As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cthulhu Wars - Game 3 - Tcho-Tcho victory on turn 3!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Mortal Combat!

Start a fight with Windwalker 1->0

Pre-battle, bring in the Hunting Horror.

@mindflare77 to respond.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Precisely. As I said, it'll be bloody. And I'll be pretty much replaying this round next round (resummoning GOOs, losing MoM gate, etc.), just with less power.

No response or anything. Can't do anything but fight and hope. So... Someone else to roll, cause I dunno the commands and am on mobile?

I'll give it a shot.

geth roll 6d6 for Windwalker
    geth roll 9d6 for CC

Windwalker:
    6d6 19 [6d6=6, 2, 2, 2, 4, 3]
    CC:
    9d6 43 [9d6=6, 3, 5, 6, 5, 6, 4, 5, 3]

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @Mordenthral since there's high probabilty of Elder signs production now, I'm still missing my Hastur elder sign. Who I was to @ for that?

• SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    If Chaos isn't crazy lucky with rolls, your GOOs should just be pained. We'll just have to see the rolls.

Wellp. There's my karma, I suppose? So, kill Gnoph-Keh, Acolyte, Rhan Tegoth. Pain Ithaqua to Mountains. @Brody for one Kill, one Pain. Summon Wendigo in SA from Cannibalism.

8BFpSWC.png

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Im curious if i can blow up a cathedral if it isnt my battle.

Probabaly wont do it if so... ./devil grin

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited December 2017
    As it is written in the third post, you sure can. But I don't have any other sources on Ancients handy, so can't confirm.
    @Brody also have to choose between 6 power, 3 power and 2 elder signs or 4 elder signs.
    So if you can, killing Nyarly isn't a bad idea...

Preda on
    @NotoriusBEN I was going to say that it probably did count for battles you aren't in, but then noticed that Madness specifies that it includes battles I did not participate in.

Checking things before finishing my move, sorry.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited December 2017
    Nope, you can't. Just reread the rule, and postbattle ability can be used by non involved faction only if it specifically said so (like Black Goat Necrophagy).

Preda on
    edited December 2017
    Kill the Hunting Horror, Pain Nyarlathotep, claim the Gate, going to 4 gates and claiming the Madness book.

I'll take 6 Power. Nyarlathotep will retreat to East Africa.

Buy my 5th book. Invisibility.

@Mordenthral to move to the next phase.

Brody on

edited December 2017
    No @Brody .. you gotta spend that power this phase if you keep it.

By the way, my kaiju are not GOOs, they are Terrors, completely different.

Look at what you wrought Sleeper! This turn is insanity! And we were all insane to begin with!

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited December 2017
    I remember reading about it during the kickstarter campaign and managed to track down the reference. Not sure if I'm allowed to link because it's a kickstarter, but here's the relevant quote:

2) Unholy Ground – their signature spellbook. If a battle happens in an area containing your cathedral, you can destroy a cathedral (from anywhere) post-battle to eliminate an enemy Great Old One that was in the battle. This is pretty scary for your enemies, and means their Great Old Ones tend to avoid your Cathedral areas.

Hmmm. Actually, I'm not sure if that clarifies or not! I'll try to find something more definitive.

Edit2: okay, I always thought this meant Ancients didn't even have to be involved in the battle, but it doesn't specifically say so here! I'm leaning towards they can't activate the Cathedral if they weren't involved.

Saurfang on
    edited December 2017
    Oh duh... spellbook requirement, you did spend the power, brody

Also, ill wait for Mordy's ruling on cathedral explosions. Not sure I will since Black Goat is a neighbor ive been ignoring.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Brody wrote: »
    Kill the Hunting Horror, Pain Nyarlathotep, claim the Gate, going to 4 gates and claiming the Madness book.

I'll take 6 Power. Nyarlathotep will retreat to Arabia.

Buy my 5th book. Invisibility.

@Mordenthral to move to the next phase.

@Brody retreat doesn't use flight. you should run only in spaces next to South Alantic.

Updated my post to not break the rules.

• DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Look at what you wrought Sleeper! This turn is insanity! And we were all insane to begin with!
    You should just let me eat your monsters :)

So, current status: @Brody is waiting on @Mordenthral to make a ruling on Cathedrals for @NotoriusBEN, yes? And then it's to @Mordenthral to officially move us to the next phase?

8BFpSWC.png

edited December 2017
    Negative, i got a PM from Mordy. , I cant summon Atom unless I am involved in the fight. So i guess its Turn 3

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    @Brody , buying Invisibility with the 6 Power, or with 4 Power and leaving 2 for this round?

You have to be involved in the Battle to use Unholy Ground (for now, the power may be reworded before release.)

I'm using the 6 power buy this time, so I don't have to worry about it later.

edited December 2017
    Map is updated.

73a910681132763.jpg

Note that Sleeper only has 11 Power until the Doom phase. @Brody to decide direction of play. After that, declare if you are doing a Ritual, in order, and also mention any Doom phase shenanigans (Blood Sacrifice, Ubbo Growth, Death from Below, etc.)

If you do Ritual, declare if you are giving extra Doom to Tcho-Tcho and/or Sleeper, or getting 2 Doom less from the Ritual.

Send messages to @ArcSyn for Elder Signs.

Mordenthral on
    edited December 2017
    Oi. You forgot my 3 power for worship services.... ... ...
    And sleepers extra power and Chaos' 2 for sharing with me

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Oi. You forgot my 3 power for worship services.

I knew I would forget something! Stupid Ancients BS. :biggrin:

Post updated (map not yet). @Brody is first to decide direction and Ritual.

Also, all Elder Things must be in the Mountains of Madness by the end of next turn, or Tcho-Tcho forfeit to the spirit of HPL.

D=

8BFpSWC.png

Lets go backwards. Also, I'll totes do one of them Ritual things!

@Mordenthral

Lets go backwards. Also, I'll totes do one of them Ritual things!

@Mordenthral
    No Ritual (or other things) for me.

@Brody , note your Power usage and also whether you are giving extra Doom points to Tcho-Tcho and Sleeper, or taking less Doom from your Ritual. (See Tcho-Tcho’s Sycophancy faction ability which Sleeper is copying.)

To get us on point.. ‘backwards’ means to the left? I made an assumption that I was next because you pinged me, but that wouldn’t be backwards, I think.

The first 5 Power Ritual is now done, 16 -> 11 Power for @Brody . Send a message to ArcSyn asking for an Elder Sign and declare your choice for the double Sycophancy.

I believe it costs 5 power this round? And I'll take 2 less on my Ritual.

Also, @NotoriusBEN is next.

edited December 2017
    I would have assumed that backwards would be the opposite direction we just went. <<.

Edit ** i was right

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Yeah, sorry, I am bad at things.

I believe it costs 5 power this round?
    Not just this round, it’s 5 Power for the first Ritual, then it moves up to the next cost (6) for the next player to do one. If we all did a Ritual this Doom phase and next Doom phase the game would be over. :)

edited December 2017
    Also, @Saurfang gets a Spellbook (I forsee him getting all remaining 3 this phase, so Windwalker will probably get one too.)

Edit: Fun fact. Chance of rolling three 6’s on four dice is 20 in 1296; or 1.5% :cry:

Mordenthral on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I'll blood sacrifice one of the acolytes in West Africa to gain an Elder Sign

Is @NotoriusBEN next in the order?

He is, and you need to pick a Spellbook for Brody’s Ritual.

edited December 2017
    I will get my doom actions in later. Sorry guys. Snap hosting of family tonight.

Their polar express train derailed at 300p today so im entertaining them instead... its pulling teeth with these particular people.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    @ArcSyn I need an Elder Sign.