As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cthulhu Wars - Game 3 - Tcho-Tcho victory on turn 3!

• SaurfangSaurfang Registered User regular
    Hierophants increases Ubbo-Sathla's growth counter by 1. Take the Matyrdom spellbook.

• MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    Does it hurt at all? Not getting free High Priests for these Spellbooks?

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Guess I forgot to ping @ArcSyn for that elder sign.

Does handtracker not work anymore by the way? Seems like that would have been the easy solution but it's been literal years since I used it personally.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    DOOOM! Ritual.
    I also get 2 elder signs for 4churches on the field @ArcSyn i got 20$ for you to give me signs with 3s on them :p
    I will dematerialize my units at North America and pull them all back to Indian Ocean.

Sycophants can get a doom point along with me...

15->9

@Saurfang

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    Again, sorry for the delay, but i had to host family that I dont particularly care for and its oddly suspicious that my Mom's office christmas party was yesterday as well.

Wouldnt be such a problem if my Aunt didnt try to find something wrong with everything. I really wanted to say that the hotel was just 15minutes down the road if she was that unhappy.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    edited December 2017
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Does handtracker not work anymore by the way? Seems like that would have been the easy solution but it's been literal years since I used it personally.
    It would have been, yes. admanb told me it was long gone. I died a little inside.

I don’t know if tagging ArcSyn will work. Just send him a message.

And BEN.. I think you are -never- supposed to give free Doom points! Dude! (Maybe that’s part of your notoriety.)

Mordenthral on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    It would have been, yes. admanb told me it was long gone. I died a little inside.

I don’t know if tagging ArcSyn will work. Just send him a message.

And BEN.. I think you are -never- supposed to give free Doom points! Dude! (Maybe that’s part of your notoriety.)

Oh boo, that is too bad. Do you know the reason? Hosting issues, or admanb just didn't feel like supporting it anymore, or?

And tag worked but I guess next time I will just message, yeah.

edited December 2017
    Ritual! Tablets of the Gods activates, killing all three high priests and earning an Elder Sign for each, plus one for Ubbo. My buddy Sleeper can have a doom for borrowing Sycophancy.

Listen, folks, we all miss high priests Oleg, Francis, and Jerry. But hey! They died for the glory of the Tcho Tcho. The good news is... new high priest positions are OPEN!!

Earn two spellbooks. I'll take Terror and The Stars Are Right. High priests Karen and Jorge join the ranks, one in the Yukon and one in the Arctic. Welcome! We wish you a fulfilling, if not necessarily long, career.

Geth roll 1d6

Ubbo's growth counter goes up by 2 more points.

15>9

@mindflare77 for doom phase.

1d6 2 [1d6=2]

Saurfang on
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    I'll take Ice Age spellbook, from @Saurfang getting 6 faction spellbooks.

Ritual. 9->4. One Elder Sign from Ithaqua, please @ArcSyn.

@jakobagger for Doom Phase.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    So uh, how much do rituals cost now?

And like I said, I blood sacrificed one of the acolytes in West Africa, which I think technically happens now?

I actually don't know, as the image of the ritual track was too low res on my phone. I made an educated guess of 6.

wind walker's rituals always cost five.

At a glance, I think @NotoriusBEN Ritual'd at 6, so @Saurfang should have cost 7, right? Then mine at 5(8), so next ritual would be 9 cost? I could be completely wrong.

8BFpSWC.png

edited December 2017
    Except i think stars are right is another neutral spellbook and its a bummer because i was looking at taking it for next doom phase

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Hm, yeah, I think with 10 power 9 means a pass on ritualing this turn then.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Right, NotoriusBEN paid 6 for his, Saurfang's cost 7, so he should be at 8 power, then mindflare pushed the cost up one more, so the next ritual should cost 9 Power.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Yea, resolution on phones is garbo.
    But its 5, 6,6, 7... i think

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Except i think stars are right is another neutral spellbook and its a bummer because i was looking at taking it for next doom phase

[expletives deleted]

8BFpSWC.png

edited December 2017
    Okay, I was really wrong with my guess.

Ritual track: 5, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 9, 10, Death.

Brody was 5, Ben was 6, Saurfang was 6, I'd have been the third 6. So @jakobagger, it'd be 7 power. I think. Assuming I'm looking at the right thing.

mindflare77 on
    8BFpSWC.png

Oh boo, that is too bad. Do you know the reason? Hosting issues, or admanb just didn't feel like supporting it anymore, or
    Hosting issue.
    I'll take Ice Age spellbook, from @Saurfang getting 6 faction spellbooks.

Ritual. 9->4. One Elder Sign from Ithaqua, please @ArcSyn.

@jakobagger for Doom Phase.
    Unfortunately, Saurfang grabbed a neutral Spellbook, so none for you, yet! Also, are you giving Saurfang and Daemonis extra Doom points or knocking 2 off your Ritual? @mindflare77
    So uh, how much do rituals cost now?

And like I said, I blood sacrificed one of the acolytes in West Africa, which I think technically happens now?
    Yes, Blood Sacrifice happens now.
    Saurfang wrote: »
    wind walker's rituals always cost five.
    In 8-player, Ritual costs are 5-6-6-6-7-7-7-7-8-8-8-8-9-9-9-10.

Only 5 for WW if he has that Spellbook.

They can have extra Doom. Gives Ithaqua some teeth.

8BFpSWC.png

It looks like we're trolling poor Wind Walker with these neutrals! I promise that was not my intention.

Mhmm. Pick on the new guy, I get it! It's fine, it's fine. I'll just sit coldly in the antarctic.

8BFpSWC.png

Pfoo... so much free Doom. This is not going to end well.

I am super bummed about that pick though... i really wanted it, now i gotta look at something else.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    apologies, @NotoriusBEN . It seemed like a natural choice for Tcho Tcho, given our ability to squeeze elder signs out of high priests.

Thankfully, your free ones are done.

edited December 2017
    By my count, there is one 6 power ritual left then. If that is correct, I'm doing it. Turns out it was 7? I think I will pass this time then. Also still blood sacrificing West Africa acolyte.

jakobagger on
    edited December 2017
    Pfoo... so much free Doom. This is not going to end well.
    Thankfully, your free ones are done.

Losing 2 is not a nice trade to keep them in the dirt.

Yea, stars will be nice for these freebie signs, but you aint going to get a power engine out of it.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    If it was just 2 from you, maybe.

Isnt it? They each get 1 or you dont get 2 because they are both grubbing for it?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    By my count, there is one 6 power ritual left then. If that is correct, I'm doing it. Also still blood sacrificing West Africa acolyte.
    Cost is at 7 @jakobagger

Isnt it? They each get 1 or you dont get 2 because they are both grubbing for it?
    They each got one from you, which is liveable, but now also one each from mindflare77.

Yea, stars will be nice for these freebie signs, but you aint going to get a power engine out of it.

I'm intrigued... What do you mean by a power engine, Ben?

So. . .is @Preda next?

Saurfang wrote: »

I'm intrigued... What do you mean by a power engine, Ben?

If you can get elder signs for cheap, taking stars book is akin to making a power engine. It would work extremely well for Yellow Sign, since desolation only costs 1 and they get elder signs when they do so (caveat being hastur is out). So looking at it that way, yellow sign is power neutral at worst, since turning in their elder signs always gives at least 1power. And they get power for feast at descrated places. They can just go and go and go. All for the cost of zingaya or maybe He who must not be named.

Compared to tcho. Will never gain power from it, only mitigate the cost, maybe. Because high priest sacks are where they get their elder signs and they cost 3power to recruit. It is powerful right now, since you have 3 essentially free signs, but that value is gone next doom phase.

But you also have a problem when you reveal signs. You show everyone exactly how far from winning you are and that power gain might be needed to fend off the mob.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    We're on the same page then. I think the Stars book is straight up bonkers for Yellow Sign. I wasn't trying to get the kind of engine you're describing going; I was just trying to defray my power costs.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No ritual. Since no one is intersted in monsters, and I'm already so much in the hole, Let's take Leng spiders. Hastur found a best friend. He'll never go around without him...
    Stars are right was on the plan for next turn... I'll go for plan B
    @Daemonis

edited December 2017
    84b0e8682348443.jpg
    Waiting on @Daemonis

I think we can safely say that Tcho-Tcho is at 15 Doom.

Map updated too.

Mordenthral on
  • DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Perform Ritual, get Cursed Slumber, give 1 Doom to my friend :)
    Return Serpent Man to Central America, Death from Below Serpent Man to North America

@Mordenthral

*facepalm* :biggrin:

OK, and no Ritual from me. I'll post post-Doom phase pics later tonight, but @Brody can go ahead and start off turn 3.