard rules about what I wrote about during the challenge (aside from the outline you see at the top of the document), whatever topic spoke to me on that day, I jumped on it. And, admittedly, personal anecdotes could be harder to write than the essays, so I probably went in that direction more often than not. The same can be said for the chronology - while I do intend for the finished product to be a semi-linear narrative interspersed with the essays or letters, I didn't handicap myself with any particular rules while I was just getting started :)

I'm very glad and very humbled that you read it, though, and I very much appreciate the feedback! <3

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    what if the chat thread never closed or recycled?
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    *nods pleasantly, repeatedly presses button labeled "heresy" on underside of desk in an increasingly rapid manner*

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    The new Twin Peaks on Blu-ray is in stores now.

I got one for pickup at Best Buy.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I wish I was a bb-8

Chanus wrote: »
    curse of osiris is apparently live now

to continue working from home or not to cont...

too late

Maybe the PS4 clan will have more than two people on at a time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    hm we got approval yesterday to do a cool technique that we have absolutely 0 training data for and for which it is non-trivial to generate training data and for which training data may or may not exist somewhere in the bowels of academia (maybe with licensing problems if it does)

ummmmmmm

This is sort of a problem...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I propose that actually it is only the robot that can be trusted. Geth should assume control of [chat] creation as a function of [chat] recycling.

No wait, no doubt, no resistance.

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

sig.gif
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

He is a mob guy like most Eastern European leaders.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.