As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    corporate grant looks preeetttty good

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Heck, everything in that pack looks pretty good so far.

Slightly worried about Personalized Portal, since it's basically going to be in-faction Commerical Bankers for NBN, but it can have ICE protecting it and costs more to trash.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    And I'm most excited about NEXT Sapphire. Quite a good lookin' pack, I gotta say.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

I'm pretty jet lagged in part one. Part two I'm less of a mess.
    Don't be shocked to see me on other podcasts.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you gonna do a post-worlds writeup, cerb?

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I was thinking about it. Just depends if I have time at the moment.

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I played so much Adam that I've forgotten how to play Shaper, which used to be easily my most comfortable faction. I get antsy with all the setup and want to RUN ALL OF THE THINGS.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    New preview today showed off some new art.

Data raven is awesome. Is that the alt art from before, or completely new?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Athenor wrote: »
    New preview today showed off some new art.

Data raven is awesome. Is that the alt art from before, or completely new?

Pretty sure that's the full alt-art, just compressed down into the regular size.

tzeentchling on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So I haven't played in awhile either in person or J.Net since my meta kindof died, but with the new core set and an upcoming move I'm looking to get back into the game and persuing decks on netrunnerdb from Worlds. Would there be any interest in trying to have a PA night on J.net at some point for casual play? I thought the tournament we did awhile back was fun if there was any interest in that but I don't think I have the time to organize it right now.

Neaden on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    I would love to do some Jinteki games with PA peeps. It seems like the thread has died off a bit though so I don't know what the interest would be. I'd be down.

Probably just a little bit of a lull while we wait on news of the next cycle or the Revised Core to actually come out.

Or them to announce locations for Store Champs season. Which we are technically in...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    There is actually a store champ in my area this weekend that I was thinking of going to. Have they actually posted what is in the store champ kits for this year?

fetal.ai posted some pics but they don't reveal that stuff officially anymore

this year's store champ swag is All Smoke All the Time

in other news, revcore runners preview:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/28/change-the-world/

nothing earth-shattering, just some art we haven't seen

basically any card that had a core set runner on it has been updated

Shorty wrote: »
    this year's store champ swag is All Smoke All the Time

Easily the ugliest mat I've ever seen. I no longer feel any pressure to T4 any of them this year.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    in other news, revcore runners preview:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/28/change-the-world/

nothing earth-shattering, just some art we haven't seen

basically any card that had a core set runner on it has been updated

Dinosaurus doesn't have an eyepatch in the cooonsole art: immediate riot.

Clearer pictures show that Fisk Investment Seminar is the alt art participation prize. Really happy, I was crying out for copies 4 to 6 of that one.

edited November 2017
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That's pretty cute, especially given that inserting fake versions of well-known media is a classic Fallout trope.

Revised Core has a official US release date of December 14’th.

persona4celestia.jpg
    I went 0-4 with Reg Val at my first store championship yesterday. Nuts to this, I'm playing Adam next week.

persona4celestia.jpg

Brief story update to the state of the world at the time of Revised Corr.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »

for those of you local to Seattle: they always list Uncle's Games as just in Spokane but they're going to have a store champ at each of their Seattle-area locations as well

And for those of you outside of North America, enjoy digging through Facebook events and fan maintained spreadsheets to find events, because you're not as important .

edited December 2017
    Actually won some runner games at the SC today! 3-1, with the loss being a narrow 7-6 vs Moons CI, which is a terrible matchup anyway.

Corp wasn't so impressive, but only due to badly flooding twice. I don't think I've ever felt more disheartened when playing Netrunner than a turn two Ultraviolet Clearance drawing four agendas.

Epimer on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    That's pretty cute, especially given that inserting fake versions of well-known media is a classic Fallout trope.

They've always been Tragic cards to me since Fallout 2.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    The thought of the psychic detective being one of the strongest tools of the corporations has always sat poorly with me, I hope she becomes a runner card.

IT’S TIME

Sovereign Sight has a US release date of 12/28.

https://youtu.be/ZABCeVA_ung

persona4celestia.jpg
    "...Africa?

...oh, right"

Is Credit Kiting in this pack?

edited December 2017
    No, Credit Kiting is in pack 2, Down the White Nile.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh hey, we have a Rules Reference now to go along with the Revised Core.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Jakodrako helped edit that so it should be pretty good

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    This is a question I just don't know how to ask
    What is the difference between the original FFG netrunner and 2.0? Did the original one become obsolete? Is it's supplements no longer valid?

edited December 2017
    Technically it isn't a 2.0, it's a Revised Core set. It didn't pull a AGOT and wipe out the old card pool completely. The old core rotated out with rotation (which took the first two cycles out as well, which we knew was happening for a while... they just triggered it a bit early so it was in place for Worlds), and some of the healthy cards from those two cycles got reprinted in the Revised Core. The cards that didn't get reprinted in the revised core are gone, though.

The NRDB list of cards in Revised Core.

Usually the stuff that's gone is the stuff no one was using and won't be missed (Wyrm), or was hot bullshit and no one will miss (Account Siphon, Noise, Parasite, ETF).

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I am super happy with the new chits in the game. Everything is higher-rez, and the click trackers are actually double sided!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch