As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Once a day medicines - do I need to wait a full 24 hours?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited December 2017 in Help / Advice Forum
I have my final dose of a steroid and an antibiotic to take today. On the first day I took them at 5PM. And I’ve been taking them between 5-6 PM every day since.

The steroid I need to take with food and I’m starving now so I’m wondering if I really do need to wait till 5 or 6. (It’s nearly 3PM now).

I feel like this is a dumb question but I typically avoid doctors and medicines so I can’t really remember and the internets are just full of random garbage on this kind of topic.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Go ahead and take it.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I mean in an ideal world you would take every medication at the exact same time each day. That said, for just a steroid and an antibiotic, plus or minus a few hours probably won't make much difference. Something like a blood thinner I would be much more concerned with.

That said, I'm not a medical professional. If you're concerned, just call your pharmacy and ask how exacting you need to be. The number is literally on the bottle and they should be able to tell you.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I took it. I'm still alive.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar