As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Game Awards 2018] Habemus doritos papem.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Now I understand why some E3 press streams have obnoxious moving graphics and obnoxious audio playing before the show starts, it's so that viewers can tell if their stream is shitting itself

This static background and absolute silence is kind of prodding me with mild anxiety

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Now I understand why some E3 press streams have obnoxious moving graphics and obnoxious audio playing before the show starts, it's so that viewers can tell if their stream is shitting itself

This static background and absolute silence is kind of prodding me with mild anxiety

yeah, i think there was a brief hiccup before the pre-show where they almost went live and then cut back to the place-holder image. made me check that it hadn't crapped out on me.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mixer stream is freaking out. Desynched video and robot voices.

Mixer stream is freaking out. Desynched video and robot voices.

its running fine on the Xbox channel on there. bonus that you get a 'mixpot' if you have it linked with your Xbox Live account.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    (I'm also really hyped to hear Cuphead playing live on orchestra so I want to make sure my audio is on fucking point)

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    There we go, accounts all linked up. Now to have it on for 30 minutes muted so I get a terrible looking cape in Warframe i'll never use.

"I've been Kyle Bosman, and it's time for me to shed my outer layer and prepare to dress my grim rictus with the flesh of Corporate Advertising Kyle Bosman"

first reveal is a World War Z game. cause no one has done a zombie game before!

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    WWZ is the last fucking property that needed a game adaptation.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Cool, they got the streamer award out of the way early on the pre show

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I can't help but feel that the first big reveal being a zombie game being some kind of meta-commentary on the industry.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Well-deserved music win for Automata.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Sad that Cuphead couldn't take Best Music but sho Automata's aight

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Shadows die twice

Teaser from From

so uh, what was that last reveal? some fucked up bone with mechanical shit grafted to it and then hard cut to a Wolfentein 2 ad.

• President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    Man,

I admire the shit out of Geoff Keighley’s desire to push this industry forward, but based on that preshow, this industry just isn’t grown up enough yet for what he’s trying to do.

This medley’s dope, though.

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Man,

I admire the shit out of Geoff Keighley’s desire to push this industry forward, but based on that preshow, this industry just isn’t grown up enough yet for what he’s trying to do.

That preshow was bad and it should feel bad.

Whatever the hell that last VR game was something that did not need a 'World Premiere' and maybe they were just throwing the crappy stuff out of the way in the preshow? It was like trying to be over the top intentional edgy and just came off as juvenile and bad.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited December 2017
    That is a dapper motherfucker holy shit

Re: I think the audio mixing is off again like last year and the medley bits are a bit tooo short for my taste but I really appreciate the sentiment

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    That is a dapper motherfucker holy shit

That beard and tophat just stole the show.

(She/Her)
    oohhhh new Campo Santo game!!! the look before the revealed the dev had my attention, but so much more interested now! loved Firewatch!

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Man,

That preshow was bad and it should feel bad.

Whatever the hell that last VR game was something that did not need a 'World Premiere' and maybe they were just throwing the crappy stuff out of the way in the preshow? It was like trying to be over the top intentional edgy and just came off as juvenile and bad.

Dumber in that this Roiland game isn't new -- it's been on Steam for a year now.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    New Camp Santo game looks great.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Solid loot box joke from Levi

edited December 2017
    Fucking amazing burn opening the announcement card with his credit card

Ed: Wolfenstein 2 wooo!

BRIAN BLESSED on
    Ceno wrote: »
    Solid loot box joke from Levi

"What? I've gotta make a micro transaction to find out the winner?" :P the 'come on, you know its true' to follow it was nice too.

Hideo Kojima is here.
    Guillermo Del Toro is here.
    Norman Reedus is here.

But, yo, where in the FUCK is Mads Mikkelsen?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hideo Kojima is here.
    Norman Reedus is here.

Probably actually making something somewhere

Hahahah The Shape of Water plug, love this bromance

Hideo Kojima is here.
    Norman Reedus is here.

Probably actually making something somewhere

Making me wistful?

edited December 2017
    To say it wasn't even close for Cuphead to win this category would be a lie but really, really well-deserved

BRIAN BLESSED on
    This thing with the lights mimicking the Divine Beast laser beams is pretty good.

edited December 2017
    AONUMA YOU MADMAN

"While the others had the help of divine beasts, Link did not have one of this own. So now he has one - a fucking motorbike."

BRIAN BLESSED on
    ok, Bethesda hiring Lynda Carter to promote the fact that they make single player games... yeah, i'm here for that.

I don't love hashtags
    But that's a solid hashtag

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    ok, Bethesda hiring Lynda Carter to promote the fact that they make single player games... yeah, i'm here for that.

They actually do a lot of work with her to the point where I'm starting to suspect someone at Bethesda is related to her.

edit- Hah and a quick googling revealed that yes, that is exactly the case. Her husband is CEO of Zenimax.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Wasn’t she one of the 4 Oblivion actors?

She has been in all the TES games since Morrowind (including TESO) and was in Fallout 4.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

She has been in all the TES games since Morrowind (including TESO) and was in Fallout 4.

Wat??

Hard to miss in Fallout 4, but every TES since Morrowind? I did not know this! Who was she in Skyrim?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited December 2017
    This Industry Icon Award has really been the best thing that Keighley introduced to the format

Ed: Unreal 4 Soul Calibur let's gooooo

BRIAN BLESSED on
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »

Wat??

Hard to miss in Fallout 4, but every TES since Morrowind? I did not know this! Who was she in Skyrim?

Azura and Gormlaith Golden-Hilt apparently. Also Azura in TESO.