As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cthulhu Wars - Game 3 - Tcho-Tcho victory on turn 3!

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    How open are you to giving me three power?
    What I get in return?

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    @Daemonis remember that there are always also my 3 doom points offered for that 3 power...

Preda on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    You get your spellbook requirement checked off at a time when no one can really act against you on the power curve.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Sure, theres Tcho, but i really think he's gonna sack his high priests for doom points

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    No, I prefer Preda's option

• Options
    edited December 2017
    That is unfortunate.

Oprah Winfey my last spellbook requirement. You get a monster! you get a monster! Everyone gets their most expensive monster summoned at a gate they own!

Take Worship Services as my 6th spellbook.

Spend 1 power via Recriminations to flip Mindless spellbook to Extinction spellbook.

1->0

@daemonis for sleeper actually doing something now. Remember that i can still sack my high priest if you're thinking of snacking on anyone.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Also, you got this all saved right @Mordenthral ?
    Forum festivus is coming up and while love festivus, id hate to see it kill the posting momentum we have right now

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    To be honest, not sure what to do :)
    Place Formless Spawn to Central America,
    Sacrifice HP to get 2 power, spend 3 power to give everyone 1 power (get Ancient Sorcery), 2->1

@Preda

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Predictions for round 3:

https://youtu.be/Z0KrbsvbxtE
    Also, holy fuck am i glad i watched most of slash's music video before i decided to share that one here. Id have been red carded to oblivion.

And a tangeant, but it proves youtube is full of shit. Slash put that thing on youtube and its still monetized, and then everyone else that doesnt have his legal pull is SOL

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    Place Proto Shoggoth in the Yukon.

• Options
    Byakhee in Europe. Also another Undead in Europe 1->0
    @jakobagger
    @mindflare77 has also to choose 1/2 spellbook.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Dark Young, the Lovecraft-themed rapper, is giving a concert in West Africa.

• Options
    You also have 1 power as a gift from Sleeper, @jakobagger . You could summon a fungus or move a dude or something.

• Options
    mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    @jakobagger

Unfortunately, I don't. Just checked, and the specific wording is Faction spellbooks. I think that it is theoretically possible for WW to never get that spellbook in a smaller game with independent spellbooks. So Recriminations means he doesn't have six faction spellbooks. /sigh.

Also, Gnoph-Keh in South Atlantic.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Huh, nice.

Also summon an acolyte in West Africa with that bonus power then.

• Options
    @mindflare77 , you've got 1 power from Sleeper to do a thing with.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Hunting Horror in the South Asia

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Sacrifice high priest. 1->3. Build Gate in Mountains of Madness. 3->0. Control Gate with Acolyte.

@Saurfang

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    Wow, you guys are on the ball! I wondered what all the activity was about...

Starspawn to South Atlantic.

It is @Saurfang

Update will be posted in about 2 minutes.

No idea what saving this and forum festival is about, @NotoriusBEN ? Also, well done with Recriminations use.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Wow, you guys are on the ball! I wondered what all the activity was about...

Starspawn to South Atlantic.

It is @Saurfang

Update will be posted in about 2 minutes.

No idea what saving this and forum festival is about, @NotoriusBEN ? Also, well done with Recriminations use.

Closer to Christmas all of the regular forums disappear and are replaced by a special Holiday forum for a while (5-7 days or so?). When that happens this thread will be inaccessible, so you'd either need to put the game on hold until the forums return or have everything saved to create a temp thread in the Holiday forum to keep going over that stretch.

• Options
    Move one cultist from the Arctic to the Yukon. 1>0

@NotoriusBEN

• Options
    @Mordenthral I thought you couldn't place a monster where you don't have a controlled gate?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    @Mordenthral I thought you couldn't place a monster where you don't have a controlled gate?

According to the map, it ended up in the South Pacific. So. Typo, methinks.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Yes, typo. I not so gud wif my oshuns.

On another note, anyone in this game want to take over CC in Game 2? Jdarksun seems to have had enough.

• Options
    thought about it for a while, I really did want 16 power, but I think its best to get ahead of the action economy next turn with all the giant fucking monsters running around.
    Sacrifice High Priest. 1->3
    Summon Yothan in Indian Ocean. 3->0

@Brody for chaos.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @jakobagger

Unfortunately, I don't. Just checked, and the specific wording is Faction spellbooks. I think that it is theoretically possible for WW to never get that spellbook in a smaller game with independent spellbooks. So Recriminations means he doesn't have six faction spellbooks. /sigh.

Also, Gnoph-Keh in South Atlantic.

It is possible, but those independent spellbooks are not no-brainer choices. A faction's spellbooks are often how a particular faction gets their action/power/doom economy running.
    Recriminations is a no-brainer pick for Ancients for obvious reasons, but I did really hurt my own Turn2 engine. I shouldn't have given out so many monsters, but since I was able to do so at the end of the turn, its had negligible ramifications for Present Me. Its a Future Me problem that is mitigated somewhat because all y'all gotta deal with each other with 8+power next turn.

Reading over the independent books, there is definite power there, but you are also definitely giving up a big aspect of your faction in the end by taking one.

mock double post:
    also, servitors are just the DICKEST of units... hands down.
    -Can't summon monsters until they are out... so that means you spend 3 rounds summoning the bastards unless you are Black Goat, but you still gotta burn 3 power on them.
    -minus 1 attack power, so you don't want to group them but they are just a drag no matter where you put them.
    -and get this... it behooves an enemy to target them if possible, because eliminating or killing them? guess what? you gotta buy them back onto the board before you can put your own stuff down.

only one player is at most inconvenienced by them. Yellow Sign.
    Yellow Sign can just Desecrate and oh darn, I gotta summon *somebody* to generate power for my desecration symbol.

The more I read that card the more I hate it and I don't think it should be used in games. It will end friendships.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I've definitely had servitors given to me before and it was a bummer. But hey! That's how it goes sometimes.

• Options
    Sack High cultist 1->3
    Move Nyarlathotep and 1 cultist from South Asia to South Atlantic.

3->1

@Mordenthral

• Options
    edited December 2017
    The more I read that card the more I hate it and I don't think it should be used in games. It will end friendships.
    I think only if you take your games too seriously.

Servitors can still be useful. They can capture cultists, help Black Goat spread out, food for Shoggoths, slow down the leader, just a couple examples. I don’t think that giving them to someone is any more dickish than stealing one of their Gates.

Not really anything strategic I can do here. Let’s..

Move: Acolyte from S.P. to South America West for 1 Power.

1 -> 0

I’ll do Gather Power when I’m home from work, if no one else is popping a High Priest Lovecraft.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    Still some Power left! @Daemonis ?

• Options
    Actually @Brody has one power left, right?

• Options
    Yes, I have the power!

• Options
    However, daemonis also has power, and is next in the turn order.

• Options
    Ancient Sorcery my Serpent Man to Tcho-Tcho. 1->0.
    @Brody I guess

• Options
    Damn it. I just posted an update.

@Brody

• Options
    @Brody does indeed have one power left. I'm assuming there'll be a 9v6 battle once he pops in, and that I'll be redoing this round next round.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    @Brody does indeed have one power left. I'm assuming there'll be a 3 GOO over an unholy cathedral 9v6 battle once he pops in, and that I'll be redoing this round next round.

• Options
    @Brody does indeed have one power left. I'm assuming there'll be a 3 GOO over an unholy cathedral 9v6 battle once he pops in, and that I'll be redoing this round next round.

Well... Pissfiddles. Should be interesting! Or, at least, likely bloody.

8BFpSWC.png

• Options
    Just try not to choose to pain or kill your GOOs. CC gets elder signs or more power and just chain smacks

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Just try not to choose to pain or kill your GOOs. CC gets elder signs or more power and just chain smacks

With only 2 other pieces to absorb hits and 9 dices? Good luck with that...