As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mafia de Cuba] Don don done. (Agent Victory)

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    So @Egos since all the diamonds were in the box when you saw it, and you must've taken a loyal henchman token, what token did jdarksun take?
    I wanted to post a cool GIF, but alas maybe later. There was one less Agent.

giphy.gif

Egos on
  • Options
    There were only 2 loyal henchman cards when I got the box. I'm...not exactly sure how that happened. An aside

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Well now, Bluecyan vs Egos on that claim

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    There were only 2 loyal henchman cards when I got the box. I'm...not exactly sure how that happened. An aside

pssst, read the special rules for the first player!

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »

pssst, read the special rules for the first player!

b66a2dbd7745bdccfe7d54514ded08b3_480.jpg
    I have become a scion of Kime

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Interesting. So to only get two Henchman by the second player, the first player would have to take a henchmen, and then dispose of one? Why would you want fewer players on your own team?

So this would leave Egos seeing a box of X Diamonds, 2 Henchmen, 2 Agents, 2 Drivers? If that's the case, then if Blue is telling the truth, of Egos and MrT on should be a driver and the other the jewel thief?

Edit: Which would put MrT as either a jewel thief, or a driver to a jewel thief. I don't want to go too far down the trust Bluecyan rabbit hole, though. Just playing out the entire scenario.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Alternatively, Egos is lying about what he saw in the box.

• Options
    It strikes me as odd that someone would take a henchman and then make it less likely for other people to become henchmen.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

His version is, uh, improbable given what I saw.

Or several of you have a small amount of jewels.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

Partially. Not about the henchmen.

• Options
    It strikes me as odd that someone would take a henchman and then make it less likely for other people to become henchmen.

Less ability for the Don to mess up a pick

But also more chance the Don nabs an Agent

hrm

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »

Less ability for the Don to mess up a pick

But also more chance the Don nabs an Agent

hrm

I think the primary reason for this ability of the first player is to obfuscate what they chose.

• Options
    Yes but why wouldn't you try to use it to advance your win condition as well?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Enjoys the challenge?

• Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Yes but why wouldn't you try to use it to advance your win condition as well?

As well, sure. But that necessitates doing the first thing.

• Options
    If im a first player and pick henchman, i think i pull out an agent.

If im a first player and want to remove a henchman, then i probably pick an agent or steal gems.

Steam
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    So @Egos since all the diamonds were in the box when you saw it, and you must've taken a loyal henchman token, what token did jdarksun take?
    I wanted to post a cool GIF, but alas maybe later. There was one less Agent.

giphy.gif

This is clearly a lie, there were still two agents when it got to me, so it is safe to assume no agents before me. Between Jdark, MrT and Egos there is at most two henchmen and a driver. If we believe Egos then there is one fewer role and an a diamond thief, but he has clearly lied so it is likely he is either a diamond thief or a driver assuming Jdark is a thief.

Of course I could be lieing, however I don't see anything to gain in lieing about how many agents I saw. It doesn't do me any good regardless of my role if the Don picks an agent due to giving him bad info.

• Options

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Still leaves you as either a driver or a thief.

• Options
    If Egos took driver, it's not a given that he is certain about what jdark took at this point.

Let's say he opened up a box and saw: 10 diamonds, 3 Henchmen, 2 Drivers, 2 Agents. Jdark could have either, robbed X-10 diamonds and pitched a henchmen, OR picked a henchmen, pitched nothing, and Sir Fab had taken 5 diamonds out before passing things around.

Good thing I'm not the one making the call here, because this didn't get me any closer to figuring out what is going on.

Steam
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    If Egos took driver, it's not a given that he is certain about what jdark took at this point.

Let's say he opened up a box and saw: 10 diamonds, 3 Henchmen, 2 Drivers, 2 Agents. Jdark could have either, robbed X-10 diamonds and pitched a henchmen, OR picked a henchmen, pitched nothing, and Sir Fab had taken 5 diamonds out before passing things around.

Good thing I'm not the one making the call here, because this didn't get me any closer to figuring out what is going on.

I'm increasingly sure the diamonds that were missing when I got the box are split over two people who had a crack at it before me.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I am very sad that my one of my own would lie to me.

@MrTLicious how many Agent tokens were in the box when you checked?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I can clarify things if you want, Fabulous. I thought you might have been scheming in the shadows.

E: also I didn't read the OP carefully enough :rotate: If it wasn't clear, Jdarksun seemingly took loyal henchman and discarded one; based on the fact only 2 reached me.

Egos on
  • Options
    Let's wait for MrT's response, shall we?

• Options
    Don, I don't wanna miss the concert though

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    There were still 2 agent tokens in the box.

• Options
    @jdarksun empty your pockets.

@Phoenix-D

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    For the sake of keeping the game going:

jdarksun is a loyal henchman

-1 Joker from the Don, 1 remains; play on.

• Options
    I can't confirm whether there were 15 diamonds in the box when he got it, but there definitely weren't 15 when I got it.

Edit: there were 10 but that claim should be obvious from me.

There should have been 13.

• Options
    Not that I'm not interested in how this disagreement plays out, but just a reminder:

Before play begins, the Don has the option of hiding between no and five diamonds away from the other players. Then the cigar box is passed around (via PM in this case) until it circles the group and returns to the Don.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Not that I'm not interested in how this disagreement plays out, but just a reminder:

Before play begins, the Don has the option of hiding between no and five diamonds away from the other players. Then the cigar box is passed around (via PM in this case) until it circles the group and returns to the Don.

I think the implication was that Egos passed MrT 13 diamonds. Egos revealing this info immediately after jdark revealed village might be evidence that he is a driver and is now pro-don.

Steam
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I suspect MrTlicious was throwing me a bone here, so apologies for trying to throw you under the bus Mr. T.

Egos on
  • Options
    Egos claims 15, then 13
    MrT claims 10 (after Bluecyan)
    Bluecyan claims 10

Jdarksun didn't take any

So.. uh??

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Auralynx wrote: »

I was trying to figure out what was going on myself. It's that or I'm committing game seppuku

Egos on
  • Options
    So to clarify, i think this is the turn of events according to Egos & Blue Cyan:

Jdark takes 1 henchman, throws another in the garbage.
    Egos claims 13 (meaning sir fab took out two at the beginning), possibly driver, although i dont think it has been claimed
    MrT takes 3 gems
    Bluecyan sees 10 gems, 2 Henchmen, 1 Driver, 2 Agents

Although the possibility of Egos being a gem thief and Mrt being a driver is still there. And also the possibly of blue lying

Steam
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Egos claims 13 (meaning sir fab took out two at the beginning), possibly driver, although i dont think it has been claimed

If I can , I'll claim it. I wasn't sure the rules on that. Ringo nailed it pretty much.

Egos on
  • Options
    I like that the Agents are apparently buried in the back half of the list, should be some good questions to try to suss out suspicious thieves vs trying to be suspicious agents

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Frisky whisky even.
    Guaranteed to get you all shook down.