As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PC PICTURES] Show Off Your Rig!

MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
In response to this request by @anoffday , let's start a thread of Rig pics! Remember to abide by the forum rules regarding image size, and please use the Spoiler feature if you're not sure how large (display real estate; not image size) your pics will be.

In true disappointing fashion, I do not have any proper pics of my unassuming Antec Three Hundred that houses my beast. I will try to work on that.

Mugsley on

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Before I post and get myself infracted, does anyone remember the maximum image size? I feel like it was increased recently, but I can't find the rule.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Despite having a really nice case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass), I'm too embarrassed to post pics of it because I refuse to remove the plastic from the side window :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Before I post and get myself infracted, does anyone remember the maximum image size? I feel like it was increased recently, but I can't find the rule.

1 mb. Scroll up and it should be a banner on top of each thread.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Fuck it. The plastic is off!

Ow3hrHs.jpg?1

If you look closely you can see a Red Hood minifig and a pillar of black lego supporting my gpu.

The motherboard, CPU and Ram are ancient, but functional for now.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Computer, I've fixed that fan I believe. Not the cleanest but it was a very simple case.
    vfa415e2w1by.jpg
    The desk. I just recently got a monitor mount though.
    nipxmmxr53kn.jpg
    Arm, relocated the BenQ temporarily.
    a83rwuch1ijy.jpg

Sometimes I'll take the PC downstairs and hook it up to the more fun stuff.
    https://imgur.com/a/GyQWG

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    VarinnVarinn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    I'm considering mine to be complete enough to show it off labelled as such. As is typical for me I really suck at pictures so these are all obnoxiously dark or poorly cropped...

This is my first ever build using non-ATX format, or a window, or RGB, or watercooling... I figured go all in...

Front side and overall location
    zLznUSp.jpg?1

Iph6IhY.jpg?1

Mainboard side faces the wall. I've done a poor job with the wiring here but due to limited space in the rear cover I gave up, lack of space made tucking the slack away very difficult.
    Ktw5Kj3.jpg?1
    3kgP6xy.jpg?1

Closeup of the GPU side, and you can see where I've mounted the LED strips. The glass panels
    vcz2wY8.jpg?1
    ZgC3nQ2.jpg?1

"Build in progress" pics
    w31LlTu.jpg
    VFOhIFC.jpg
    KhYKn8f.jpg
    rnuwBOJ.jpg?1
    qpD9vyg.jpg?1

Full system specs
    Primary hardware:
    Phanteks Shift-X w/ Anthracite grey front and rear panel
    i7-8700k @ 4.8ghz 1.27v delidded
    Asus Z370-i Strix
    GSkill 16GB DDR4-3200 CL15 Trident Z RGB
    EVGA GTX1080 FTW2 ICX
    Samsung 960evo 512GB M.2
    Crucial M4 250gb 2.5" Sata3
    Crucial M500 250gb 2.5" Sata3
    Corsair SF600 powersupply, custom sized Cablemod wiring set

Cooling:
    EKWB Revo100 D5 pump combo w/ EK bracket
    EKWB FC1080 FTW2 FC GPU block
    XSPC Raystorm Pro RGB CPU block
    HardwareLabs 280GTS Nemesis radiator
    2x Phanteks 140mm SP PWM pusher fans
    2x Phanteks stock case fans
    Phobya inline water temperature sensor (The rad fans are controlled via this sensor, pump speed/chassis fans controlled via CPU temps)
    10/13mm Duraclear tubing with assorted fittings to make it work.

HT system:
    Sony Bravia XBR55X900E tv (4k60 for low demand games, 1080p120hz native for any that support high refresh)
    Onkyo TX-SR343 receiver (Not great, do not recommend!)
    2x Polk towers, 1x powered sub, and 2x Bose surrounds. No center channel atm.
    1x ugly TV stand. I really want to replace this but it's not going to happen. Money is gone

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Got my window side panel for my case, since I upgraded the inside with bits that had LEDs all over it. Cleaned up and rearranged the desk to what is my preferred orientation, no idea why I had things the way I did before, this is much better. Pictures(!):

New spooky interior:
    JeXmZdhh.jpg

Pull it back a bit, so pretty:
    uyDCdZTh.jpg

Turn on the room lights, let's take a look at my adequatemediocre cabling:
    QhNBfb3h.jpg

The whole setup:
    3xNU5Ehh.jpg

Panoramic view from my chair:
    etZEvh8h.jpg

Current specs:
    Case: NZXT H630 with NEW WINDOW PANEL UPGRADE
    MOBO: ASUS Prime X370-Pro NEW UPGRADE
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 with Wraith Spire LED Cooler 3.0 GHz, overclocked to ~3.9 GHz NEW UPGRADE
    RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Single DDR4 2400 NEW UPGRADE
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC
    SSD: Kingston 240 GB, Windows and some games, ollllld.
    SSD: OCZ-Vertex3 120 GB, Games and other software, even older and still working fine even though OCZ kinda messed up way back when.
    HDD: Seagate 3TB, Everything else and even older and still working amazingly, probably die soon though I suppose which will make me sad.
    PS: Corsair AX760
    Monitor #1: HP ZR30w 2560x1600
    Monitor #2: HP w2408h 1920x1200 portrait mode

KB: Cooler Master CM STORM QuickFire Stealth with MX Brown switches, a variety of fancy special keys and high visibility stickers.
    Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma
    Headset: HyperX Cloud II
    Wheel: Logitech Driving Force G29 with GT Omega Steering Wheel stand and the Shifter that I don't currently have in use.

Pretty happy with it all. Next non-failure upgrade will be video card, but I'll try to extend that as much as possible. Probably try to get 3000/3200 RAM and maybe some advanced cooling at that time too.

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Wait, I fell behind on the last thread. Is this still the right place to ask about the state of component buying?

A friend wants to upgrade after seeing E3, but I wanted to check with the PA hive mind before recommending anything.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    It's gotten better on the GPU front, but ram prices are still bad.

It doesn't look like we're going to be seeing the next generation of nvidia cards for awhile yet, and amd still hasn't put out anything to really compete with them either. I would say now is a fine time to buy a gpu if you can find one at msrp.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    There's not a lot to suggest that the 11xx series, whenever Nvidia launches it, won't also be fairly expensive (as new lines typically are) and in high demand.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    It's gotten better on the GPU front, but ram prices are still bad.

It doesn't look like we're going to be seeing the next generation of nvidia cards for awhile yet, and amd still hasn't put out anything to really compete with them either. I would say now is a fine time to buy a gpu if you can find one at msrp.

olololol even the bargain basement cards are $30 over MSRP right now. Fucking cryptos!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stop. This is for pics. Use the PC Build Thread

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    It might be helpful if it had a different thread name. The [PC Builds] part is so similar to the other. [PC Build Pics] maybe?

• Options
    You're not wrong, and I'll update the thread title, but this was last updated in December whereas the other one had activity earlier in the week so I'm not sure how it showed up as a "higher" option.